Moving To FreeZone Before End Of Contract

Topic locked
Moving to FreeZone Before end of Contract Nov 26, 2008
i resigned with my current job in almost one year (11months) of my employment visa but i am already almost 2 years with them but since i got 6months ban from previous employer they applied late for my employment visa,im holding a limited contract then planning to shift into freezone. please advise, will i get a 1 year ban from immigration? if so can i still work in freezone.

MARILYN777
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 27, 2008
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30880

Okay, let me see if I got this straight.

You are on your second employer.

You have been working for the second employer for about two years, but only 11 months on their sponsorship because the ban you received from your previous employer. So you actually worked illegally for 1 year??

Breaking a limited contract will mean that you have to pay your employer the equivalent of 6 weeks salary!

Breaking a limited contract will mean that you are not entitle to any gratuity benefits!
Breaking a limited contract will mean that if you wanted to work in Dubai you would be banned for 6 months. The ban should be 6 months only. Your best option would be to try a Free Zone.

It is best to check with the particular Free Zone Authority Office of the FZ in which you want to go and work as their regulations differ, some (such as JAFZA) require a No Objection Certificate from your current employer as well.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai