Management Consultancy Packages

Topic locked
Management Consultancy packages Sep 11, 2006
Hi,

I’ve had a final round interview with a consultancy in the UAE and I think I’m going to choose Dubai as a base over Abu Dhabi assuming I'm successful.

I’m hoping to get an offer soon and I’m keen to get a handle on what sort of benefits I should be asking for. I’ve read a few different topics on salaries and the like here but none have been in a similar industry.

I’m a UK passport holder with 6 years consultancy experience (would be coming in as basically a senior operating consultant/ lower level sales development).

3 questions:

1) Anyone who has emigrated from a UK consultancy, what should be my expectations in terms of salary change? (e.g. should I expect less or about the same given it’s tax free?)

2) Are there still full expat packages available in this industry in Dubai?

3) What should I be looking for as a reasonable offer out of the following and what could I reasonably do without if I had to?
· Housing allowance
· Health
· Dental
· Flights
· Schooling (I have a 3 year old daughter, should I still negotiate schooling now or wait until later?)
· Relocation allowance
· Car

I know it’s quite a specific question, so any general advice appreciated if you don’t know exactly.

scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 11, 2006
HI scott, welcome to DF.

Send me PM, I will endevour to answer your questions
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:HI scott, welcome to DF.

Send me PM, I will endevour to answer your questions

how come not answer it here for sake of future management consultants :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

agree with Maaad Jan 15, 2007
100% agree with Maaad

please advise here..not there?
down2earth
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: agree with Maaad Jan 15, 2007
down2earth wrote:100% agree with Maaad

please advise here..not there?

Yup..please share, as I'm in the same boat too!!
(Obviously, not exact figures but giving a range would be good).
Cheers.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Management Consultancy packages Jan 15, 2007
See answers in Red

scot1870 wrote:Hi,

I’ve had a final round interview with a consultancy in the UAE and I think I’m going to choose Dubai as a base over Abu Dhabi assuming I'm successful.

I’m hoping to get an offer soon and I’m keen to get a handle on what sort of benefits I should be asking for. I’ve read a few different topics on salaries and the like here but none have been in a similar industry.

I’m a UK passport holder with 6 years consultancy experience (would be coming in as basically a senior operating consultant/ lower level sales development).

3 questions:

1) Anyone who has emigrated from a UK consultancy, what should be my expectations in terms of salary change? (e.g. should I expect less or about the same given it’s tax free?)

Not less than your Gross in UK higher would be good, however it would be helpful to know what your getting at the moment.

2) Are there still full expat packages available in this industry in Dubai?

Full Expat packages are still available with good companies

3) What should I be looking for as a reasonable offer out of the following and what could I reasonably do without if I had to?
· Housing allowance - 3 bed Villa 180 - 200k per annum
· Health - Private Medical BUPA Gold if possible
· Dental - Normally only emergency will be offered
· Flights - Once per year for family
· Schooling (I have a 3 year old daughter, should I still negotiate schooling now or wait until later?) - Negotiate now to be included
· Relocation allowance - Relocation or local furniture allowance 60k is reasonable
· Car - 4x4 say Pajero or similar including running cost

I know it’s quite a specific question, so any general advice appreciated if you don’t know exactly.

Good luck,

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 15, 2007
Thanks S&O
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
Depends on the company, there is a LOT of people who want consultancy jobs out here, and whilst the market is booming, market rates for selling consultants are coming down with competition and packages are not as lucrative as in years gone by.

I applied to 3-4 very reputable consultancies out here and took a position with one with best personal fit. The top end strategy houses will pay the most (as they always do) but you’ll work 70-80 hours a week so what’s the point of moving to Dubai if you’re not going to be able to experience it?

Packages at the best include housing allowance (not 100%), health, flights (usually 2 per year), sometimes car and sometimes school allowances. Expect relocation allowance and possibly a joining bonus, plus an annual bonus. Basic wage will be around the equivalent to what is paid in London.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum