BOYCOTT Danish Products On This List

Topic locked
BOYCOTT Danish Products on this list Jan 30, 2006
The dispute began when Jyllands-Posten last September published 12 caricatures of the prophet Mohammed, depicting him as a stereotypical Islamic terrorist.

Ten Muslim ambassadors wrote a joint letter to Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen asking him to take a stance on the issue, which he refused to do.

He said Denmark had a free and independent press and refused to intervene.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4656664.stm

A full List of Danish Products & Services Muslims should Boycott Worldwide, as a protest against the Danish Government:

Code: Select all
1   DENMARK II      Voice System
2   BANG & OLUFSEN      High-end Audio and Video Equipment
3   BROEN      Valves & Accessories
4   AUMA      Electronic Actuators
5   J.C HANSESEN'S METALVAREFBRIK      Valves & Accessories
6   AVK SCANWASS      Valves & Fittings
7   NILFISK ADVANCE       Vacuum Cleaners
8   FISKER & NEILSON      Vacuum Cleaners
9   POLYSHEET      Tarpaulin
10   LURPAK       Danish Butter
11   HASSELRIS      Telephone Equipment
12   DENMARK II      Telecommunication Equipment
13   DANCALL RADIO      Mobile/Protable radio phones
14   ASCOM NORDIC      Pay Phones
15   LOGISTRUP      Switch Boards, Motor Control Centres
16   MEARSK      Shipping Line
17   LAURITZEN      Shipping Line
18   GEAR BULK       Shipping Line
19   DZ SECURITY      Laser Engraved Cards
20   ERNITEC      lens
21   SCANFROST      Deep Freezers
22   SKANDILUX      Freezers & Bottle Coolers
23   WESTPOINT      Refridgerators and Freezers
24   YENMADE      Refridgerators and Deep Freezers
25   COOL PANEL      Cold Room, Refridgerators Trucks
26   DERBY      Deep Freezers
27   FRIGOREX      Freezers
28   GRAM      Refridgerators and Freezers
29   GRUNDFOS      Pumps and Pumping Systems
30   DANAGRAF      Cameras and film processors
31   LOGSTRUP      Switch boards, motor control centres
32   TARCO      Pre Insulated Pipe
33   LOGSTOR ROR      Pre Insulated Pipe
34   I.C.MOLLER      Pre Insulated Steel Pipes
35   DEKO      Partition Systems
36   DYRLUND SMITH AS      Office Chairs
37   NIKOMED      Electrodes
38   DAMECA      Anaesthesia Equipment
39   KC DENMARK      Measuring Equipment
40   HASSELRIIS      Telephone Test Equipment
41   DANFOSS      Flow Meters, unltra Sonic, mass, vortex
42   DANOTHERM      Test Equipment
43   SKANTI      Marine Radios
44   DANPORT      Marine/Port Expert consultancy
45   BROEN      Laboratory Fittings
46   FRIGOR      Freezers
47   JAMO      Speakers and speaker systems
48   JACUZZI      Whirlpools and Spas
49   LYSBRO      Garden Tools
50   UHT       Milk
51   FRIENDSHIP      Cheese
52   DANPO      Danish Chicken
53   DAT-SCHAUB      Processed meat, vegitables and Cakes
54   DELIGHT      Frozen meals/vegitables and French Fries
55   BISCA A/S      Biscuits
56   EMBORG      Frozen meat product, butter, cheese and vegitables
57   GW SPRINKLER      Sprikler System
58   BBB EBGG. SERVICES      Fir/Volume Control Dampers, access doors
59   HAVENECON      Fishing Port
60   ENGINE ENGG.      Specilised Gun Mounts
61   FILMTEC      Reverse Osmosis Membranes for desalination
62   PUCK      Cheese/Cream
63   DANO      Milk Powder
64   VEDBYSONDER MASKINFABRIK      Screening Plants
65   HMF       Truck mounted Cranes
66   OXFORD       Buiscits, Cookies
67   ROSE      Butter Cookies
68   ROYAL DANSK      Butter Cookies
69   ROYAL FAVORATES      Butter Cookies
70   STIMOROL      Chewing Gum
71   BLUE DANE      Butter Cookies
72   COPANHAGEN      Butter Cookies
73   RC INTL      Computer Products
74   DANFOSS      Drives, Compressors, Controls
75   STENHOJ      Car lift, Air Compressors
76   ASCOM NORDIC      Pay Phone
77   KLINETT      Cleaning Equipment and Material, High pressure water cleaners
78   NEDERMAN      Fume Extractor
79   DANOGIPS      Plaster Boards, Ceiling tiles & Systems
80   ROCKFON      Mineral fibre ceiling tiles and panels
81    JO JO AS      Extension Cords
82   SUNTOP      Tetrapack Juice
83   BEAR VERIMIXERS      Mixing Machines
84   WITCO/ALMIND      Garage Workshop Equipment
85   NILFISK-GERNI      A/S High Pressure Washer
86   JANY AUTOTEXTILE      seat Covers, Floor mats
87   SYSTEM CHECKER      Cheque writer/Amount Protector
88   KVERNELAND TAARUP A/S      Forage Harvestors, feeding Units
89   TDC      Telecommunications Services

calkoon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 30, 2006
I didn't see Danish Pastries on the list

:wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2006
and for the party animals here is a list of danish beer you should boytcott :P

http://home.datacomm.ch/fiulijn2/Denmar ... _beers.htm
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Maaad

Not the Beer

:P
arniegang

Jan 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:and for the party animals here is a list of danish beer you should boytcott :P

http://home.datacomm.ch/fiulijn2/Denmar ... _beers.htm

i never liked carlsberg anyway !!!! aslong as bud is in then its PAAAAARTY !!!!

yeah i do say these danish guys should pay !!!! boycot their fckn products untill they make that news paper pay !!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
Oh come on! Please get a life! If you did this for everything you didn't agree with in the press, you'd starve to death boycotting all the countries who printed stuff you didn't agree with.

That's why it's called 'Free Press!'

Plus if we boycotted everything Muslims did or produced because of the rubbish they spread on the tv, you'd be no where either.

Oh don't forget then you'd better stop buying records from all the top DJs in the world as they all happen to be Dutch!

According to 7Days today: Organisation of the Islamic Conference Secretary General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu said, 'It would ask the UN general assembly to pass a resolution banning attacks on religious beliefs.'

OK then, good so that'll stop the hate preachers across Europe also ranting and spouting their evil outside mosques will it? Very dangerous ground, if you're going to ask for this kind of stuff, then you have to be prepared to stick to it yourselves - what a hypocrit!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
nahhh Choco,
There is always a line in freedom. i can't say i'm free and post a naked photo of a woman here saying she is you, or even draw somthing mocking you and say it is freedom.

They crossed the line, they should pay.

I'm into the boycott, it really makes difference belive me, i've been working in a multinational company in Egypt when its products was being boycotted because America's support for Israel and this company was nearly closing, but time pass and people forget or just loose stamina.

Anyway, i'm in, only problem is with Lurpack butter, it is everywhere, but lets do it
yshimy

Jan 30, 2006
BOYCOTT...

TO HELL WITH THE DANES....

DOWN DOWN DENMARK....

Oh hey, HP lives in Denmark.... Hmmm, here's another chant:

KILL ALL PEOPLE IN DENMARK... :lol:

There goes HP.... Bye Bye HP :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Well I'm still going to eat my Danish pastries and listen to Tiesto!

But I'll boycott the Chinese because of their fur trade, the Canadians for the seal trade and the Japanese for their whaling! At least boycott something that makes sense. Doing it over a silly cartoon makes no sense to me and like I said if they're going to get arsey about that, then they also have to eat their words and stop their own things against the west and Christianity, what goes around comes around, you can't have double standards.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I'm still going to eat my Danish pastries and listen to Tiesto!

But I'll boycott the Chinese because of their fur trade, the Canadians for the seal trade and the Japanese for their whaling! At least boycott something that makes sense. Doing it over a silly cartoon makes no sense to me and like I said if they're going to get arsey about that, then they also have to eat their words and stop their own things against the west and Christianity, what goes around comes around, you can't have double standards.

DJ Tiesto is from Holland 8) :wink:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 30, 2006
Yes he is, that was my point! All the best DJs are Dutch.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
8) We just know how to party 8)

:P :twisted:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 30, 2006
yes boycotting danish Gov. makes a lot of sense because they hvae surpass the freedom of speach !!! what they did was publish a drawing of prophet Mohd. with turban and a bomb on top with a lighted fuse ... this is very racial and direct tasteless attack on a race and religion ... and jounalism doesnt teach that !!! specially critical topics like that ... if we let this happen it wouldnt be long how this sick piece of media format would plaque our media system ...

imagine CNN doing a anti Islam campaign and AL jazeerah doing an anti - Christian campaign ... it will be total chaos even in broadcasting i mean in phils (in my station)we do a "Howard Stern" format of broadcasting (FM) and trust me slagging is serious we get people calling us assholes and all but its all part of the show ... but even if we are doing this free kick ass hard talking broadcasting we are still bound by rules where we are not supposed to trigger topics of race, religion, third sex, etc basically its common Decency.... this is bad journalism !!! even freedon of speach has limmitation ...

like me when i was way out of line when i post your job description choco ... yet thats only your job description ... and you got upset supposed someone ridicule jesus in that way ... would you let it happen ??? cause i wont !!! adn niether would you i know .... those danes are fckin asking for this !!! we are not gonna starve to death ... UAE got lots of local poultry, beef and what ever products they have if not im sure there is alot of other alternative .... they should taste the bitterness of their own rudeness ...

you might be thinking im a christian but why does it bother me ??? it bothers me because it bothers my friends ... it bothers me becasue if things like this are encouraged ... i wouldnt be long before a ridicule retaliation will be done with jesus and i dont want that to happen .. becasue if that comes we cant take out the posibility of even friends would become enemy and looking at it in a larger scale it can bring WAR !!! and thast not what we need now ....

I SAY BOYCOTT DENMARK !!!

DONT GO!! & DONT BUY!!!!

untill they publicly apologize and close the newspaper !!! i mean have you read the article???? instead of being apologetic they are sti all high and mighty saying " they are practising freedon of speech, and WE shouldnt take so seriously ...." WELL GUY I SAY WE PRACTISE OUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND LETS CHOOSE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM DENMARK !!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yes he is, that was my point! All the best DJs are Dutch.

Sorry, you have no point there. We are talking about boycotting Danes not Dutch products at this time... So who cares about Tiesto and other Dutch DJs since they are not part of the boycott... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Liban wrote:

Sorry, you have no point there. We are talking about boycotting Danes not Dutch products at this time... So who cares about Tiesto and other Dutch DJs since they are not part of the boycott... :)

oh yeah good point i over looked that ... wait

i think its like this Netherlands === dutch

Denmark === danes / danish

but im not really sure .... i stand to be corrected ....
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
I've seen the cartoons; I was actually going to post them in Fight Club but decided against it.

I do believe everyone has the freedom to speak, in this case the artist clearly wanted to get a reaction and he did, the newspaper wanted to sell papers and they did, If people wish to ban a consumables from the originating country they will, this is everyone's right.

I personally did not appreciate seeing a picture of a Quran with a swastika on it, nor any depiction of any of the prophets whether it be Issa (Jesus) PBUH or Mohamed PBUH This is my right.

The only way to fight racism is through education, or alternatively as MAAD likes to say, just having everyone fcking the sh!t out of everyone else and within a couple generations we’ll all be brown :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 30, 2006
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:

***thick arabic accent*** You arrrrrre korrrrrrekt...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Liban wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:

wait ...

DJ Tiesto
Born: January 17, 1969 in Breda, The Netherlands
Years Active: 90 's, 00's

Biography:
Highly regarded by both DJ Magazine and ultra-loyal fans, DJ Tiësto, due in part to his legendary six-hour, energetic live sets, has been elevated to mythical status as one of the world's foremost trance DJs.

Paul Van Dyk
Born: December 16, 1971 in Eisenhüttenstadt, East Germany

Paul Van Dyk Biography:
From early Berlin techno and house through to progressive trance, producer/DJ Paul Van Dyk has soundtracked the German electronic dance scene ever since he moved to the city and began mixing in 1988.

i guess they are clearly not danes !!! thank god i still get to play some of their tracks !!!

i love google !!!! source http://www.starpulse.com

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
MP, Thanks for the DJ/Clubbing history info :D

Back to the topic.

MP, Well you don't have to worry about anyone attacking Jesus, because Christians for sure won't, Muslims won't also as we belive in Jesus, and Judists, well, they are too political to do that nowadays. Note: Check Passion of Christ.

Anyway MP

Still i do disagree with you, apology.... nah, i should boycott them till this country is down or suffer. Because if they did it now, it will not be because they belive what happened is wrong, but just to protect their economy. So, nothing will change.

Cheers mates.
yshimy

Jan 30, 2006
Right, I agree with yshimy, mAJOR pAIN

& I guess those who are against boycotting Danish products, are those who are not Muslims, therefore they do not understand the seriousness of this issue.

No one can BS as they want to by the name of 'freepress'

& choco, what did you mean by this
Plus if we boycotted everything Muslims did or produced because of the rubbish they spread on the tv, you'd be no where either
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I'm still going to eat my Danish pastries and listen to Tiesto!

THIS MAKES SENCE TO US! Its not a 'silly' cartoon. The whole world knows why we are against West particularly the US govt & its fellow UK, or Israelis... Muslims aren’t against Christianity... Islam does not teach us to criticize anyone's religion.
easternjewel

Jan 30, 2006
Well as long as Spinneys keep stocking Danish Bacon i will support the rest

:wink:
arniegang

Jan 30, 2006
Liban wrote:

MP - Tiesto Is Dutch - I bloody interviewed the guy so I would know, plus it's on his website!

Ah so we can all still go and buy their 'made in Denmark' CD's then?! Good oh! - DOH!!!!! Anyone see the hypocrisy here?

And as I said before, if you guys are taking this seriouls then go slap a gagging order on the hate preachers, shouting things against Christians and the west, or is it one rule for them and another for everyone else! - Be fair!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Right, I agree with yshimy, mAJOR pAIN

& I guess those who are against boycotting Danish products, are those who are not Muslims, therefore they do not understand the seriousness of this issue.

No one can BS as they want to by the name of 'freepress'

& choco, what did you mean by this
Plus if we boycotted everything Muslims did or produced because of the rubbish they spread on the tv, you'd be no where either

Just that I find it all really hypocritical, you don't jump up and down and complain about Muslim clerics spounting crap outside mosques or on the TV, showing pictures of hostages etc etc etc. But you whine about a little cartoon, and have you seen the extend of other caracatures against other people of all nationalities and religions? Chip on should, too sensitive, get a life - sorry but talk about over reaction and double standards!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
Boycotting is a peaceful protest, so you may relax... and enjoy your music.
unlike the west, all they know is 'we declare war'
some people here talk about animal rights, but are sightless towards religion, racism - human rights… hypocrisy, tell me about it
easternjewel

Jan 30, 2006
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:

wait ...

DJ Tiesto

Biography:
Highly regarded by both DJ Magazine and ultra-loyal fans, DJ Tiësto, due in part to his legendary six-hour, energetic live sets, has been elevated to mythical status as one of the world's foremost trance DJs.

Paul Van Dyk

Paul Van Dyk Biography:
From early Berlin techno and house through to progressive trance, producer/DJ Paul Van Dyk has soundtracked the German electronic dance scene ever since he moved to the city and began mixing in 1988.

i guess they are clearly not danes !!! thank god i still get to play some of their tracks !!!

Er MP, Breda is in Holland! The Netherlands is just another name for - you guessed it - Holland!

I was also talking about Armin Van Buerren and guys like that.

EJ, you are right but, the point I'm making is that if these guys insist on pushing this through, then they better be prepared for it to come back and bite them when some of their peeps do something like it - as is constant, but no-one ever does anything about that do they?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Liban wrote:

wait ...

DJ Tiesto

Biography:

Paul Van Dyk

Paul Van Dyk Biography:

Er MP, Breda is in Holland! The Netherlands is just another name for - you guessed it - Holland!

I was also talking about Armin Van Buerren and guys like that.

EJ, you are right but, the point I'm making is that if these guys insist on pushing this through, then they better be prepared for it to come back and bite them when some of their peeps do something like it - as is constant, but no-one ever does anything about that do they?

why are you so angry ??? im just posting what i know and what ive seen on the net ... sorry ... your really offensive you know that ... have you seen jewel's post ?? and you told me before that i should think before i send my post ???... but i gues you should do it to ... and girl calm down no one is fighting with you ... peace

ok i know it netherlands and they are dutch !!! but i believe we are dicussing DANISH from DENMARK ... like i sadi correct me if im wrong but they are 2 diff countries ... adn they are 2 diff. nationalities

hell they are even both in the world cup right? ... :wink: again im not fighting ... just merely stating facts that i know of ... and basically what me and liban are trying to say is that we believe that tiesto and dutch DJs shouldnt have been mentioned anyway??? because ... ahh.. er... THEY ARE NOT EVEN DANISH they are DUTCH. ah we are talking about DENMARK i believe .. but i may be wrong ... so if i am like i said i stand to be corrected adn i do handle correction quiet OK ... so pls there no need to get BP off the roof ... peace
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Boycotting is a peaceful protest, so you may relax... and enjoy your music.
unlike the west, all they know is 'we declare war'
some people here talk about animal rights, but are sightless towards religion, racism - human rights… hypocrisy, tell me about it

well said and direct to the point

well some people you dont really have to tell them what they are... you just have to listen to them ... then you know exactly who and what they are ...

and yes i would boycott denmark!! because what they did was totally inhumane and Blasphemous it striking low blow ... well even those terrorist who killed thousands of people didnt even try to do that with Jesus ... never !!! and I feel bad looking at my muslim friends ... because i know that they are deeply hurt with this ... i even find my self saying sorry ... i guess even if denmark apologize the scar would be there ..

so to all my fellow muslim forumer (even those who hate me & Hate me more hahaha)as a christian i feel obligated to apologise upon the doings of my felow christians . im really sorry i think what had been done was shamefull !!! and people who actually acknowledge this and became happy with these attack should be ashamed to because you rejoice using your muslim friends pain .(if you have muslim friends..)...if we only learn to respect other people's belief... the world would be diff.
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
yshimy wrote:MP, Thanks for the DJ/Clubbing history info :D

Back to the topic.

MP, Well you don't have to worry about anyone attacking Jesus, because Christians for sure won't, Muslims won't also as we belive in Jesus, and Judists, well, they are too political to do that nowadays. Note: Check Passion of Christ.

Anyway MP

Still i do disagree with you, apology.... nah, i should boycott them till this country is down or suffer. Because if they did it now, it will not be because they belive what happened is wrong, but just to protect their economy. So, nothing will change.

Cheers mates.

true apology wont heal this situation ... but we also have to think of the people and children who never intended this to happen ... all i say maybe just the right and just way of doing it ... we should boycott untill The Danish Gov. take a step to protect religion and if the newspaper companies where shut down adn stripped of its license to publish .. i believe that would be a JUST arrangement ... but i do understand how you feel .... mate

now this is totally off the topic but just to clear earlier confusion

but let me get this clear ... DENMARK and NEtherlands are two DIFF countries righ??

and

Danish AND Dutch ARE TWO DIFF nationality RIGHT??
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2006
but let me get this clear ... DENMARK and NEtherlands are two DIFF countries righ??
and

Danish AND Dutch ARE TWO DIFF nationality RIGHT??

Denmark is Scandinavian country ,in Scandinavian we have sweden ,Norway and Denmark. Denmark is next to Germany . Danish people are known as Danes. London is 80 minutes by air. population is 5.5 million .....i assume

1= Pakistani ...40,000
2= Arabic = 25,000
3= Turkish = 50 ot 60,000
4= Indian = 1000
5= Afghani = 15000

The url of news paper is
http://www.jp.dk/
you can see some text in arabic .....

Sitution is quite tense in Denmark and on their TV they are showing again and again that the people are burning the flag of Denmark .

News :

1= As the list of countries boycotting Arla grows, the dairy is forced to halt operations in Saudi Arabia

2= The EU warns Saudi Arabia not to give its official support to a boycott of Danish goods
(However, supporting Denmark too closely threatens involving the entire union in the Arabic boycott. Moreover, despite the Commission's support for Denmark in principle, many commissioners have expressed their disdain for the newspaper's cartoons, some of which featured Mohammed as a terrorist.)

This is HP , Dubaiforums news , Copenhagen ,Denmark
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat