Women Living In Dubai

Topic locked
Women living in Dubai Dec 02, 2008
Hi there folks,

I've been offered a job as a nurse in Dubai, before even thinking of accepting it i would like to know more about how are foreign women treated? Do you have to wear a veil? Do people bother us if aren't dressed the way they like?

I woulkd be going with my boyfriend and i've heard that "flirting" isn't allowed, it can even lead to prison. What can you tell about this?

Can any women living there tell me how is it? Did you like it? Was it easy?

Thank you so much!

Best regards!

saritamc
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 02, 2008
Oh, please... You won't have to wear a veil, it's quite a liberal place and even though PDA is not allowed here (if that's what you mean by "flirting") I saw people doing it and nobody tried to lock them up.
Since you'd be going with you boyfriend, you should know that technically cohabiting is not allowed for the unmarried couples but again everybody does it.
So relax, you don't have to worry about stuff like that, you should be worrying about other things like finding an apartment etc;)
Smylga
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 03, 2008
Thanks for the enlightment :) that's a better picture that the one people painted over here. About place to stay the agency that his hiring the nurses takes care of that, all nurses will be staying at a 5 star hotel i think.

When i said flirting i meant like for example kissing my boyfriend in the street. What do you mean by PDA?
saritamc
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 03, 2008
You're sure welcome! By PDA I meant public displays of affection, which is the same you ment by flirting I guess :)
Smylga
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 03, 2008
I think you are confused between Dubai and Saudi. Saudi is what you have mentioned. My girlfriend is working in Saudi as a nurse. I rarely see her but when I have business trip to Saudi then I will meet up with her at the medical center. We could not even go out for a date or anything. All we do is jes talk n talk.. Well, Dubai is much better but more expensive to maintain.
ivanlim84
Dubai Forum User

Dec 04, 2008
I doubt you will be living 'in a 5* hotel' but you should find it just like anywhere else. Dubai is comparatively liberal.

The level of professionalism you will find here is another story...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Women living in Dubai Jan 01, 2009
Edited due to post being against forum rules.

Mod
ramtouch
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Women living in Dubai Jan 01, 2009
saritamc wrote:Hi there folks,

I've been offered a job as a nurse in Dubai, before even thinking of accepting it i would like to know more about how are foreign women treated? Do you have to wear a veil? Do people bother us if aren't dressed the way they like?

I woulkd be going with my boyfriend and i've heard that "flirting" isn't allowed, it can even lead to prison. What can you tell about this?

Can any women living there tell me how is it? Did you like it? Was it easy?

Thank you so much!

Best regards!

though there is a downturn, i don't think you will have problems regarding to what you mentioned,

there are pubs and discos and every entaintment activities here. as long you dont have problems with the climate. 4-5 months its comparatively hot and the rest is cool .
you will not have to wear such dresses. all you need to cover your nips and you can see women wear in biknies on beaches as well there is no problem with that but they dont allow you to walk out of the beach with such dresses. and if they see they wont arrest you, they will tell you its not allowed.
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance