Liban - Comments

Topic locked
Mar 02, 2006
GAB wrote:
just wants to stir the pot

I'd say Kanelli that you've hit the nail on the head.

I was thinking about this briefly, and it left a sick feeling in my stomach. If Liban is a Wind-Up Merchant (WUM) who says outrageous things to attract attention to himself and stir up some action for his own amusement, what does that mean for this forum?

It means that Liban has been inflaming the Islam vs. West issues that are very touchy since 9/11. He has been slandering people and spewing hate, giving extreme opinions that he doesn't even believe in, then watching to see everyone from each side fall for the bait.

Are you all happy to be manipulated by Liban for his own selfish amusement? Do you want to have tensions and misunderstanding with others on this board because someone finds it amusing to get everyone riled up?

Even if Liban believes what he says on this forum, it marks him as a racist, intolerant and rude person.

So, Liban, you have been called out! Do you have anything to say to us?

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 02, 2006
Kanelli you are boring me to death.... You are so fascinated with me and I am growing tired of your little attemps to ridicule me.

I used to find myself bemused at your attempts to make me look like a villain. Now I am just tired and bored.

Keep yapping away all you want by trying to get people against me, it will not work because of the silent majority who actually speaks to me on a personal basis on the phone and who I have met countless times.

This mentally of "us vs. them" is at the core of your personal ideology from what I see.... Did you intern at George Bush Academy? :)

Kanelli, keep trying to involve yourself by trying to spread your awkward and misplaced beleifs of me being evil and, who knows, maybe you will start to amuse me once more.

Good Luck and God Bless!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
[quote="Liban"]Kaneli, you have too much time on your hands....

Go find a cliff and jump...[/quote]

Liban

I have to say K does have a more than fair point. You appear at times to be of 2 different persona's. Its difficult for some of us to work out which is the real Liban.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2006
Liban, I am not fascinated by you, I am disgusted by you. I wonder what your friends on this forum think about you acting one way in person and then acting like you do on this forum. They are probably shaking their heads and trying to stay out of it because they can see you've dug yourself in really deep.

Words can be powerful, even if you think it is fun just to have a lark on this forum. You don't need to slander and abuse others in order to have fun and socially interact with people in an online community.

Your own words as quoted here (and this is only a small number of examples) show how racist and slanderous you are, if those indeed reflect your true opinions.

If I show up at the meet tomorrow what are you going to say to me?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:If I show up at the meet tomorrow what are you going to say to me?

Kanelli, you were afraid of attending a meet now you are contemplating attending it... Interesting.

Also, for someone who is "disgusted" by me, you sure put alot of importance in knowing what I am gonna say to you, if I even speak to you or know who you are....

Interesting.... Also, quite amusing.

Kanelli, you seem to be on the right path. Keep up with this and you may return to being my Dubai Forums source of bemusement.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:If I show up at the meet tomorrow what are you going to say to me?

Kanelli, you were afraid of attending a meet now you are contemplating attending it... Interesting.

Also, for someone who is "disgusted" by me, you sure put alot of importance in knowing what I am gonna say to you, if I even speak to you or know who you are....

Interesting.... Also, quite amusing.

Kanelli, you seem to be on the right path. Keep up with this and you may return to being my Dubai Forums source of bemusement.

Keep stirring Liban - you are making more of an ass of yourself.

I admit that I used to think you were potentially dangerous, but now I know you are a wee little man behind a computer who likes to wind everyone up. It really does make a difference.

Poor pathetic Liban... everyone is now wise to your game and your WUM attempts will be met with silence... no more amusement for you.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 02, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Keep stirring Liban - you are making more of an a#s of yourself.

I admit that I used to think you were potentially dangerous, but now I know you are a wee little man behind a computer who likes to wind everyone up. It really does make a difference.

Poor pathetic Liban... everyone is now wise to your game and your WUM attempts will be met with silence... no more amusement for you.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Speaking of a$$es, how are you lately? :lol: j/k

Yes, everyone is now "wise to my game".... Yes, the minority is seen like the majority in your eyes... :)

The silence that accompanies most of your attempts to line people up against me is quite THUNDEROUS... How fascinating.

Come tomorrow, if for no other reason than to see how people warm up to me... That may deflate your ego to a more palpable level.

God Bless!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Liban

You need to remember the silent majority on here. K is far from alone in her opinions and the silent majority number on here number more than you think.

Does it not concern you that a lot of your comments actually frighten many on here, especially the female fraternity.

I know you make yourself out to be something that you are not. I really dont see what you wish to gain from creating this illusion, other than as suggested by Kanelli that you get some form of "kick" out of it.

If this is the case, why dont you just lighten up.

I can assure you Liban there are quite a few on this forum that may or may not goto the meet tomorrow because of you.

At the end of the day Liban, people will have a pre-formed opinion about you from how you project yourself with these boards.

Lets be totally frank here Liban. How do you expect someone like Kanelli to greet you, with open arms, a hug or to not mention or be affraid to discuss something controversial ?? at any meeting, after the way you have addressed and abused her and others.

Some of us here have formed true friendships in meeting through these Boards. It would be inconcievable for me within the terms and respect of those friendships i have made, to speak to them with total and utter disrespect on here, like you have.

Dont take this as a flame, i just wanted to point out some obvious factors which i feel that you may not have registered or actually thought about unless mentioned, and i believe in speaking in how it actually is.

At the end of the day Liban you have a choice, there are many nice peeps on here that i can tell you are genuinely nice people including their partners. Whether or not we all agree or disagree on a given subject matters not, its how respectful we are to each other that matters.

People have a perception of the way others project themselves in public on here, only a fool would think otherwise.
arniegang

Mar 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:Some of us here have formed true friendships in meeting through these Boards. It would be inconcievable for me within the terms and respect of those friendships i have made, to speak to them with total and utter disrespect on here, like you have.

Arnie,

I must say that was very well put. As you probably have noticed, I have not been saying too much lately due to the fact that I was tired of being jumped on every time I said something. From now on I try to keep my religious beliefs and opinions to myself.

There are alot of genuinely nice people on this forum, but I must say, that you have to watch out for others as well, as their true colors show in their posts.

A true friend does not slander, flame or ridicule another friend. Everyone has faults, and that is just a part of being a human being, but nobody deserves to be walked on or talked down to by another person.

I have met alot of wonderful "true" friends on this forum (they know who they are :) ). They are people that you can trust....and that is a big thing when it comes to friendship.
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 02, 2006
Part of a forum can be to play devil's advocate and as I've always said tone is lost in posting. If someone is offended a simple pm-which I consider to be private and personal, can solve the issue. My philosophy is you can't judge someone until you know them.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2006
Gab

This is a excellent example. I consider you a friend, but i will have to respectfully disagree with you.

How we conduct ourselves whether it be on a message board/forum or in real life makes no difference to me. You mentioned "tone", if you read up within this very thread you will notice Liban told K to jump off a cliff. In this instance "tone" has no place or relevance. It is directly rude and cannot be construed as anything else.

Being or playing a "devils advocate" has no place within the confines of respect or friendship. It would be false to not have the ability to disagree with friends. Like i said in my post its how we disagree that matters. Siting on a fence works for some i agree, but to me the inability to disagree within a friendship, would make me question the concept of that friendship.

I feel i know you well enough to openly and respecfully disagree with you here openly, likewise i did with shaf a while ago.. I dont feel the need to "pm" you on this subject, and that is where i feel the concept here with regards Liban differs.
arniegang

Mar 02, 2006
I don't think anyone can miss the tone of this message:

Liban wrote:"As far as I am concerned, the Jews are a curse on this planet...

They are like a disease. They infest and spread like vermin.
Sure some Jews died 60+ years ago... But so did millons more other people. So why do we keep blabbering about those bastards? Why? Because they have their dirty little fingers and crooked noses congtrolling all media, money, governments, etc... Satan's little helpers.

I curse the evil Jew. And as far as I am concerned. Hitler was a BIG LOSER because he couldn't finish what he started...

I agree with you partially GAB. Ideally we should not judge a person until we "meet" them, however, is this not "meeting" on a forum? Sure, we are not able to reach out and touch a person, but still - we are interacting with people all the same. Maybe some people hide behind an avatar and change their personality because they can get away with it - but what does that say about a person if they can't be themselves? It certainly presents a problem when it comes time to meet in person and suddenly you have to be responsible for your words.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 02, 2006
Hi,

kanelli, well, I'm too ashamed to reply to that, but thanks for your kind words and I pray for kindness and wisdom for everyone... including me, I'll leave at that.

Liban, I think I'll stop posting, as what I'm saying seems to be falling on deaf ears. One brother said, when we break one set of idols inside us, i think what we find is a whole bunch more that are more subtle and harder to find and break. this, to me, is the purpose of the deen: to help us to see all of those places inside us where our surrender is not complete, some part of us on the inside that is turned toward other than Him, and heal them by turning to Him in them. i don't wish to imply that anyone struggles with these things any more than i do. surely we are all equal in the fact of our slavehood before Him, and we are where He puts us and nowhere else. from islam to iman to ihsan is a long road; may Allah have mercy upon all of us who find ourselves on it, or anywhere near it!

If this is a forum it doesn't makes a difference, because words can hurt & heal people too.

I'm very sorry if I've misspoken.

God bless; I think we need blessings...
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2006
Nucleus wrote:Hi,

kanelli, well, I'm too ashamed to reply to that, but thanks for your kind words and I pray for kindness and wisdom for everyone... including me, I'll leave at that.

Liban, I think I'll stop posting, as what I'm saying seems to be falling on deaf ears. One brother said, when we break one set of idols inside us, i think what we find is a whole bunch more that are more subtle and harder to find and break. this, to me, is the purpose of the deen: to help us to see all of those places inside us where our surrender is not complete, some part of us on the inside that is turned toward other than Him, and heal them by turning to Him in them. i don't wish to imply that anyone struggles with these things any more than i do. surely we are all equal in the fact of our slavehood before Him, and we are where He puts us and nowhere else. from islam to iman to ihsan is a long road; may Allah have mercy upon all of us who find ourselves on it, or anywhere near it!

If this is a forum it doesn't makes a difference, because words can hurt & heal people too.

I'm very sorry if I've misspoken.

God bless; I think we need blessings...

GUYZ GUYZ I have no clue why are you making big deal about it? Yes Liban has two sides or exhibits 2 different personalities and so do we due to 'mood' swings. We all have a life and there are ups and downs everyday. Liban must be peeping while at job or at the end of the day. As far as the apology is concerend, he has been stubborn ever since day 3 . first 2 days he acted like an @ss. Now u dont wanna mess or spam the forum with stuffs that Liban doesnt even read most of the time, so why even make an effort. There is ONLY ONE way to confront and tame the wild horse and I KNOW it very well. PM me if you wanna know , I am serious abt this. :twisted:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
Kanelli, Forget it, there's no talking to Liban, he thinks that because he'll get judged later on it gives him an excuse to be nasty and talk to people in a disgraceful manner. Truth is he's a bad example of a Muslim and a terrible representative. He himself has racist attitudes, but obviously think she's too big to admit it.

Forget it and walk away. Because you're a better person than he'll ever be.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2006
Well, I met the infamous Liban yesterday. He didn't apologise, as expected. I was civil but didn't really pay much attention to him - there were so many other nice people there to focus my attention on. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 04, 2006
:lol: I am so miffed with you now Arnie!!-NOT!! :lol: I've sent a pm to you!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
kanelli wrote:Well, I met the infamous Liban yesterday. He didn't apologise, as expected. I was civil but didn't really pay much attention to him - there were so many other nice people there to focus my attention on. :)

Oh damn u r supposed to b undercover agent 402. Dah u cover was blown even b4 the operation began. As for me I enjoyed the best part of being agent 420.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
He he he. :wink: Well, I wasn't going to reveal who I was, but everyone was being introduced with their names and screen names right off the bat. I could have pretended to be someone else, but that isn't my style. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 04, 2006
GAB wrote::lol: I am so miffed with you now Arnie!!-NOT!! :lol: I've sent a pm to you!! :lol:

You wove me weally :wink:

:love7:
arniegang

Mar 04, 2006
Actually I like chocolate better!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Will you two get a room!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2006
:shock: For a moment there Choco I thought Liban was back!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Hehehe, sorry but you two are so funny - it cracks me up! Bless ya :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2006
I just have a thing for a man who owns his own zimmer! :blob3:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Gabs woves me because i'm so much older than her, and my zimmer is turbo charged, and.............

i can draw my pension next year :shock:

Gabs can woooo me then for gifts of choccy and cakey, and if she dont get her own way she will nick me zimmer :oops:

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Mar 05, 2006
:lol: Darling, you know I only love your combine harvester.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2006
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wheres me

tractarrrrrrrrrrr

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Mar 06, 2006
Liban is great person . :roll:

Liban dude ,just control your anger while discussing ,otherwise u are always beautiful no matter what the people say :P . my all comforts will remain with u .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 06, 2006
HP wrote:Liban is great person . :roll:

Liban dude ,just control your anger while discussing ,otherwise u are always beautiful no matter what the people say :P . my all comforts will remain with u .

Holly crap! u r still stickig around!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums