Accident At Dubai Marina Yesterday!

Topic locked
May 11, 2006
Conc

The powers that be havent experienced people like us that wont take shit.

Take for example the situation in Marina Phase 1. When Emaar assessed the 2nd Management charge, a lot of the residents ( mainly westerners) all got together and withheld the money. It was resolved to the residents satisfaction.

I believe the same in going to happen in our complex. After a year, we have got to all know each other of sorts. They forget we arnt stupid. Sadly for them we can invoke rules and regulations, including sacking the management company if enough of us call an emergency meeting.

We will only take so much crap before we start to bite back.

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 11, 2006
bschmidt wrote:
Mel Marie wrote:
bschmidt wrote:Publishing these pictures here is just as sick as taking them in my opinion.

I feel so much dísgust about such people.
Probably the person who took the pictures even hindered the rescue units, while they were doing their job.

How can someone actually walk to a car, with injured people in it just to take photos? It's simply disgusting...

:evil:

Let me clear something up for you..

Who took these pictures was someone who works for Emaar Properties. It was part of their job to take such pictures.

Plus, those people were getting their proper treatment, they wasn't left & someone was just snapping their pictures up!

And was it also their job to get these pictures of injured humans published on the internet???
I would really like to hear your opinion on this, if it is YOU or some close relative of yours, whose face is distributed on the internet like this.

Sorry... this makes me just angry, and there is no reason to show such pictures. NOTHING is going to change in the attitude of people because these pictures are shown.

The people shown on these disgusting pictures and their families have personal rights, and I doubt that the photographer asked them, if they want their pictures published.

The pictures got published for people to be more aware while driving & to take care!

It would have been me or you!
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2006
You know what, seeing the demolished cars gives me quite a good idea of how bad the crash is. Posting the pics of bloodied people is poor taste.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 11, 2006
OK K i can go with that. Fair point.
arniegang

May 11, 2006
Er why does a property company have the right to take pictures? The only people who should be authorised to take pictures of accidents are the Police and accident investigators, both of which have the power to release them to the press for use.

Members of the public who take images of bloodied people being loaded into ambulances are sickos and whether they realise it or not, will be a hinderance to the emergency serices.

As has been said how would you like it if you were the one on the stretcher?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Liban wrote:That road is insane. People drive on it going 140kph +

You talking about Arnie in the beast? :lol:

Liban wrote:That traffic light doesn't even work. Used to and then stopped working. Workers probably broke the circuit - morons!
It was bound to happen. I am happy I do not reside there anymore or that could well have been me.... :shock:

Funnily enough after 3 consecutive days of accidents, this one took the cake, the lights at that junction now works - Amazing!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Accidents like this will continue to happen while people treat SZR like the German Autobahn. The other morning I saw a pretty big smash between two SUVs (one ran very fast into the back of another) because people are just driving too fast and are driving too closely.

I think the Dubai police and RTA need to do a blitz on SZR and introduce heavy fines and even suspension of licences of some of these morons.

I was driving at 100 near the Mall of Emirates this morning, and this guy in a Mercedes shot past at literally blinding speed. He must have been doing 160 +.

Morons like this shouldn't have cars, because it is not only themselves they will kill but innocent others.
^ian^

May 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Members of the public who take images of bloodied people being loaded into ambulances are sickos and whether they realise it or not, will be a hinderance to the emergency serices.

As has been said how would you like it if you were the one on the stretcher?

Choco, I did not see any 'property representitive' at the scene. Some drongos (sick buggars) came out of their cars with phones to try to take pics and credit to the police who attended the scene who promptly told them to get back in their cars and proceed.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
If I had my way these mobile phone sickos would be having to seek medical treatment themselves.... to extricate their camera phones from a rather delicate place. Ghouls is the word.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:Conc

The powers that be havent experienced people like us that wont take shit.

The only thing saving them from my wrath is that I simply rent at the moment and have been super busy with other matters and not particulary a pool person - it's the principal though. Nevertheless I was about to contact the landlord and real estate broker and demand a refund - as one of the selling points of the apt was a roof top pool. And of course I am prepared for the "consequences" of my insolence at asking for a 'refund" (but for their sake I just hope this pool situation is resolved, etc. as they just indicated).

However, I suspect that they will continue to blame the municipality. Another hillarious water related feature is the fountain in front of the building which they have filled and emptied at leas 50 times (no exageration) and they cannot figure out why (or where it leaks). Just in the past 3 days it has run continuously - yet it takes a long time to empty abath tub in this brand new building - go figure!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat