Unmarried Couples In Dubai- PLEASE HELP!

Topic locked
Unmarried couples in dubai- PLEASE HELP! Jan 26, 2006
Hi everybody!

I was intending to move to Dubai at the end of the summer with my girlfriend. Could you please tell me if there is any problems with unmarried couples living together in Dubai? Also how long would we be allowed to stay on a visit visa in Dubai when looking for employment? I'm Irish and currently studying civil engineering. Are there good job opportunities for junior civil engineers?

Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

John

NasescO
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 26, 2006
The visit visa for UK is 60 days
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 28, 2006
Not to put a damper on things or seem unhelpful, but these questions have been asked a million times on this forum. Please do try to use the search function to find answers to quite common questions. If you have any more specific questions or need clarification on info, feel free to post them here.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 28, 2006
well said Kanelli
arniegang

Jan 29, 2006
And the time you guys spent criticising you could have answered the questions!

Visiti visa for UK/ European passport is 60 days from entry.

The Government turn a blind eye to western expats who're unmarried living together, just don't give anyone a reason to make a complaint against you! It is illegal, particularly where one or both parties are muslim, but you'll be fine. Like I said just don't irritate the neighbours.

Hope that helps.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 29, 2006
Choco, so we shouldn't tell people to read a bulletin board first and use the search function to find answers to quite common questions? That is basic bulletin board etiquette that many people are too lazy to follow.

I don't think your criticism of my post was valid.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 29, 2006
Choc

I have to side with Kanelli on this one babes, and... i did answer 50%, which you repeated :P

soz
arniegang

Jan 30, 2006
Ok ok, You're right! People should look for the subjects first. BUT the original thread on unmarried couples is now so full of rubbish it's not worth reading. And it was just quicker to reply to his post - just thinking logically.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
if moderators would get off their lazy ass and update the sticky FAQs for each section people wouldnt have to go that far to find the answers .. but i guess the moderators are busy having power trips :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:if moderators would get off their lazy a#s and update the sticky FAQs for each section people wouldnt have to go that far to find the answers .. but i guess the moderators are busy having power trips :)

Hey, I like my power trips.... 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Ditto Liban

8) 8) 8)
arniegang

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum