Etisalate Internet Servise

Topic locked
Etisalate Internet Servise Jan 07, 2006
well, i am customer care of one of the biggest online games provider in europe. users in uae always since 2 years ago had slowness but since a week ago it is almost impossible to llog to the game servers. etisalate keep insisting that everything is fine and the problem is with game servers while i have told them few times that i work for the company and it is one of the biggest ISPs in the word and they confirmed there is no problem from their side.

anyway etisalate internet service never been good. what i want to ask from IT companies or gammers is that do u experience in slowness in last few days for uploading ?
and do gammers have slownness ?

thanx.

alex123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 07, 2006
What game are you talking about?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Jan 07, 2006
Andyba wrote:What game are you talking about?

it seems most games in uae suffer from slowness, but the game i as a customer care of it talking is legend of mir.
www.legendofmir.net
www.gnonline.net .
under control of Game Network company.
alex123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 15, 2006
Itisalat is the best n have the most affordable prices n advanced teck in the whooooooooooooooooole world

god bless the county n its ppl
AD__REP
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 15, 2006
AD__REP wrote:Itisalat is the best n have the most affordable prices n advanced teck in the whooooooooooooooooole world

god bless the county n its ppl

I take it you work for Etisalat then? Er please be careful about making false statements, none of what you have said is true - they're terrible, slow, expensive!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
Chocco, I think there was a heavy dose of sarcasm in there somewhere...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
"they're terrible, slow, expensive!"

relax i dont work 4 etisalat n i'm jobless till now.

i've lived in some westrean countries n beleive me the prices of thier high speed or mobile services r 10 times more expensive then the national etisalat company,

they even charge u 4 incomin calls n incomin msg can u believe that, so wether ur usin their services or not ur still payin.

Gob bless etisalat, the country n its ppl :x :? 8) :P
AD__REP
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
My apologies Choccos, since he's clarified there was no sarcasm... he's just bloody batty.

Ad, we're talking internet services here, don't stray/confuse with mobile services. In terms of internet, Etisalat is all those worse things and more - what else could you expect from a monopoly service provider.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
AD__REP wrote:"they're terrible, slow, expensive!"

i've lived in some westrean countries n beleive me the prices of thier high speed or mobile services r 10 times more expensive then the national etisalat company,

they even charge u 4 incomin calls n incomin msg can u believe that, so wether ur usin their services or not ur still payin.

Yes, god bless the UAE and its warm and welcoming people....

As for Etisalat. Hein... Its OK I guess, but as a monopoly I cannot say "God bless it" :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 17, 2006
being a monopolist provider its not the end of the world.

i'v lived in states n AT&T internt high speed is " 65$" plus tax n its not unlimited, u've certain hrs as a package n if any wrong goes wrong with the connection or adapter etc, they';; screw u over with a new contract n extra fees, same in CAN n UK

ETISALAT , u pay 200 DHS/ month unlimited n they've a promotion every single month, cant complain more then this, n they fix everything at teh same day n not more then 5 to 10 DHS

i know wat i'm talkin about n know some ppl in thier MRK Deparmten etc,

they'll b deveopin new advaced fast network n its will b the fastest connection ever made" 7 star internt" lol

God bless Itisalat n The country

the best in the region assia europe n Whhhhhhhhole world.

"ask an expert not a doctor" did i say that right does it make sence :roll: :P
AD__REP
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 18, 2006
Really?! Well I've never got anything bloody well fixed the same day, nor infact the same week!!!! Some people wait weeks or months for connections, they charge for everything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2006
AD: seriously dude, u must be on crack cause u're talking utter crap.

"Puff, puff give, nigga"
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Really?! Well I've never got anything bloody well fixed the same day, nor infact the same week!!!! Some people wait weeks or months for connections, they charge for everything.

I dunno about you or the people that you know, but I get next day service... Helps I speak in Arabic... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
Only reason I get prompt service is cause my roomate works for the service provider to my building. Previous to this service was not a comprehensible word.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
I don't know if i win a prize for longest wait but I had to wait 72 days for my internet connection.

Well the connection came next day but the guy said they "ran out of modems" so he just installed the line, they always said in a polite voice we're scheduled to get them the next day, which just happened to be 72.

This was about 18 months ago and Cable modems were still new so heading down to Computer Street wasn't too helpful either, it was very frustrating. Since I’ve had it though, touch wood only 2 problems with streaming television other than that it has been flawless.

Etisalat is not known for its customer service,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 15, 2006
well iam new in this site...but i want to tell u something etisalat is the worst company ever...really they r expensive and they would let u die on the phone before they answer ur call and about the internet slowness its true...i used to play a game called rose-online and i remember that the game always lagged cuz the connection is lost and all of that becuz of etisalat...

and before 1 week i broke my internet modem :D ...then i called etisalat and i had to wait for 5day so they can come to the house and fix it...but when they arrived they told me that i have to buy a new modem from 240dh and when i went to ajman etisalat they told me they dont have the modem( ajman etisalat is about 30floor building and they dont have a modem inside there yeah what a service to offer for the customers) then i had to got to sharjah to get.... and thanx god the driver went to get not me cuz i dont like to wait in lines for more then 30min just to get a small piece of paper then to go to another line and wait for 20min to pay then to go and wait for another 20min to get the modem....

at last really really etisalat sucks.... :twisted:
THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

hmmmmm Mar 24, 2006
ok, lets just say that we blacklist etisalat...we listen to you and we dont subscribe to etisalat...lets just say that all of us got pretty pissed off at them coz we all play rose-online...so we boycott them...but wait...theres no other internet service provider!!! WTF!!!!

dude, wake up...they have a monolopy going, unless you open your own ISP and provide all the infrastucture to provide all of us with outstanding before and after sales, customer service and internet...OVERNIGHT, we'll transfer to your company...thats all we could do..princess about it...thats it...you could have went to an electronics company and got yourself another modem...works the same way, cheaper and..you wouldnt have to have spilled yoru guts out on something that anyone of us can do anyway. :) but yea...it was fun reading your rant. hehehehehehhe :lol:
Kitster
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

This Sux Big Time Nov 20, 2006
First of all...
I applied for DSL 512k connection and took me 1 whole month to setup and installation... anyways, using 512k, I ain't satisfied with the services etisalat provides... it's like... my friend has a 1mb connection and I have a 512k... I noticed, there isn't a big difference between them... my average download rate is 35k... although it should be around 50k to 60k...

I called etisalat and asked them to have this fixed... they came and checked it, but it's still the same... I get slow download rates.

Etisalat sucks big time...

I have a friend in UK, who has a 1mb connection there... he says, his average download rate is 300k to 340k... that's what I call DSL! But here, Etisalat provides 80k to 120k on a 1mb connection... see the difference?
aquarian
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 21, 2006

i think you lived in a country which was only located in continent Europe., where they were more greedy than here, So can imagine that you are feeling good. BUT fact is all developled countries in Europe have much better and Good service than this crap. You need examples
Sweden 2 MB 200 SEK per month which is equal to 100 Dhs, UK Phone plus broadband cost you 25 Pounds in Luton 175 dhs, Denmark 100 DKK broad band and Cable 60 Dhs
so i hope you can compare now
I have been to all these places and have used internet, speed is better there mate!
nasirgilani
Dubai Forum User

Nov 22, 2006
nasirgilani wrote:

i think you lived in a country which was only located in continent Europe., where they were more greedy than here, So can imagine that you are feeling good. BUT fact is all developled countries in Europe have much better and Good service than this crap. You need examples
Sweden 2 MB 200 SEK per month which is equal to 100 Dhs, UK Phone plus broadband cost you 25 Pounds in Luton 175 dhs, Denmark 100 DKK broad band and Cable 60 Dhs
I have been to all these places and have used internet, speed is better there mate!

Exactly. For the prices charged for 512k here, the Brits and the Americans get 2MB!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 22, 2006
gtmash wrote:
nasirgilani wrote:

Exactly. For the prices charged for 512k here, the Brits and the Americans get 2MB!

You should be on DIC, now that is nonesnse, when it comes to download speeds
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:You should be on DIC, now that is nonesnse, when it comes to download speeds

Ditto to that S&O.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2006
I finally got a 1mb connection a week ago - I am not sure what the contention rate might be as I live in ten floor residence, but this is really, really poor.

First point:

DNS - why so long to resolve? - they really need to and beef up their DNS farm. I am considering running my own local cache to see if helps speed things up.

Second Point:

Bandwidth - oh dear this is really bad.

When i try to listen to internet radio I get about 3 second blast and then it cuts out trying to buffer.

Downloads - 20 to 30k - I just left a 1mb connection behind in the UK. It was a quarter of the cost and would get me 300-400 k.

Dubai is a great country, worlds highest hotels etc - but the technology sucks big time and i have yet to get a cell phone yet ;)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 14, 2006

is this a way to get them to give you a job??? :twisted:
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list