Dubai Stock Market Crash.

Topic locked
Dec 14, 2006
I can't believe how some people are so excited about Du believing that the prices will drop and that it will be a perfect competition... I mean, the only reason why I would think of applying there is because my phone number 'looks' better there with the 055 prefix, maybe would be able to sell it off at a good price (I hope)...

Perfect comp. my arse, where is the competition exactly when they use the same infrastructure more or less? Go through the same regulatory authorities? (For blocking sites and such)... Bull crap

The stock market is a joke here, although I have no clue about money and financial issues and stocks, but it's there for all to see... What used to piss me off before the first market crash was how everyone jumped on the bandwagon, people who put so much at stake and considered themselves 'real traders' thinking it was a proper market, I feel sorry for them for all the losses they made eventually, but even a monetary idiot like me has heard of something called diversifying risks!

Rant over

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
Okie u stockies have atleast something to cheer up..? there seems like a bit of light in the market..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 16, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Okie u stockies have atleast something to cheer up..? there seems like a bit of light in the market..

I hope that light stays light up. At the end of the session on Thursday (just before the market closed) the market erased all gains made in that day meaning that it wasn't able to hold the gains. People seem to rather want the cash over the shares. When my investment comes back to breaking even, I will get out of this market and put my money into the real-estate in Guangzhou, China. The market in China for real-estate is very strong now and with 1.6 Billion people in China there are many customers. Guangzhou also attracts foreign buyers as well but one knows that the local market is very strong. Dubai depends on foreign investors to buy whether it be stocks or real-estate. There are many people from Hong-Kong buying in Guangzhou area as well. Last year prices rose 20%. If you grab a local paper in Guangzhou, you won't find 50+ pages of places to rent or sell like you will in Dubai's Gulf News.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 16, 2006
Also consider indian market. if ur lookin at long term gains.. short terms.. u may just have to wait a bit more for some major corrections and then.. buy off n u'll surely have a good bull run. well my thoughts..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 16, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Also consider indian market. if ur lookin at long term gains.. short terms.. u may just have to wait a bit more for some major corrections and then.. buy off n u'll surely have a good bull run. well my thoughts..

Indian Market should be really good. Strong local support from the local economy. There are many locals there that have money.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat