Whay Some Pple Think That Locals Are Lazy Ppl???

Topic locked
Whay some pple think that locals are lazy ppl??? Jun 27, 2006
(For discussions)

GOOD MORNING MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

well im local guy and from what i see and hear about locals considering them as lazy and ignorant ppl..i wana know why they think that about them?

is it Jealousy.?
or cuz they envy them for being rich (not all locals are rich INDIAN R RICH PPL TOO)

well have a good day gentelmen

cheers

naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Most people's interactions with locals is limited to when you have to go to Etisalat, Post office or DEWA. Unfortunately, most public sector clerks in ALL countries are not known for their efficiency, wisdom or work-ethic.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
I work with an Emirati. He is one of the kindest, most decent people I know. I is hard working, eager, and wants to learn more and more.

You do have some Emaratis that give a perception of lazy and/or rude. But thats generally a cultural barrier people face. As an Arab, I have no problems with any locals.

At the end of the day, they are my brothers.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
I must say that on first impression many of the locals seem rude, unfreindly or arrogant but upon engaging them in conversation (through work or otherwise) my experiences have been pleasant so far.

Regarding rude, unfreindly and arrogant: no different than NYC and New Yorkers are good people.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
my experiance so far has been pretty positive...and i agree with the comments...most of them are really polite and helpful...now on the other hand...i havent been driving yet... :lol: :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 27, 2006
constantine wrote:my experiance so far has been pretty positive...and i agree with the comments...most of them are really polite and helpful...now on the other hand...i havent been driving yet... :lol: :lol:

heheeh funny
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Seriously generalisations and stereotypes are just racist. People differ-some nice some not. There is jealousy in every community you live in-best thing is to be happy with your lot.
I don't generally ask someone what nationality they are but the few nationals I have knowingly met have been extremely well spoken and obviously well educated.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 27, 2006
i agree to that,

there are a few people who are very well mannered and polite,nice company. on the other hand i have also seen a few people who are arrogant and like to remind u every now and then about them being local. but i wouldnt mind that, they mean no harm when they say that:). overall a nice experience till date.

and like const said even i havent been driving yet have booked my car and am waiting to get it :lol: :lol: .

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
no comment.....
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
As GAB says it's unfair to generalise. Plus you get good and bad people in every culture and country. The many nationals I've met so far have on the whole been very friendly and nice people. I've only ever come across a few who've been a bit offish but for the most part they're lovely people and many genuinely want to work hard and just get on with things. There are some who don't, but as I said you get that everywhere you go.

So far very positive experiences - apart from on the roads.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 29, 2006
not all off'em are the same im sure , cause like , my dad works with lots of locals (he also designed buildings for one of abu-dhabi's shieks )and like .. he say's he met a lot of very intellegent nationals and stuff .

on the other hand .. for some reason i get so mad at thier children at school (again not all of'em , just the ones i came across) they think that they own the front bus seats just because they are locals and it's "thier country" as they put it ,in class (and i think that's because they dont have to pay money for education , so "so what if i fail a year or two ?") it seems locals have the lowest grades (in all three classes of the 10th grade and also through all my previous school years it was the same) but i mean ,it dosent make those groups the worst people on earth , there are still homophobes ..
ive got a friend who's local and she sometimes surpasses me so ...you gotta choose who you wanna deal with .

but then again , our school has a really bad reputation (i mean .. there's this girl who threw cockrouches at a teacher) , so maybe it's just a dumpster where the worst are put together and noone represents where they come from .

OR , i probably got a prob myself lol.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 29, 2006
well.im my opinion..im half local n i think that i somtimes give the look that im very bossy and arrogant and rude.
but some ppl think that im a very kind and friendly person.

well it mostly depends on my situation mayb??..
i dont knw wht u guys think of me..
i knw for ONE!!..that HP!!..thinks im the most arrogant and hardheaded person in the world...mayb its beacuse..i am TO HIM!! :P

its 7 in the morning...if i have any spellin mistakes..please excuse me!!..i havent slept yet :P
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 29, 2006
yeah...locals do give a veryy bossy and arrogant look when they dont wanna do something ...like if u give them some work and they dont feel like doing...theyll stare at u...and that stare is like "u know who ure talking to ???" hahaha but one more thing ive noticed...if your polite to them and ask them to do somthin sweetly , theyll do it...no matter whatever u ask dem to do...
coolfocker
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 01, 2006
do u know that we make 7% of the totall population!!!
not everybody dress in kandoorah or Dishdash is national believe me, that 's for ladies too...
russians, morrocans,iraqies are wearing abayas ... god know who eles will start wearing it ...
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 01, 2006
saeedz28 wrote:
russians, morrocans,iraqies are wearing abayas ... god know who eles will start wearing it ...

Michael Jackson !!!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
com'n this was in the old good days when we could afford to be lazy, but now we do work hard....myself and a large group of my emarati friends study work and support our selves’...although some of us had daddy's money but chose to do it the hard way..and some couldn’t afford but to take it the hard way...

as for emarati being rude & arrogant....I’ve heard this several times i guess the problem is we don't smile enough....i promise I will :P :P :P ……………………people here find it hard to open up to strangers especially from different nationalities…and foreigner don’t even try..u have to gain our trust first.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2006
Im sure its nothing personal, i still wont spark up a conversation with a local women, more out of respect, and because i never really got over what i was warned about coming over here, and that was more on the line of, dont look directly at, dont talk and so on, or else you can get into alot of trouble, possible tossed out of the country, i personally would enjoy havin local women as friends, but i dont even know if its possible.
As for the men, not all people are crazy, my bosses are all locals guys, some of the nicest guys i have met, they consider me family, and treat me like family, there is the odd arab guy who seems crazy, but its not what he is, most opinions are built on something heard or witnesses, as i said, im sure these actions are nothing personal to anyone.
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
saeedz28 wrote:

Michael Jackson !!!!

wow bingo
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
I just realised i completely strayed from the point there, haha,
im not to good at these posts,
All this hard headedness stuff and arrogance is all fair play, it may or may not be what you think it is, my advice is be understanding, for example, you are a manager, you have a local guy working for you, and your company is in the uae, the local guy might not like being told to do something,
now, take the same arab guy, he is now your boss, your working for him, and your in your home country, your not gona like being told what to do by him either?
i lost my point again, but it opens ur eyes a bit, you just got to remember, this is their country, and it is starting to be over run by expacts, if i was an arab here i wouldnt be to happy either,
Im from New Zealand, and it is currently being over run by asian people (no offence to any one who might be one of them) when i was in new zealand, i hated asians, everywhere i went, they were there, it was like i was in asia, i honestly would not liked it at all if i got a job and one of them were my manager, i would refuse to do the work aswell, unless they showed me the same respect they would show their manager.
i hope someone saw a point there.
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
the only point i see is that you are racist and see the world in black and white.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
Then you got me wrong,
My point is, that it can be completely expected, there is nothing racist about it, new zealand became a tourist spot, and in come the asians taking the jobs, just because i used that as an example doesnt mean i am racist, if thats racist, then you shouldnt freaking be on this post,
the whole descussion is how people think locals or arabs are crazy... is that being racist, just fcuk off, i have had it with you freaking hypocryts
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
Adam wrote:Then you got me wrong,
My point is, that it can be completely expected, there is nothing racist about it, new zealand became a tourist spot, and in come the asians taking the jobs, just because i used that as an example doesnt mean i am racist, if thats racist, then you shouldnt f$#king be on this post,
the whole descussion is how people think locals or arabs are crazy... is that being racist, just f&%K off, i have had it with you f$#king hypocryts

dude, chill......why get upset at MaaaD? there is no point, he is bond to get mad sometimes
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
haha, yea i know, im a little on edge today, i mixture of tiredness and having a bad day at work, it sorta just come out.
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
Adam wrote:haha, yea i know, im a little on edge today, i mixture of tiredness and having a bad day at work, it sorta just come out.

yeah same here, i shouted at one of the people under me at the office, i just went and apologized to him right now ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
ouch, aahh, i hate those days, im just looking forward to the weekend, no, just for the next 2 1/2 hours to pass, then i can go relax, haha
wat did the guy in ur office do?
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
Adam each has there own opinion of what is racist and what is not. You seem to be okay with your "prejudice" .. thats fine by me.

Just an advice when you want to speak out your mind i advise you use an account that doesnt link you to where you work or whatever. Its better to keep your professional life away from your personal thoughts. Because i really hope that if some asians came to rent a property you wouldnt "hate it".

just my 2 fils.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
do i live in new zealand anymore? the answer is no, i used that as an example, i "used" to hate them, used is generally past tense, have you ever hated some1 before? or hated a type of people in general? im sure you have, the doesnt mean your racist, there must have been something that sparked that hate right? mine was the fact that the place was being over run with them, when you come to terms with that, the hate goes away. Hence, "used" to hate asians, i have several asian clients, good people, enough to change someones mind, if i was racist i wouldnt have given them a chance.
And second, i dont deal with rents, im in the sales department.
Adam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2006
i hate those god damn indians who dont know how to drive and almost kill me everytime i drive. i hate the god damn idiot who was driving in the left lane last night on szr and when i flashed him because i was going 200 decided to brake, the second time i flashed him he braked and put on his flashers. i hate the bloody morons who even gave those freaking idiots liscenses in the first place.........

does that make me a racist?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i hate those god damn indians ........

does that make me a racist?

yes it is, and to lump sump 1 billion people like that is ignorant too.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
but that is a fair call, she used only fact
Adam
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat