Goa.

Topic locked
Goa. Sep 04, 2006
Sounds like an intersting place (indian/portuguese cultures) and not far from Dubai.

Anyone been there? What to do? Where to go? Etc.

Thanks.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Actually a few of us may be going for New Years there so I'd also love to know suggestions. I've never been to India but I'm pumped to go, would like to see a few parts of India in December if I can swing the time off of work.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 04, 2006
Goa :) one of the best places you can visit and NOV- DEC are great times, though u will have look up the bookings right now inorder to even step in a hotel in december towards new years. Its carnival time in Goa during that period so its really difficult.

Goa is all about beaches and lazing in the sun, gettin yourself pampered to the T.

Places to see

Beaches - Calangute, Baga, Anjuna ( famous for the flea market and Hippies :) yea u will still find them there.)
Churches
Museum

Theres a sunset cruise like the ones we have on creek if you want to try your hand at it :)

Visit Vasco to see the old portugese fort.

Moreover rather than places to see goa is all about beaches. Booze is absolutely cheap ( last time i went a bottle of beer(750 ml) costed me 1 dh 25 phils). The sea food is absolutely amazing so people who love fish will have a amazing time there.

Places to stay

would highly recommend Fort Aguada - Taj
The Leela Goa
Cidade De Goa

Last time i stayed at Cidade De goa with a friend for 4 nights 5 days , breakfast, lunch and dinner included, aong with the airfare from Mumbai it cost me around 3000 dh. ( it was a discounted package through a friend)

for hotel reservations go to google and type the names above to find availablity rightaway if you are trying for december. for Leela its not available coz even i was looking :).

By the way fayz i will be in India in december as well :)

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Thanks Jeevs
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
nice post J .... I also stayed at the Cidade De Goa when i was there its really nice. but nothign compared to the park hyatt or the radisson !!

Jeevs pretty much covered most of the things .. but i would like to mention Mambo's is an AWESOME pace to party till the early hours of the morning. Also supposedly Tito's is good but when i was there it was like 100 guys and two girls lol .. but Mambo's on the other hand was off the hook !!

Also i have to second Jeev's comment about seafood.. its sooo good and sooo cheap !!! I highly recommend Suzy Lobo's its on the beach excellent seafood and they even have a band .. the guy who plays the sax is awesome !!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
awesome, thank you J and Maaa, I'm loving this travel section.

J I'll pm you my dates and locations while in India once i know, hopefully we can meet up.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 04, 2006
second maad on Radisson, yea and forgot to metion one more thing- :lol: the rave parties :lol: how could i forget that, if you get a chance to get into one nothing like it.

If you want a even better experience you can rent bikes, pay for the petrol and move around goa, a wonderful experience.

sure fayz, lemme know, mes planning to go to jaipur and go to a friends palace converted to a hotel near Rananthambor tiger reserve, if possible to goa as well.

Cheers

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around