'Christian Terrorists'

Topic locked
Re: 'Christian Terrorists' May 13, 2010
I forgot there was also ANOTHER unanswered question for our young american bible-basher, eh:

Still - All Mouth, No Trousers:

shafique wrote:I'll be happy to compare the counts of the 'Christian terrorists' such as the LRA against the counts of civilians killed by Muslim terrorists. I'll let you count the number of victims of Muslim terrorist attacks first though. My count can start with the 321 killed by the LRA in December.

But my question to you still remains:

shafique wrote:Which is a worse crime 'eh' - enslaving 32,000 virgins and slaughtering all the other non-virgins, or enslaving boys and girls (the former to be soldiers, the latter to be s.ex slaves) after slaughtering their families?

Are the 'Christian' LRA less cruel than the Israelites whose crimes you condone?

(This is over and above the elephant in the room which is in this thread:
philosophy-dubai/bible-and-science-defence-t40975.html#p330963
;) )

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Christian Terrorists' May 17, 2010
MOD UPDATE

Given that there is now a thread created by event horizon to list 'Islamic Terrorist' acts, I have had a major clean up of this thread.

All posts just listing attacks in Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan (and one in Phillipines) - and where there were no relevant comments other than a question whether these were carried out by Christians, have been deleted.

We are left with some actual discussions over topics such as whether the Lords Resistance Army of Uganda are Christian terrorists or not, and whether they are genocidal or just mass murderers; and a discussion over Hitler's German church. The original post contains references to Christian fundamentalist terrorists in the USA today.
/MOD update
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Christian Terrorists' May 21, 2010
Ok, whilst we wait for eh's response about the LRA terrorists, here's a couple of references to a bombing of mosque in eh's home country (USA):

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/05/terror ... -standard/

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/05/possi ... tigat.html

Both make the point I made in the opening post about the relative media coverages of attacks depending on the religion (and race?) of the one doing the attack.

A Muslim suspect wouldn’t even have to use the pipe bomb. A Muslim would simply have to post something on Revolution Muslim stating intent to do that, and it would be enough to create national hysteria. It is barely exaggeration to say that a Muslim would create national hysteria if he simply thought of doing that, let alone actually attempting it.

A Muslim would be on front page news for simply farting in the general direction of a synagogue or church.

:) funny, and makes the point quite well!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Christian Terrorists' May 28, 2010
Ok, on the basis that if a Muslim preacher had shot and killed police officers before being shot killed, there would be a good chance he would be called a terrorist.. I guess it should make sense to count these guys (who committed the killings a few days ago) in this thread:

Jerry Kane, a radical right-winger who belongs to the sovereign citizen movement gunned down two police officers and injured two others. Is this an instance of politics and race mixing with religion and ending in terrorism? Imagine if Kane had been a Muslim, this would be headline news across the nation, pundits and Islamophobes would be waying in on the “threat of homegrown terrorism” and we would all be frightened into hiding under our beds.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/05/west-m ... re-muslim/

and

Kane told New Mexico State Police that he was the pastor of the House of God's Prayer, which is the name of the controversial church in Ohio. The former pastor of the church, Harold Ray Redfeairn, became the leader of the Aryan Nation, and went to jail in 1993 for trying to kill a police officer. He was paroled in 1991 and died in 2003.

Ionescu tells myEyewitnessNews.com he fired off an e-mail to the West Memphis Police Department demanding compensation to pay for the funerals of Jerry and Joe Kane. Kane's common-law wife in Florida, Donna Lee Wray, also posted a request for donations on Kane's website.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/The-Truth-About-the-Accused-West-Memphis-Cop/srFckneRBEuc0AbwQbcMNg.cspx
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Christian Terrorists' May 28, 2010
[Mod - Moved to Islamic Terrorist Thread - in future will just delete such posts.]
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums