Who Can Beat This Record? Dubai Roads

Topic locked
Who can beat this record? Dubai roads Sep 12, 2006
Okay yesterday I took a personal day to do a bunch of errands, spent most of the day on our wonderful streets. I saw 4 accidents occur. 4 as they happened not just the aftermath, who can one up that?

I was shocked, I can only imagine what a taxi driver's record would be.

Oh and as the ultimate bonus as I was driving home on SZR, a car cut off a police man, the policeman lowered his window and started yelling at the guy :lol: , didn’t pull him over though.

I have a feeling somebody will top me which shows just how pathetic the roads really can be.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 12, 2006
*** Side note, none of the accidents were severe,

Also as a witness, what are the laws in Dubai? Are you required to stop?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 12, 2006
I've seen some pretty severe ones as they happened, even a guy being cleaned up by a car going about 200 clicks as he was trying to run across SZR - needless to say he didn't survive.

My record was 6 in the span of 4 hours on the road. 3 SZR, 2 Beach road and one just around the corner from my house when the signals were not working.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Just seen a cracking one out the office window. Behind the Fairmont on the back road a guy has gone over the pavement, crashed through the barrier and ended up on the wrong side of the road, involved another two cars as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
As you say Fayz, always someone to top, I just think the driving standard is so bad here, when will it end???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
throughout the course of a day:

in the morning on emirates road going to dubai two car accident right in front of the exit for dubai.

while taking the entrance for the trade center, the mini-bus that shuttles construction workers was flipped over.

during lunch-break going to deira taxi cab and another car in the middle of al-maktoum bridge.

leaving mamzar at around dinner time a sexy bmw :cry: was hit on the side by a toyata :evil: or whatever it was at the roundabout before shindagha tunnel.

while driving on jumeira beach road at around 8:30 9 i saw my cousin and as i was about to wave to her some kid riding a motorbike hit her car and completey damaged the entire left side of her car. (everyone was fine though)

and then! lol, on my way back on emirates road there was an accident at the ras al khor exit where a small hyundai was squeezed between two busses. everyone was all right though -- but it was a sight to see. there is no way you would believe that someone could walk away from that all right. thank god though they did.

so, that was one day for me...a couple of days ago actually.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
fayz wrote:*** Side note, none of the accidents were severe,

Also as a witness, what are the laws in Dubai? Are you required to stop?

Only if one of the injured is a blonde woman.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
hahahaha and mouth to mouth is required.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 12, 2006
i remember the last accident i had all these guys just ran up to me and kept asking me if i was ok and kept trying to calm me down. even after the cops had came the guys kept on comming and asking me if wanted anything. lol it was funny, because the cops just looked at me and said they have never seen so many guys so 'concerned' like this. :lol:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
bushra are you convincing us that you are ssooooo beautiful, pretty, and attractiveeee???
zam

Sep 12, 2006
zam wrote:bushra are you convincing us that you are ssooooo beautiful, pretty, and attractiveeee???

Not really,

She left out the fact that she lost her skirt and underwear in the accident :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
zam wrote:bushra are you convincing us that you are ssooooo beautiful, pretty, and attractiveeee???

sorry, i didnt mean to come off that way.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Not really,

She left out the fact that she lost her skirt and underwear in the accident :lol: :lol:

I've seen a few movies that started like that.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Well, in the past two days I have almost been in 4 accidents. Yesterday, three near-misses. One was my friend's fault because she didn't check her blind spot. The other two were other people driving badly. Today in the learner's car some truck almost hit me because he didn't check his blind spot.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 12, 2006
kanelli thats scary! :oops:

Im hesitate to tell this out loud as I believe I have a snake tounge and most of the things I say really happen what the heck, here it goes:

I can always picture the freezone van, w/c is our service in the morning will meet one accident exactly in the R/A from Al Dhaid road going to Sharjah Airport. There is two lane from Al Dhaid road merging into one which is a very accident prone area. Its like a final destination thingy...damn. :(

I hate it that there's so many bad drivers in the whole damn world(oops Im ranting..wait a minute Im a bad driver myself..nyahaha) :twisted:
zam

Sep 12, 2006
my work is only 7 mins from my apartment. I see one or 2 accidents almost everyday.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
You know something, I drive circa 270km's every day and have been for the past 8 weeks, and I think i have only seen 4 accidents the whole time! Truly amazing.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2006
That's because you are too busy flying past everyone at 150 kmph :lol: (Kidding!)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:That's because you are too busy flying past everyone at 150 kmph :lol: (Kidding!)

K,

I am glad you are joking about the 150, cos it is more like 180-190! hehehehehehehe
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2006
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 13, 2006
Last night opposite side of Burjuman, in front of Mashreq Bank I saw broken glasses,broken bumper and metals of different sort, the vehicle was no longer there. I hope no one was hurt.

Constructions all over Dubai is another factor in these accidents! :?
zam

Sep 13, 2006
zam wrote:Last night opposite side of Burjuman, in front of Mashreq Bank I saw broken glasses,broken bumper and metals of different sort, the vehicle was no longer there. I hope no one was hurt.

Constructions all over Dubai is another factor in these accidents! :?

nah i blame the heat and scantily dressed women for accidents
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
fayz wrote:hahahaha and mouth to mouth is required.

and loosen all restrictive clothing

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 13, 2006
check your mirrors K

:wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 13, 2006
bushra she is so popular

If i was in an accident peiople would come over to me to finish me off lol hahah
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat