What The HP Was Doing, When The Danish Embassy Was Burning

Topic locked
what the HP was doing, when the Danish embassy was burning Feb 04, 2006
Today a Nazi group of Dane announced to burn the Quran (holy book of muslims) at Town Hall (main square) in Copenhagen Denmark.There were lot of police and muslims people . The news went to middle east that Danes are buring Quran and the Danish embassy in Syria has been blazed by angry people.

I think Danish news paper is responsible and they knew the reaction of muslims world but they were testing their damn freedom of speech .100 of jobs at Arla has been laid off because their production has been halt after freedom of speech :0).

well the things will get worst before they become better.

i always used to think whats great in Great Britain ,though i asked from lot of British people ,but i think that Great thing is that all cultures are living side by side wid respect in UK :roll: It is nice to see that Jack straw also criticized Danish govt no matter why :roll:

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 05, 2006
those nordic countries are xenophobic. Freedom of speech doesnt mean insulting Christain, Muslim or Jewish symbols. While Anti-semitism is implemented right way after yrs of blackmail by Jewish ppl, it's the time now to implement Islamophobia. As Choco said "respect must be earned" Well there are many rascist ppl in those countries who hate foreigner and cultures cos they are foreigner or other stuffs. No matter what u do those fools will hate u. So what u do? U have to force em to respect u in the mon style. Freedom of speech has it's limits and those bloody journalists must use it responsibly else freedom of wacking must be implemented
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 05, 2006
Well HP, I'm sorry but I found the protesters dressed as suicide bombers in London damn offensive! And the things they had written on placards were inciting violence and hatred. And did any of these people get arrest for disturbing the peace or for incitement? Hell NO!

Please don't lump Nazi supporters in with the general populus, as these people are just sick in the head.

I was speaking to one of my best friends last night and he was very upset and angry, saying that the muslim world had the chance to deal with the situation sensibly with decorum, but the actions of the few once again have only gone to reinforce the bad image of Islam and Muslims. He said that when he first saw the pictures back in September he thought nothing of it then and neither did anyone else and can't understand why it's all blown up now.

He said he's sick and tired of being viewed as the villian and with mistrust because of these silly people who're lacking in intelligence to deal with things in a peaceful way. Burning the Danish flag and making threats is just as insulting, tit for tat never works.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2006
Not a single Muslim EVER caricatured Jesus Christ and Moses and Abraham (peace on them)..... EVER!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
Well the loopies and nutters are out in force!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2006
Well now Poland and New Zealand have published them too. Are they going to take on the entire world? The whole thing is ridiculous!

Liban, there are ways and means of dealing with things, and violence is never a solution and it's a childish argument to say but he never did this, but he's done that - blah blah blah. Still is NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE - EVER!!!

The Vatican has now stepped in as well, saying they sympathise and that the images should never have been published, but they're also calling for calm and to sort things out properly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2006
Why do these stupid countries have to publish them???? Why feed the fire????? Don't they understand that this is insulting?????

I see that for the West, it is more important to make money via sensationalism and re-printing these highly offensive cartoon than to feel that this is insulting to Muslims and to kill the issue....

This is shameful.... Before Muslims stop demonstrating, the West must show restraint by stopping their sensationalist cash hungry technics.... Denmark started this with these cartoons, knowing full well their offensive nature and those publishing them have no shame either... Shame on you!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
But there in lies your catch 22! Muslims must also show restraint and deal with it in a more befitting manner.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2006
Everytime a Muslim calls on people to show restraint the West slaps Islam across the face by way of a new paper publishing this insult again...

Restraint??? Kinda hard not to strike back when someone is beating the crap out of you...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
But that's the thing! Sometimes you have to turn the other cheek and ignore it! Otherwise it'll just go on and on. It takes a greater man to ignore jibes and insults than a reactionary one. Don't you see they're just winding everyone up.

Sometimes the better thing to do is to just walk away.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2006
I actually agree with one point Liban makes - the cartoons should not be printed anymore. The fact that more papers are printing them is disrespectful and only adds flame to the fire.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 05, 2006
Liban wrote:Everytime a Muslim calls on people to show restraint the West slaps Islam across the face by way of a new paper publishing this insult again...

Restraint??? Kinda hard not to strike back when someone is beating the crap out of you...

Are cartoons physically violent? Did the little Mohammed on the page jump up and slap you or burn your flat down?

Mass demonstration is fine, but violence is a disgrace!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 05, 2006
Kanelli,

I agree with that, they need to stop it now, it is beyond a joke and just making things worse.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Liban wrote:Everytime a Muslim calls on people to show restraint the West slaps Islam across the face by way of a new paper publishing this insult again...

Are cartoons physically violent? Did the little Mohammed on the page jump up and slap you or burn your flat down?

Mass demonstration is fine, but violence is a disgrace!

Little Mohammed on the page.... Hmmm.... How disrespectful...

The cartoons are violent... They are a violent attack on Islam. Not brawn but brain violence... But violence nonetheless.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
I wonder if the creator of the cartoon was expecting his caracticure to become such a big issue...? But then again, he should have think twice...
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 05, 2006
Well, i do agree with one thing "NO VIOLANCE"

Lets do it this way. "Keep boycotting DENMARK"

lets take it one step at a time. then all other countries will think zillion time when they see this country down.

No violance, do it the "modern" way.

Cheers all.
yshimy

Feb 05, 2006
yshimy wrote:Well, i do agree with one thing "NO VIOLANCE"

Lets do it this way. "Keep boycotting DENMARK"

lets take it one step at a time. then all other countries will think zillion time when they see this country down.

No violance, do it the "modern" way.

Cheers all.

this boycott is making muslims feel better about themselves get them "involved" while the larger issues of Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more serious than any cartoon published anywhere and sadly not even 10% of this public grass roots campaigning and involvment has been directed toward those more serious offenses of the "west" against the muslim world.

I have many questions ..

1) the cartoon was originally published in sep 04 , and re-published last september, why now ?

2)check this out my friends :

http://www.islamcomicbook.com

where is everyone from boycotting the US ? lets see Saudi stop exporting oil to the US. hypocrites.

3)Why hasnt the Muslim public react half the way they have reacted to this issue on other more serious offenses by the west ?

... many more but i think i made my point
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
It is my hypothesis that the fundamental source of conflict in this new world will not be primarily ideological or primarily economic. The great divisions among humankind and the dominating source of conflict will be cultural. Nation states will remain the most powerful actors in world affairs, but the principal conflicts of global politics will occur between nations and groups of different civilizations. The clash of civilizations will dominate global politics. The fault lines between civilizations will be the battle lines of the future.

-Samuel P. Huntington
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2006
Extremely relevant and valid points Maaad
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 05, 2006
Really excellent points Maad.......very well said
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 06, 2006
Very nice questions touching the sour nerve as we say.

my contribution to these Qs, hope some other forumers reply too.

1) the cartoon was originally published in sep 04 , and re-published last september, why now ?
This issue took the snow ball effect, started small started to get bigger and bigger. First the isalmic community in denmark decided not to over react, they protested and asked for an apology with no reply from the newspaper and even the government said that it is "freedom of speech". Even the Danish Prime minister refused to meet 11 Ambassadors from Arab/Muslim countries.......!!!!!!!
This lead to the snow ball effect of people telling each other, talking to home countries about the destress they are in, and then the exponential curve started to hit the sky and here it is.

The Danish prime minister is asking to meet the Muslim/Arab countries ambasadors. (what an asshole)

The same man appologized about an "anti-jewish" topic was in Danish media. (FREEDOM OF SPEECH MY ASS)

where is everyone from boycotting the US ? lets see Saudi stop exporting oil to the US. hypocrites.

US is a super power, or THE Only super power and the big bully now on earth, you can't have the same conforntation like with the Danes. Stop exporting oil, well, there are alot of things and this is the biggest part of it. but this would lead into a REAL WWIII. For god's sake they hit Afghanistan to have a base to be able to attack Iraq to have their oil, so imagine what they would do if they found that all arabs will not give them oil.... mmmmmm secret word (NUKES)

3)Why hasnt the Muslim public react half the way they have reacted to this issue on other more serious offenses by the west ?

Like what??? but these days the middle east is having a huge transitions, not in their forign policies and this politica bullshit, but in the real people. people are getting closer espcially after the Afhghanistan and Iraq invasion. they know that this is the start of the big plan. (yeah, think i'm paranoid???? this is known scheme from before. yeah conspirecy theory, well guess what you want, it is happening, next syria then Iran)

People in the middle east and the masses are now seeing the danger closer, what happened to the people in Afghanestan and Iraq made them see the danger next door, saw the suffering of their fellows in Abu Gheirb and Guantanamo and even people from their own countries being held there and have actually experienced these suffereings and came home to tell these stories.

And when it come to religion, people are willing to loose their lives, it is more important than the land or countries.

anyway, These are my thoughts, might be right or wrong, but i'm there i'm here in the middle east, i lived all my life in all categories of the Arab/Muslim society and there are my two Cents :)

Cheers

May God give us the strength to save the dignity of our religoin.
yshimy

Feb 06, 2006
Excellent point Maad - one the powers that be should answer!

Interestingly, the film Syriana (which was filmed in Dubai!) and stars George Clooney, Matt Damon amongst others excellently shines a light on this issue.

Thoroughly recommend the movie if you can get to see it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 06, 2006
Though it seems it is banned in Dubai.

Hypocrisy was that it was shown in the film festival....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 06, 2006
With all of this *protesting* by extreme islamic movement sympathisers (I dont want to say muslims or islam, because they are not all lumped togeher) has been getting alot of attention.

However, do not forget about the western youth that is getting sick and tired of dealing with these people. The Western European states are about fed up with having to look over their shoulder because a movement promotes violence and uses a major religion as a vehicle to drive that promotion. Until non-violent muslims will stand up and say they no longer support violent hypocrites using their religion as a basis for violence, then everyone will be lumped together, and the muslim religion will continue to be looked upon as a terrorist movement. You have to dissassociate yourselves from the violent tactics.

It sucks having immigrants come to your country, refuse to adopt your culture, and then start violently protesting over any thing that could possibly ignite.

People have to walk on egg shells around anything islamic, but the president of Iran can openly say the holocaust didnt exist.
The west was very upset over those comments, but did they burn the Iran embassy down? Oh wait, thats coming. Nevermind. :bom:
pacificsurf619
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 07, 2006
The Koran will not be burned in Denmark. The police will stop it before it will happens.
Danishguy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 07, 2006
Pacificsurf,

Agree with the no violance idea, disagree with the idea of that these demonstrations are driven through some powers that have a hidden agenda.

http://www.7days.ae/regional-news/attacks-condemned.html
yshimy

Feb 07, 2006
Excellent point pacificsurf619! And interstig to note that the alleged reports of people sending texts to meet in Copenhagen to burn the Koran never happened! Just people once again trying to whip others into a frenzy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 07, 2006
Does adpoting culture mean having our women dress like sluts and no longer cover themselves properly?

Does it mean shunning God?

Does it mean espousing pre-marital sex and the entire notion of dating?

Does it mean drinking alchohol and eating bacon?

If it means just one of these things then we will never adopt your culture.

If you mean speaking the language, then of course, all immigrants must in addition to their mother tongue.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 08, 2006
Liban wrote:Does adpoting culture mean having our women dress like sluts and no longer cover themselves properly?

Does it mean shunning God?

Does it mean espousing pre-marital fun and the entire notion of dating?

Does it mean drinking alchohol and eating bacon?

If it means just one of these things then we will never adopt your culture.

If you mean speaking the language, then of course, all immigrants must in addition to their mother tongue.

Liban, Please open your eyes, many so called Muslims do at least the above anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 08, 2006
yshimy wrote:Very nice questions touching the sour nerve as we say.

my contribution to these Qs, hope some other forumers reply too.

This issue took the snow ball effect, started small started to get bigger and bigger. First the isalmic community in denmark decided not to over react, they protested and asked for an apology with no reply from the newspaper and even the government said that it is "freedom of speech". Even the Danish Prime minister refused to meet 11 Ambassadors from Arab/Muslim countries.......!!!!!!!
This lead to the snow ball effect of people telling each other, talking to home countries about the destress they are in, and then the exponential curve started to hit the sky and here it is.

The Danish prime minister is asking to meet the Muslim/Arab countries ambasadors. (what an asshole)

The same man appologized about an "anti-jewish" topic was in Danish media. (FREEDOM OF SPEECH MY a#s)

US is a super power, or THE Only super power and the big bully now on earth, you can't have the same conforntation like with the Danes. Stop exporting oil, well, there are alot of things and this is the biggest part of it. but this would lead into a REAL WWIII. For god's sake they hit Afghanistan to have a base to be able to attack Iraq to have their oil, so imagine what they would do if they found that all arabs will not give them oil.... mmmmmm secret word (NUKES)

Like what??? but these days the middle east is having a huge transitions, not in their forign policies and this politica bullshit, but in the real people. people are getting closer espcially after the Afhghanistan and Iraq invasion. they know that this is the start of the big plan. (yeah, think i'm paranoid???? this is known scheme from before. yeah conspirecy theory, well guess what you want, it is happening, next syria then Iran)

People in the middle east and the masses are now seeing the danger closer, what happened to the people in Afghanestan and Iraq made them see the danger next door, saw the suffering of their fellows in Abu Gheirb and Guantanamo and even people from their own countries being held there and have actually experienced these suffereings and came home to tell these stories.

And when it come to religion, people are willing to loose their lives, it is more important than the land or countries.

anyway, These are my thoughts, might be right or wrong, but i'm there i'm here in the middle east, i lived all my life in all categories of the Arab/Muslim society and there are my two Cents :)

Cheers

May God give us the strength to save the dignity of our religoin.

Well said yshimy. Now to Choco and Pacific. Go back to 19 30's newspapers across Europe and North America. Many newspapers were Anti-Semitic. Now after WW2 they are careful of their words and yes the top Jewish controlled media spreads the notion that all Jews are basically victims of holocaust. Newspapers these days are less anti-semitic, do u know why? Not bcos they are respect Jews but bcaos they are afraid of their jobs. Now as yshimy put it, the Muslims in Denmark tried in moderate way to solve the problem but tose rascist fools dont even know what's right from wrong and yes the Danish minister refused to meet with ambassadors so now what? Yes BANG BANG. Now u get the attention cos bad deeds are always more conspicuous than good.
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums