Visiting From Israel

Topic locked
Visiting from Israel Jun 23, 2007
Can an American citizen visit Dubai with an Israeli stamp in his passport? The problem is, its the ONLY stamp so its not like hidden in the back or anything where the cutoms guy might not notice... Thanks!

jenji
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Visiting from Israel Jun 23, 2007
jenji wrote:Can an American citizen visit Dubai with an Israeli stamp in his passport?

Arab countries say they refuse entry. There are rumours that some people have succeeded in Dubai though.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 23, 2007
no, most GCC countries will refuse you entry.
normally people travelling out of the reagion to israel on business would have to do it via egypt, there they issue you with a loose page in your passport which is stamped on entry into isreal and can be removed after the visit.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 23, 2007
You will be fine in Dubai ... i know people who have entered not only with a stamp but with a full page visa stamped on the passport. However dont even think about entering Saudi, Syria, or Lebanon
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Israeli stamp in passport Jun 23, 2007
MaaaD wrote:You will be fine in Dubai ... i know people who have entered not only with a stamp but with a full page visa stamped on the passport. However dont even think about entering Saudi, Syria, or Lebanon

Wow, I am sure I have read several articles that say a person is refused entry with an Israeli stamp.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2007
its likely that you will be turned away, if you have the stamp from there. we've had several co-workers turned away cause they had a stamp from there.

good luck, but be aware of gettin turned round.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Israeli stamp in passport Jun 23, 2007
admog wrote:Wow, I am sure I have read several articles that say a person is refused entry with an Israeli stamp.

There are many rules in Dubai which are "flexible".
bonk

Jun 24, 2007
they may not be so flexible when you have spent money on a ticket and are standing in a long long immigration line at 1 in the morning ... and you find yourself sent back to the departures area
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 24, 2007
Someone I know came in with an israely stamp on his passport without problems. And I've heard of many although I have not seen the stamp.

Clearly if you have an Israely passport you have a better chance of enterings Mars..

Most of the time the immigration officer is just looking for a clean spot to stamp the passport!

Having only one stamp won't help.

Simple solution: Get a new passport. Surely the cost of a new passport will be less than the price of an airplane ticket! Even if you have to pay for "expedited" processing of your passport.

p.s. hide the star of david and yamalke.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:they may not be so flexible when you have spent money on a ticket and are standing in a long long immigration line at 1 in the morning ... and you find yourself sent back to the departures area

Ok, I should have said applied randomly / inconsistently :).
bonk

Jun 24, 2007
double post
bonk

Jun 24, 2007
triple post :shock: :?:
bonk

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum