What Is Bachelor Accommodation?

Topic locked
What is bachelor accommodation? Feb 28, 2006
Excuse my ignorance for asking but in looking for potential rental accommodation in Gulf News there is a section for bachelor accommodation. I have read in previous postings here that single young males might find it difficult to find a place because of their status. Is this correct?

Also, a number of listings are looking specifically for Muslim, non-cooking or Keralite people, which I am not. Is this a flexible requirement?

I am a non smoker and definitely will not be having wild parties nor a succession of women visiting me (sadly!) and can probably stretch to 6k dhms per month for a one bed apartment. Do I need to compromise what I am looking for, or increase my price?

Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 28, 2006
I’m not sure how much help I’ll be but I’ll take a stab at this, For the whole thing about bachelor accommodation, they aren’t so much looking at one single male moving into a place on his own, it is more the 5-6 or even up to 20 men sharing a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

6k/month or 72k/annum is a good amount, you should be able to get a very nice one bedroom in most areas for that if you are planning on living on your own.

For the whole non-cooking, Keralite, etc usually it is someone who is of that background who wishes to share accommodation with similar types of people, similar backgrounds, habits, etc… are you looking to be on your own or share?

If you do get a life and throw a wild party or 2 invite me 
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 28, 2006
Furnished 1-br apartment good location in Bur Dubai opposite Ramada hotel starting around mid-end March 06.

Central A/C (split bill), well furnished with high quality furniture, one car parking included. Cable TV (incl Fox sports - E-pehla), phone. Kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, microwave, washing machine, fridge etc. One full bath only. Good sized rooms, kitchen and bath slightly cosy. Apartment will be given in a livable condition, i.e. with bed sheets, cooking gas ready, water and other little things which will help you settle in

This is in a residential building. Rent AED5,500 per month. Central location with everything such as laundry, supermarket, shops, shopping mall etc in walking distance.

Water and electricity is NOT included and is as per usage (expect around 200-300 per month, if A/C is only on in the nights) and probably 500 if on most of the time. Deposit of AED2,000 also payable. Rent is payable 3 months in advance.

Minimum 3 months stay required. Only one single executive (who can appreciate that this is a family building) or a married couple or small family.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 28, 2006
If you want to spend 72K per annum, hook up with 2 mates and get a villa and a better lifestyle by the beach-have friends who have done this in the last couple of months in the UmmSequiem/Jumeirah area and found a nice place for just over 100k, 3 bedroom villa with garden-that works out pretty well. There are places you just have to look. Only prob. is probably the way payment is expected here- cheques in advance.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 28, 2006
AFG wrote:Rent AED5,500 per month. Central location with everything such as laundry, supermarket, shops, shopping mall etc in walking distance.

Did you just jack up your price because you saw his budget? This is part of the reason rates are so high here - greed!

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=33990#33990
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
Good eye XRW. AFG, you should be ashamed of yourself for jacking the price up like that. No one in their right mind would pay 5,500 for your room.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 01, 2006
just to play devils advocate, it seems that this 5500 is for the whole apartment, vs 3500 for a room in his other post.

btw, i gave shangrila a call: 140,000 Dirhams for 6 months for a furnished 2 bedroom! wtfffff
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2006
Actually terranova, dbxsoul (either search under my name or his in reference to that-I asked quite a few Q's some really stupid ones but he gave me great answers!! :lol: ) gave some good insight into apartments before we came-we ended up leaving separately (husband came and found a house and fitted it out before-I trailed) because our housing allowance had to be used for temporary accomodation which would have left us with SFA to find a house only after a couple of months!! :shock: Also if you do find a place quickly DON'T lease furniture like beds etc til your stuff arrives-we spent alot on leasing crap and we could have bought stuff second hand, or from IKEA, even from Marina (which is really nice stuff) and left it in the street outside once our stuff arrived and been better off!! No Kidding!!
Maybe you could bunk in with another person from work until you're settled??
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2006
thanks for the advice!

luckily, i have place to bum at my sister's apartment for the near future, but i need a place by the end of march or she'll kick me out :lol: i'm cramping her style!
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2006
terranova wrote:just to play devils advocate, it seems that this 5500 is for the whole apartment, vs 3500 for a room in his other post.

btw, i gave shangrila a call: 140,000 Dirhams for 6 months for a furnished 2 bedroom! wtfffff

Just to give you a real world example of ridicules rent increases 2 years ago a Shangrila furnished one bedroom was 60k/year. Gots to love DXB.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 02, 2006
So XR you got your reply....hopefully you will learn to be less judgemental in future. Thanks Terra.

The 1-br that is for 5,500, with furniture that we barely used, equipment, electronics, phone, cable...i am letting it out at cost!!!! Only letting it out because I need to keep the apartment for a family member who is stuck with having paid out a year's rent for a place in Sharjah.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2006
.........and Kanelli ....bad eye.... :cwm10:
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2006
AFG wrote:So XR you got your reply....hopefully you will learn to be less judgemental in future. Thanks Terra.

Wasn't trying to be judgemental, thats why I asked you a question.

Valid question, valid answer, case closed.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
......hmm and the greed comment? BTW I am just in a lousy mood...coz my car's in the garage..so I am having fun overreacting here.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2006
Matey, that was a generalized comment not a personal attack - I'll save those for that spamming cat.

Know how it feels, mine spends more time in the shop than on the road!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
spamming cat..........? Choco?
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2006
AFG wrote:spamming cat..........? Choco?

Hahaha... check Sniper's avatar matey.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai