Plastic Surgery

Topic locked
Plastic surgery Apr 11, 2006
A friend of mine is looking at getting some plastic surgery done.She is married and has two kids great body but she feels that her top half needs to be enlarged as they have shrunk as she puts it after child birth.This women looks great now and with this done well she would be superb.She wants to know which is the best place to go and what other people think. :)

uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think there's anything wrong with plastic sugery so long as you're doing it for the right reasons. Heck so many people do it these days it's becoming the norm, if you don't like something then fix it.

Researching plastic surgeons is very important and you must take your time to find the right surgeon for you - or your friend in this case.

The is a very good clinic on Al Wasl road, I can't remember the name at the moment but let me get home and dig out their info. The two surgeons there are very well respected and they also work in the hospitals as well as doing the private surgery work. Emirates send all their staff there for any surgical matters. A friend of mine had breast implants with one of the guys there and they're fabulous! Also another friend had collogen implants in the lips - looked great (after initial swelling subsided - you look like you've been punched in the face for a few days).

Surgery is fine so long as it doesn't look unnatural. Sounds like your friend just needs a bit of a boost and not knockers from hell! Maybe just a lift and reshape or implants to give a slightly bigger size and firmness.

And before anyone asks - No I've never had surgery!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
You are correct she doesnt want to become Pam A but just wants to increase slightly now the big Question how much if you know.So what if you have had anything its your choice
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Yep I totally agree.

I'll PM the details to you later today.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
yes.. we must make efforts to uplift the down-trodden.. :wink:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
I do not see any thing wrong with a man or women wanting to look there best and it is not a question of being down trodden
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
It has nothing to do with being down trodden at all what a ridiculous thing to say!

If you don't like something about yourself, there exists methods to improve things today, but you have to bear in mind that with all surgery comes risk, the outcomes are not always guaranteed and very often people have overly high expectations of what can be achieved.

I had moles I didn't like so I had them removed, not only because they were in akward places and so got caught on certain clothing, but also for health reasons. I didn't like my teeth so got braces and fixed them - what's the big deal?

Plastic of cosmetic surgery is no different, just invasive. Many people forget it takes a long time to heal - sometimes upto a year! - and that straight after an operation they might very look like they've just walked away from a car wreck.

It's certainly nothing to do with bein down trodden.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
you didnt get the joke my friend.. ' down trodden ' is a pun..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
A pun of what? There's no pun in there - sorry! You'll have to explain it for us thickos around here!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
Explain it to me to
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:A pun of what? There's no pun in there - sorry! You'll have to explain it for us thickos around here!

well.. look up the thesaurus for the word..

i am sure the three others in the family have 'subjugated', 'oppressed' or 'exploited' her top part.. for their own needs and pleasures..

so it needs upliftment.. :lol:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting view :? :? :?
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
That's still not a pun I'm afraid.

A pun would be 'A friend had a breast enlargement which certainly 'lifted' the spirits of all her friends'.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's still not a pun I'm afraid.

A pun would be 'A friend had a breast enlargement which certainly 'lifted' the spirits of all her friends'.

a pun indeed.. but a feeble one..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Chocs was just giving a very good and accurate example of a "pun" Ajoy

:roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 11, 2006
Indeed, because I'm sorry but 'down trodden' was not a pun. And maybe you should pick up a copy of the Dictionary next time, instead of a Thesaurus?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
hey.. it was an old school joke... don't take it so seriously...

i just remembered it and thought of throwing it here to see if anybody could catch it..

and choco.. i told to refer to a thesaurus.. just to make it simple for u blokes to understand it better.....peace.. :lol:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Ajoy, first of all I'm not a bloke.

Second a dictionary gives explanations of words, a thesaurus gives alternative words with the same meaning. So in this case a dictionary would be a the more appropriate tool.

I'm not taking things seriously. It wasn't funny, it wasn't a pun, it might be 'old skool' but no-one else has ever heard of it, nor did it make any sense.

Therefor in conclusion it was irrelevant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
but you acted like one.. cos if you go by the dictionary, you can never make sense...

the author of this thread could make some sense out of it... you couldnt..not because u havent undersood it..

.. its because u are a feminist and u couldnt take this joke..as a joke.. :(
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Aww don't beat Ajoy up, i kinda got it. she probably read aussie's post as his friend's were getting a bit saggy or down and needed to be uplifted, I don’t think she meant it as an insult just maybe not the funniest of jokes.

Back on topic, I’m personally not for them, one of my roomies while in school got hers done, she was hot to begin with and was a beer tub girl at one of the bars, so believe it or not work paid for them. It did help her confidence and tips increased, plus for the first month someone had to do the tough job of massaging them every night to ensure the most natural look by preventing hardening ;) , so not all bad. But after she got them done, she started getting self conscious about her nose, it is downward spiral imho

It is sad that society forces so many young women and increasing number of men to be so disappointed with what they see in the mirror.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 11, 2006
Fayaz disagree if a man or women wants to do anything to their body that is their choice.Some people mind you go to the extremes ie: MJ a lot of people use the old society line all the time but really would you change your self because it is what society dictates????>Iam not old enough to need any thing well I hope not anyway but iam sure in the future if I do i know that I have the choice
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Personally, I wouldn't have plastic surgery unless I was in an accident or something and needed reconstructive surgery. I figure that I should be happy with the way I look.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 11, 2006
kanelli good to see you think that way but still dont see it as being an issue unless you take to the extreme.Its like saying to woman who wears padded bras they arent happy with their fig which is un true isnt they just want to look their best :?: :?:
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Pedantics, boys and girls...

Personally, the size of a ladies assets are not as important as whats inside her head.

Yes, its a bonus 'If she is fit' and a we all need a little help from time to time to hold back the ravages of time and nature, but being obsessed with looking like a Californian Barbie Doll is a silly objective.

Grow old...disgracefully!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 11, 2006
DK she doesnt want to look like a barbie doll just a bit better why not i say
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
To do this when you are perfectly normal and not in discomfort or what have you is explained by the subconscience lack of confidence in one's self.

If one has full self-confidence, one will not undertake such a proceedure unless one's life is threatened or simply, there is something with ones body causing discomfort (ie. Choco's pelvic moles :lol: )
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2006
Because any woman who spends more time cultivating her brain really doesn't pay attention to whether her breasts would look better a D cup rather than a B cup. Also, getting breasts done costs thousands of dirhams, when a padded bra costs a hundred dirhams - so those really aren't exactly the same thing. I suppose that being a slave to the cosmetics and beauty industry is similar to being a slave to plastic surgery - a lot of money goest to products and procedures year in and year out to try to fight aging and imperfection. I'd rather spend the money on trips to other countries, charity, and retirement funds. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:I'd rather spend the money on trips to other countries, charity, and retirement funds. :D

Exactly!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2006
I think thats a bit harsh K. If you were to apply that across the board then the issue of looking nice in nice clothes aslo apply.

If the issue of cosmetics and surgery is that relevant to how one one want to look good or improve, then the same would apply to what clothes you wear, and whether or not the cost justifies the means ( and were they made in a slave factory in the far east)
arniegang

Apr 11, 2006
Arnie great point
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat