A Friend Who Turned Out To Be Homo

Topic locked
a friend who turned out to be homo Jun 02, 2006
there was this couple in the circle of friends. they were together for years and we all celebrated their birthdays around christmas time. so we were kinda getting ready that year too for the birthday party and christmas and everything. and this one was supposed to be a special one, because the guy wanted to pump the big question. he even bought the ring.
the thing is, she dumped him right before the marriage proposal. when asked for a reason, she was very evasive, she wouldn t say much. the only thing he could drag out of her, was that she had fallen for smone else.
shortly after, we started to suspect, that it was not a man, but a woman.
this was about 2 years ago. she never admitted to be with that other woman and from than on, she never came to our gatherings again.
as far as we know, they live together, they have been seen kisiing, so no doubt about the type of relation the have with each other.
the fact that she cut all ties with us, in my oppinion is both her and our fault.

from how i see, condamning homose.x.uals or shutting them out, or ignoring that they exist, is not and aswer. they r here, among us, like it or not. and what happened with this friend of ours, made it clear, that nobody is "at safe". i mean, ur own kid could be one of them. then what do u do? hang him?
so i wonder how many of u went through a similar situation? and it would be a nice surprize, if there would be smbody who actually experienced this "transformation" or just had to deal with being different in this way and making the family and friends accept it, and would have the courage to tell us about it.

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 02, 2006
OMG

this is heading for FC

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 02, 2006
Let me tell you something about these people. They have this disease and they wish they were normal like the rest of us. Its true because I have heard a gay person say this.

And not to sound like I am generalizing, but why is this seen largly amongst white people?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:OMG

this is heading for FC

its Gaybashing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 02, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Let me tell you something about these people. They have this disease and they wish they were normal like the rest of us. Its true because I have heard a gay person say this.

And not to sound like I am generalizing, but why is this seen largly amongst white people?

oh pls, i dont wanna make a race or religion issue out of this. homos.ex.uality doesn t give a shit about the colour of the skin. and id also not wanna talk about the "causes" of being gay. a friend of mine turned out to be one. a couple of years ago i went to work for this multi company, and i had to work with these kind of ppl, both men and women. and ive been approached on several occasion by women. i remember after the first time going home and watching myself in the mirror for quite some time, wondering why did she hit on me...it was a shock, because probably due to my ignorance,i figured they can recognise the ones like themselves only by looking at smbody. obviously not.
the society might repress them, but they r among us. and specially if u work and live in a big city, u hear, see and experience things whether u like it or not.

now if this thread is a good opportunity for anybody to badmouth them, just for being different, then im sorry for starting this post...
raidah

Jun 02, 2006
its a touchy subject here Raidah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 03, 2006
maybe. but its an everyday issue and by not talking about it or pretending it does not exist, we won t make it go away.

and i like touchy subjects :wink: . they bring out of ppl what and how they really r.
raidah

Jun 03, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Let me tell you something about these people. They have this disease and they wish they were normal like the rest of us. Its true because I have heard a gay person say this.

these ppl r not ill, homoS>E>Xuals don't wish to be straight...many of them r disgusted only by the thought of being "normal"...
and for sure is not only among the "white".
and in the end it's an intimate thing, a personal option and no matter how many ppl hate them they wont change.
i have nothing against them, if the society tolerates criminals, rapists etc than as long as they don't hurt anyone they should be tolerated also.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
Raidah,

You sound like someone who recently noticed the gay phenomenon. This isnt't something new and yes these people are living amongst us. So what? Its their own business what they do with their lives right?

This will only become a touchy subject once PARANOID sees this post. :lol:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 03, 2006
arniegang wrote:OMG

this is heading for FC

oh pls...there is already a thread in FC where some gentlemen fight over some other's gentleman AS$ to f%#$ and they respectfully call each other WH@RES and bi>t>C>HES....so why this would affect more than what is already there???
:shock:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Raidah,

You sound like someone who recently noticed the gay phenomenon. This isnt't something new and yes these people are living amongst us. So what? Its their own business what they do with their lives right?

i am sure that it will be heaven for PARANOID if she reads this...she will have another ocasion to upgrade us with whatever is new about it and tell us about some other gay that cut of his "jewel" :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
alexandra wrote:

i am sure that it will be heaven for PARANOID if she reads this...she will have another ocasion to upgrade us with whatever is new about it and tell us about some other gay that cut of his "jewel" :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMFAO!
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 03, 2006

which phrase of mine made u think that???
in ancient greece the only real and of value love was considered to be the one between men. so no, i have not noticed this phenomenon as u put it just recently.
i was only curious that in a world and in a community that is still pretty much reluctant in accepting them as they r, how will ppl react to an up front question. and yes, if there is smbody who in these conditions has the guts to affirm being one of them and talk about it as it really is, and not as of some perversity upon which the rest of us can gag.
raidah

Jun 03, 2006
and since Paranoid's name came up, no girl/boy, its not ur fantacies we wanna talk about, or how u would dream of growing an instrument
:P
raidah

Jun 03, 2006
raidah wrote:and since Paranoid's name came up, no girl/boy, its not ur fantacies we wanna talk about, or how u would dream of growing an instrument
:P

PARANOID is a girl tortured by hormones...otherwise why would she dream about growing an instrument??? :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
raidah wrote:

which phrase of mine made u think that???
in ancient greece the only real and of value love was considered to be the one between men. so no, i have not noticed this phenomenon as u put it just recently.
i was only curious that in a world and in a community that is still pretty much reluctant in accepting them as they r, how will ppl react to an up front question. and yes, if there is smbody who in these conditions has the guts to affirm being one of them and talk about it as it really is, and not as of some perversity upon which the rest of us can gag.

I think you have answered your own question. From what I understand on the story you wrote, it seemed that you were shocked to find out about your friend being gay. This is exactly how most people will react.

I think what you're really asking is to what extent will people tolerate this behavior.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 03, 2006
ur right, i was shocked. we all were, because nobody suspected anything, and not cos we ignored the existance of gays.
and also because if smbody knows practicly from childhood that he or she is homo, than that person has time and ways to overcome that fact of not being "normal". but if it hits u at maturity, than it must be a trauma.
raidah

Jun 03, 2006
these ppl r not ill, homoS>E>Xuals don't wish to be straight...many of them r disgusted only by the thought of being "normal"...

whao ..! couldnt say it better myself !

people should get real first then educate thier kids about the whole gay thing , or woman gay or whatever . gay bashers are , in my view, very ignorant backwarded hate spreading child mollesting religious-in-the-wrong-way hypocrites. but not child mollesters ,sorry :( .

like ..i talk to my friends (13-16 y/o) about the story line of the gay animes i watch and they start all the bashing ,of course i try to be the reasonable one but i end up acting like them , they have no idea that they'r spiting insults right in my face lol (and at times like these i wish i had a death note EDIT: not THAT kind , i meant the one with the hit list)

thier only debate is that it isnt natural (and ofcourse i take the chance to tell'em bout the gay flamingos and fireflies that were found) , or they stick religion into it . if anyone is so damn religous and god fearing they should keep it for themselves and at thier homes and not force thier beliefs onto others (i keep wondering whats so hard about doing just that??). but of course that will never happen.
i mean ..they dont have to hang an 18 years old and another 16 years old *hint* to tell people they hate gays .
so you hate gays , fine . like they'r the ones who'r in love with you or somethin .

and parents have a big ass role in educating thier kids .. i think .cause like .. everyone in school are homophobes . n' it sucks :shock: .
but no big deal , ive got my online friends om msn.(who may aswell be just a bunch of pedophiles.. you never know lol)

still why would people get so offended by gay drawings ? they aint even real . that shows how ignorant people are . it's like it's the way of the book or the highway .

heehee .. "the way of the book"

and btw , there's still hope for the penis growing thing , check what i found http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060523/hl ... icialpenis
"Success with randy, replicating rabbits suggests that an "artificial penis" made from a patient's own penile cells might someday help men challenged by tough-to-treat impotence.
ADVERTISEMENT

In the study, adult male rabbits with severely damaged penises received a graft of specially engineered penile tissue. The animals then re-grew full penises that functioned normally -- even to the point of successfully impregnating females."
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2006
A64Venice, you're attitude quite frankly is shocking and appalling. Being Gay is not a disease, you the one with the diseased mind for being so ignorant on the subject.

I have many gay friends and they've known they were gay since a very very young age. It's their personal choice and nothing more.

Being gay is hardly a new thing. Take the ancient Greek civilisation for example. The men and women were segragated until marriage and so many men had intimate relationships with each other, it's well documented.

So open your eyes a little bit and don't just see a gay, straight, white black, pink, green person. There is a human being in there!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 03, 2006
i don't really care what made homos go that way, or what was the reason behind the transformation, everyone is allowed to make his or her choices. so whether it's a disease or not, whether it's abnormal or not, it's really not my place to judge them. i have no objection against the idea of homo$exuality. but as much as i love seeing 2 chicks smooching each other i don't feel the same way looking at 2 guys going at it :pukeleft:
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2006
People Im not sure what century you are all living in? In a modern world being gay is just not an issue any more. Who cares what someones sexuality is ..... it doesnt make them a different breed of people like some of the posters on here seem to think.

And to all the gay bashers out there just remember statistically either one of your family members or closest friends are gay ..... so everytime you have something biggoted or hateful to say just think you could be talking about someone close to you.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 03, 2006
Great post ajb and totally on the button.

Moester, I hate that double standard bollocks! Typical guy attitude, oh it's ok for two girls to get it on (most males fantasy by the way) but can't stand the thought of two blokes.

Get over it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 03, 2006
There are already a few long threads on this subject.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 03, 2006
PARANOID wrote:

whao ..! couldnt say it better myself !

people should get real first then educate thier kids about the whole gay thing , or woman gay or whatever . gay bashers are , in my view, very ignorant backwarded hate spreading child mollesting religious-in-the-wrong-way hypocrites. but not child mollesters ,sorry :( .

like ..i talk to my friends (13-16 y/o) about the story line of the gay animes i watch and they start all the bashing ,of course i try to be the reasonable one but i end up acting like them , they have no idea that they'r spiting insults right in my face lol (and at times like these i wish i had a death note EDIT: not THAT kind , i meant the one with the hit list)

thier only debate is that it isnt natural (and ofcourse i take the chance to tell'em bout the gay flamingos and fireflies that were found) , or they stick religion into it . if anyone is so damn religous and god fearing they should keep it for themselves and at thier homes and not force thier beliefs onto others (i keep wondering whats so hard about doing just that??). but of course that will never happen.
i mean ..they dont have to hang an 18 years old and another 16 years old *hint* to tell people they hate gays .
so you hate gays , fine . like they'r the ones who'r in love with you or somethin .

and parents have a big a#s role in educating thier kids .. i think .cause like .. everyone in school are homophobes . n' it sucks :shock: .
but no big deal , ive got my online friends om msn.(who may aswell be just a bunch of pedophiles.. you never know lol)

still why would people get so offended by gay drawings ? they aint even real . that shows how ignorant people are . it's like it's the way of the book or the highway .

heehee .. "the way of the book"

and btw , there's still hope for the penis growing thing , check what i found http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060523/hl ... icialpenis
"Success with randy, replicating rabbits suggests that an "artificial penis" made from a patient's own penile cells might someday help men challenged by tough-to-treat impotence.
ADVERTISEMENT

In the study, adult male rabbits with severely damaged penises received a graft of specially engineered penile tissue. The animals then re-grew full penises that functioned normally -- even to the point of successfully impregnating females."

Paranoid...such a lovely expected surprise! how have u been lately? we were just talking about u!
now: about the rabbits with the damaged penises...keep in mind that before that graft the already HAD penises....so don't get to confident that one morning u will just wake up and u will have a penis grown between ur legs...
good to see u arround, u always bring up the nasty side of the s.e.xuallity! :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Great post ajb and totally on the button.

Moester, I hate that double standard bollocks! Typical guy attitude, oh it's ok for two girls to get it on (most males fantasy by the way) but can't stand the thought of two blokes.

Get over it.

i never said that 2 guys can't be together. and i already said it's their choice, what i said is it's disgusting from my point of view. and i didn't say that you should accept what i say, it's my opinion if you agree then good, if you don't well who really cares?
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2006
Moester wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Great post ajb and totally on the button.

Get over it.

i never said that 2 guys can't be together. and i already said it's their choice, what i said is it's disgusting from my point of view. and i didn't say that you should accept what i say, it's my opinion if you agree then good, if you don't well who really cares?

Moester .... so what you mean is your not a hater its just not your preference? ... if so then thats cool
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 03, 2006
ajb wrote:Moester .... so what you mean is your not a hater its just not your preference? ... if so then thats cool

that's exactly what i'm saying. i am not going to hate someone because of what he or she chose for himself or herself. it's their lives man, and they have the right and the freedom to do what makes them happy. and it is not my right to critisize or discriminate them for it.
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2006
gee you know , whoever said it isnt about being gay anymore is kinda right , cause it's more about gay marriage now .but thats on the other side of the world , so i think over here it's still about being gay .but noone talks about it (makes sence?)

now: about the rabbits with the damaged penises...keep in mind that before that graft the already HAD penises....so don't get to confident that one morning u will just wake up and u will have a penis grown between ur legs...
good to see u arround, u always bring up the nasty side of the s.e.xuallity!

i never read that part ! sheesh you mood breaker lol . n' hey it aint nasty just special ^____^
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2006
PARANOID wrote:gee you know , whoever said it isnt about being gay anymore is kinda right , cause it's more about gay marriage now .but thats on the other side of the world , so i think over here it's still about being gay .but noone talks about it (makes sence?)

good to see u arround, u always bring up the nasty side of the s.e.xuallity!

i never read that part ! sheesh you mood breaker lol . n' hey it aint nasty just special ^____^

i did not say u R nasty i saied u always bring up the nasty side of the s.e.xuallity with the controversial stuff u post! some i even find it funny and yes u r special; one of a kind PARANOID 8) :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

i can go on forever with this subject... Jun 29, 2006
This is a very sensitive subject you just approached Raidah…and it’s not going to end without all the homo bashing we’ll get or the protective comments from queers or people who think they’re queers.

In this community we live among…especially the local community, this very subject is a large taboo. Its well accepted in many other communities, who probably gave up at the idea of ‘straightening these people out’ and these are not my words, just some words from a so-called-friend who keeps bashing homo’s in my face! But in here, its a big No-No. I’m sorry you lost your friend in this way, but I think I can understand what she’s going through.

She thought by shutting out all the people she knew in her life, she can start this exciting stage of her life without any discrimination or prejudice, especially from close people to her. because hearing such things from a person you thought once as close is heart wrenching. I hope you try to approach her again and try to make her understand that whatever choices she takes in her life wont change the fact that you are friends. If you did that, it’ll be the greatest thing you ever do for her. all we are looking for is acceptance. Nothing less, nothing more.

I hope this topic doesn’t insult anyone, and for all the homophobes, bigots, and so-called god devoted people out there who get offended by the very thought of homo,sexu,ality, please grow up. Don’t go bashing these people around. They are not ill, they’re different. And you never know, when you start all your ignorant insults for them, you might be insulting someone you actually care for.
brutal-romance
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance