Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated In Dubai'

Topic locked
Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 04, 2010
Bora Bora wrote: This is a forum for English speaking expat community in Dubai to talk about things in general, not a debate forum over Israel

I agree. Your argument is really with Shafique (the mod), who opens thread after thread about Israel. Just have a look at the politics forum.

Bora Bora wrote: which you always manage to bring into a thread one way or the other, however subtle it may be.

Again, that must be Shafique. I donot bring Israel into any thread that is not about Israel. My posts about Israel are reactions to threads already opened about Israel.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 05, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
shafique wrote:
That said FD does mostly stop short of repeating the Israeli canard that criticism of Israel is proof of anti-semitism.

Shafique

If this is true, than I'm wrong in supporting him. I don't like hypocrites.

Continue. 8)

If you had looked at his post history RobbyG you would have picked that up rather than jumping in to defend him as you did with me.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote: This is a forum for English speaking expat community in Dubai to talk about things in general, not a debate forum over Israel

I agree. Your argument is really with Shafique (the mod), who opens thread after thread about Israel. Just have a look at the politics forum.

Bora Bora wrote: which you always manage to bring into a thread one way or the other, however subtle it may be.

Again, that must be Shafique. I donot bring Israel into any thread that is not about Israel. My posts about Israel are reactions to threads already opened about Israel.

Ahh, evasive as ever. You pull quotes apart and then respond, which response goes into a totally different direction. I'm beginning to think you have a comprehension problem. As I said you don't bring Israel into threads DIRECTLY, it is very subtle. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can clearly see where you stand FD, so stand up and stop denying your alligence - and hate. You may get a bit of respect if you did.

As for Shafique, your intellect could fit in a thimble compared to his. What you know (or think you know) pales next to Shafique. And as you pointed out - Shafique does post on the politics forum as well as religion, where he seems to be very knowledgeable, something you aren't. At least when he makes a point it's not defensive, but shows thought and intelligence, something you don't do - you just, rant!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
shafique wrote:
That said FD does mostly stop short of repeating the Israeli canard that criticism of Israel is proof of anti-semitism.

Shafique

If this is true, than I'm wrong in supporting him. I don't like hypocrites.

Continue. 8)

If you had looked at his post history RobbyG you would have picked that up rather than jumping in to defend him as you did with me.

You misunderstood. He made some good points against you luv.

Its just that I didn't look at his history (no intentions) and want to make clear that if it is true what Shafique says, than I don't want to support individuals who think that critique against Isreal is anti-semetic, per definition.

Hope that clear my stand.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

More information about the increased intelligence in the region. I've underlined the parts that are quite alarming. Also Israeli intellgence in headquarters of Turkish military premises off-limits to Turkish government reeks towards involvement of NATO.

Sound like a war preparation is underway. Sell the stocks, dump your bonds... everybody buy canned-food, bottled water and go underground... :wink:

Secret CIA-Mossad meeting, preparation for new war?
A secret meeting between the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Leon Panetta and Israeli officials has reportedly centered on Iran's nuclear program.

In a secret flying visit to Israel on Thursday, the head of the CIA reportedly discussed Iran's nuclear issue in a sit-down with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Mossad Chief Meir Dagan.

The trip, which was originally scheduled to take place in May, follows a recent wave of developments in the Middle East that strongly imply preparations for a possible new military conflict in the region.

Israel has allegedly increased the scope of its undercover operations in the region, particularly against Lebanon, Iran, Syria and the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas.

To add to the controversy, sources in Turkey's ruling party told Russia's Mignews on Saturday that Israeli spy agents ran an advanced electronic monitoring station from the Ankara military headquarters to keep tabs on communication networks in Iran and Syria.

According to the sources who were speaking on condition of anonymity, the Signals Intelligence station was solely managed by Israeli intelligence personnel and had become off-limits for members of the Turkish government.

On Saturday, US presidential aid James Jones rejected prospects of an Israeli attack against Iran.

Although US officials normally deny having any plans to stage new war in the region, there have recently been strong hints to the contrary.

The New York Times reported Saturday that Washington will further increase its military presence in the Persian Gulf — allegedly to soup up its defense against possible Iranian missile attacks.

Meanwhile, US President Barack Obama has approved the deployment of new combat equipments, including advanced missile systems and special warships, to the region.
RobbyG

Bora Bora wrote:Ahh, evasive as ever. You pull quotes apart and then respond, which response goes into a totally different direction. I'm beginning to think you have a comprehension problem. As I said you don't bring Israel into threads DIRECTLY, it is very subtle. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can clearly see where you stand FD, so stand up and stop denying your alligence - and hate. You may get a bit of respect if you did.

As for Shafique, your intellect could fit in a thimble compared to his. What you know (or think you know) pales next to Shafique. And as you pointed out - Shafique does post on the politics forum as well as religion, where he seems to be very knowledgeable, something you aren't. At least when he makes a point it's not defensive, but shows thought and intelligence, something you don't do - you just, rant!

Please open another thread when you want to discuss my presence at this forum or Shafiques intellect. Right now you are hijacking the thread with continuous unrelated personal attacks without dealing with the subject of the thread, it is extremely bad netiquette.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Ahh, evasive as ever. You pull quotes apart and then respond, which response goes into a totally different direction. I'm beginning to think you have a comprehension problem. As I said you don't bring Israel into threads DIRECTLY, it is very subtle. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can clearly see where you stand FD, so stand up and stop denying your alligence - and hate. You may get a bit of respect if you did.

Please open another thread when you want to discuss my presence at this forum or Shafiques intellect. Right now you are hijacking the thread with continuous unrelated personal attacks without dealing with the subject of the thread, it is extremely bad netiquette.

You opened the door when you mentioned "Hitler". Now who is dictating as to what one should do? And you bringing Israel into a post/thread every chance (again, subtle as it may be) you get isn't bad netiquette? As far as discussing your presence at this forum - you really aren't interesting enough to discuss. We are aware of your limitations as you have so demonstrated. :albino:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:As far as discussing your presence at this forum - you really aren't interesting enough to discuss.

Your recent posts in this thread indicate the opposite. You act like an obessive stalker.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Perhaps Bora Bora can explain how the average Emirati reacts whenever an article critical of Dubai is posted or the Muslim members who pile into a thread, mouths foaming and claws extended, whenever the official talking points of 'Islam is peace' is not rigorously adhered to by a non-Muslim poster?

Oh, and forget about any criticism of the prophet Muhammad - the Arab prophet who took a nine year old little girl as his 29th wife.
event horizon

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:As far as discussing your presence at this forum - you really aren't interesting enough to discuss.

Your recent posts in this thread indicate the opposite. You act like an obessive stalker.

Don't flatter yourself FD. Actually, the same could be said about you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

event horizon wrote:Perhaps Bora Bora can explain how the average Emirati reacts whenever an article critical of Dubai is posted or the Muslim members who pile into a thread, mouths foaming and claws extended, whenever the official talking points of 'Islam is peace' is not rigorously adhered to by a non-Muslim poster?

Oh, and forget about any criticism of the prophet Muhammad - the Arab prophet who took a nine year old little girl as his 29th wife.

And the original sh*t stirrer appears. No surprise there. I'm sure you were looking for a reaction, but there is none.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 07, 2010
Flying Dutchman wrote:
dee7o wrote:First it was 350,000 Jews, then it was six million. And now after milking a genuine tragedy an Israeli government is the main suspect for forging history. :drunken: :roll:

What has that have to do with the thread? On one hand you guys argue that there is too much attention to the holocaust, while on the other you bring it up wherever you can showing some weird kind of fetishism. Better go to Stormfront where you can join ranks with the nazi holocaust deniers.

It has to do with showing you how fascinating the logic you use to type your posts is.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Flying Dutchman wrote:

YOU are talking about hijacking?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Now the UAE wants to issue an international arrest warrant against Benjamin Nethanyahu. (7DAYS today). :lol: :lol: A new ticket on Interpol? :lol: there is a lot of fun in the news from Dubai lately.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

dee7o wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

YOU are talking about hijacking?

Dee7o, he's just looking for the spotlight to be on him - seeking attention.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 09, 2010
More info about increased intelligence in the region following Hamas leader assasination and Iran threat.

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran is set to deliver a "punch" that will stun world powers during this week's 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.
"The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

The secret transfer of the mobile surface-to-surface Syrian-made Fateh-110 (range 250km) missile to Hizballah sparked the prediction Friday, Feb. 5 from an unnamed US official that cross-border arms smuggling from Syria into Lebanon outside state control was "very dangerous" and "paved the way to war similar to Israel-Hizballah conflict of 2006.

http://www.debka.com/article/8591/#8591

Iran Reports Naval Buildup In Gulf [January 30] (original publishing website is now out of service)

US raises stakes on Iran by sending in ships and missiles [January 31]

‘Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11 [February 1]

Israeli Ships Cross Suez Canal [February 7]

Syria slips Hizballah Fateh-110 missiles able to destroy Israeli cities [February 7]

Iran anniversary ‘punch’ will stun West: Khamenei [February 8]

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/d ... n_02082010
RobbyG

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 11, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:Here's an idea - blow Israel right off the face of the map. So many problems will be resolved.

LOL, what a lame attempt at appeasement. Who you trying to please BB?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

RobbyG wrote:BB, where do you get all that stuff?

The guy made a sarcastic remark about population growth in Gaza vs Auswitz. He was alluding a reaction from you. Then entire reasoning you show is just too sick for words.

You portray this guy as if he's a muslim hater. Why would you do that? Whats wrong with you?

Get real.

It's possible that someone else knows her alias on Dubai Forums, so she's just tryong to sound "Right". I frankly doubt she means half the things she's posted on this thread.

After all she has been extremely forthright on these forums on a whole host of issues, so it seems like she's just balancing things out :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora Bora wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Here's an idea - blow Israel right off the face of the map. So many problems will be resolved.

Hitler is reincarnated it seems.

Israel took pages from Hitler's history, and turned them onto the Palestinians, although on a much lesser scale, but nevertheless the same. Killing women and children, as were Israel's targets in the last big blowup, was genocide. No women equates to no procreation, no children, no future. What they are doing in Palestine is no different than what Hitler did to them. Approximately 1,400 Palestinian women and children were killed and the world goes into a deep spin because what, 11 Israelis were killed. Israel doesn't want peace with the Palestinians, they want to eliminate Palestinians. How does Israel ever expect to live in "peace" as long as they are not willing to share peace? That little country wants to control the region and without the US backing they would never have gotten as far as they have. I could only wish that one day the US will take a stand and tell Israel that they are on their own.

I will never understand why the life of one dead Israeli has more valuable than that of 100 dead Palestinians. Double standards Dutchboy.

You can start by not believing everything you read in a not so free press!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 13, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote:

LOL, what a lame attempt at appeasement. Who you trying to please BB?

MCL, you know me better. Not looking to appease and there isn't anyone here I look to "please". Israel has been a sore point in the region ever since it was established, which was not that long ago.

My statement was meant that if Israel as a state was removed from the region, then many problems would be resolved. Blow it off the map, move it - same thing. Last in, first out. Hell, it's not like it's been around forever!!! There were no problems in the region before Israel was "established". Maybe Israel needs to find an island to set up shop somewhere where they can rule and control, where there are no borders and won't be surrounded by their "enemies".

I can't get my head around Israel's need to dominate a region through war and hate, rather than live in peace. They have never even tried living in peace because they are so focused on taking over land that is not theirs and controlling people that they feel are on what they believe to be their land. Israel wants to be acknowledged and recognized by the Arab countries. Well they are - recognized for what they are doing, not it's existence as a state. And as long as they continue on the path they have choosen that's the way it will remain. Israel by itself wants Arab countries to bend to it's demands. It's Israel alone against all the Arab countries. Just where do you think Israel would be without the support of the US?? By virtue of the support they receive from the US, which plays both sides of the coin, Israel will continue to be relentess in getting what it wants.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Last in, first out.

So Arabs should go leave Israel? You want to accomplish this on a voluntary basis or are you advocating ethnic cleansing?

Israel was established around 3000 years ago.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:

So Arabs should go leave Israel? You want to accomplish this on a voluntary basis or are you advocating ethnic cleansing?

Not exactly correct. Almost.

The religion of Judaism was established around 4000 years ago. Jews always resided among the major religions but after the anti-semitism of WWII they founded their own state of Israel on the land where the Jewish religion originated.

See this map: http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/history-of-religion.html

The UN vote of 1947:
As the partition vote in the UN approached, it became clear little hope existed for a political solution to a problem that transcended politics: the Arabs' unwillingness to accept a Jewish state in Palestine and the refusal of the Zionists to settle for anything less. The implacability of the Arabs was evident when Jewish Agency representatives David Horowitz and Abba Eban made a last-ditch effort to reach a compromise in a meeting with Arab League Secretary-General Azzam Pasha on September 16, 1947. Pasha told them bluntly:

The Arab world is not in a compromising mood. It's likely, Mr. Horowitz, that your plan is rational and logical, but the fate of nations is not decided by rational logic. Nations never concede; they fight. You won't get anything by peaceful means or compromise. You can, perhaps, get something, but only by the force of your arms. We shall try to defeat you. I am not sure we'll succeed, but we'll try. We were able to drive out the Crusaders, but on the other hand we lost Spain and Persia. It may be that we shall lose Palestine. But it's too late to talk of peaceful solutions.

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_indepe ... ection.php

And some find it strange that Israel does what its enemies told them in 1947 they would do...and still try to do... :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 14, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Kingdom of Israel

Historians date the kingdom from c. 1020 BC to c. 930 BC, though there are differences of opinion as to exact dates.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Kingdom of Israel

Historians date the kingdom from c. 1020 BC to c. 930 BC, though there are differences of opinion as to exact dates.

I missed that part of history. :P I only focussed on the 'State' of Israel.

My bad, you scored a point. :wink:
RobbyG

Just an interesting observation - FD has questioned whether Moses, in fact, existed. The scholars who question him as a historical figure argue that there is no archaeological evidence for his existence and that the only source of information about him is in the Bible.

It strikes me therefore that the same logic applies to the existence of a 'Kingdom of Israel' 3000 years ago (or is there some non-Biblical evidence for this?). The Kingdom of Judah was distinct (and the one which contained Jerusalem) - but they were established on land owned by other inhabitants, and were also superseded by other kingdoms who overthrew them. (So, logically, the Canaanites have more right to the land than those who ruled the land for a relatively brief period 3000 years ago)

Hey - don't get me wrong, I think that Moses did exist and that Israel was set up by him in a series of wars against the existing Canaanites inhabitants of the land. The land was, after all, called the land of Canaan according to the Bible and wasn't uninhabited.

By definition, the Canaanites were non-Judaic tribes (not descended from Jacob/Israel) - and owned the lands before the Israelites conquered the territory.

But I'm quite a simple person - I think it is a bit unfair to kick people off land they've inhabited for over 1000 years because a scripture says the land belongs to someone else. But that's just me. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Just an interesting observation - FD has questioned whether Moses, in fact, existed. The scholars who question him as a historical figure argue that there is no archaeological evidence for his existence and that the only source of information about him is in the Bible.

It strikes me therefore that the same logic applies to the existence of a 'Kingdom of Israel' 3000 years ago (or is there some non-Biblical evidence for this?)

Hey - don't get me wrong, I think that Moses did exist and that Israel was set up by him in a series of wars against the existing Canaanites inhabitants of the land. The land was, after all, called the land of Canaan according to the Bible and wasn't uninhabited.

By definition, the Canaanites were non-Judaic tribes (not descended from Jacob/Israel) - and owned the lands before the Israelites conquered the territory.

But I'm quite a simple person - I think it is a bit unfair to kick people off land they've inhabited for over 1000 years because a scripture says the land belongs to someone else. But that's just me. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

:D

First of all. Prophets don't exist and foremost God neither. So logically a fraudulant scripture can only provide for that unproven logic.

Also:

Does that include migrants who left for a world tour (lets say a few hundred years) and returned to reclaim their holy land after being haunted around the globe for some reason? :lol:

You're a smart fella. You'll get it. :wink:
RobbyG

I was going to add this to my post above:

I understood RobbyG's comment applied to the European Jews (askhenazi) who emigrated to Israel in the 20th century are the 'last ones in' - the Mizrahi (Eastern) Jews, don't count as they were already there.

;)

My argument is that if it's ok to invoke land rights because of some kingdom from 3000 years ago, the Ameri-Indians and Aborigines should all be allowed to reclaim Manhattan, Sydney etc - their ownership of their lands is far more recent and not based on scripture!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I was going to add this to my post above:

I understood RobbyG's comment applied to the European Jews (askhenazi) who emigrated to Israel in the 20th century are the 'last ones in' - the Mizrahi (Eastern) Jews, don't count as they were already there.

;)

My argument is that if it's ok to invoke land rights because of some kingdom from 3000 years ago, the Ameri-Indians and Aborigines should all be allowed to reclaim Manhattan, Sydney etc - their ownership of their lands is far more recent and not based on scripture!

Cheers,
Shafique

I fully agree.

So basically, thats the reason why they kill eachother. They don't respect eachothers property rights and have very shortsighted brains to come up with a diplomatic solution. Both sides ofcourse.

Ever heard of private property? Too bad sovereign nations like looting one another's... :D
RobbyG

I'm glad we agree.

It is about land - however to disguise this fact there is quite a strong disinformation campaign that tries to present the issue as a clash of religions.

Basic property rights - such as deeds of ownership - is a major sticking point for the Israelis. They, by hook-and-by-crook don't want to concede this point as they are s.hit-scared of allowing Palestinians to return to land they owned and can prove they owned. Hence why the myth of Arabs leaving voluntarily, or of Arab radio broadcasts telling people to leave arose. The historical facts now show that Arab Palestinians did not leave of their own accord nor were there broadcasts telling them to leave - they were refugees from warfare and were justifiably afraid that the fate of Deir Yassin etc would be meted out on them.

But that is history - the simple point of justice is that there is indeed a simple rule of law called property rights, and simple points of justice which say it is wrong to take land by force.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I'm glad we agree.

It is about land - however to disguise this fact there is quite a strong disinformation campaign that tries to present the issue as a clash of religions.

Although in essence true, you should definately not forget that religious ideology is the major driver for this conflict. If we were to exclude the ideology that is being used by intellectuals in both societies to gain support for the common cause, that would not address the problem of 'holy land' ownership.

Religion combined with law is also something very scary. Did I ever gave notice that I'm in favor of a secular society? :lol:

Anyway, its a private property mess. Normally such dispute would be settled in court of law, based on equal rights. So sad that religion turns reason and logic mindsets into ideological driven principles based on some medieval scripture/book.

The influence of intellectuals in society can be very dangerous. Hitler, although Atheist, made use of the same intellectuals to align the proletariat for his solution. It is the most dangerous 'threat' to even the most democratic societies of today. If you need an example, look at Global warming hoax.

Sure there is a rising temperature pattern. Sure you can prove it over the last 50 years. But interglacial cycles run for over 10.000 years, so what in the world are 'scientists' thinking? Its because the incentives of scientific succes and Nobel prizes are based on groundbreaking research that they pool into some belief that attract politicians. Again an intellectual (politicians, cartoonists, journalists, writers, academics etc) enters the game and politics see opportunites for more taxes and 'going green'. How convenient to appeal your electorate.

So the business community gets air of this and starts investing in 'green solutions'. Financial guru's come up with 'cap and trade', energy derivatives to earn money from this fraud. Politicians see even greater opportunity for more taxes and support the utopian solution of global warming in Copenhagen. And so it all ends in another milking of the taxpayer for the 'great good'.

I think its a bunch of puppet play. I see right through it nowadays. In fact, I vote against it and increase my own effort to be responsible for my direct environment by being energy efficient in nearly all of my uses of water, gasoline, etc. I sure don't need a politician to say what is right for me and when 90 percent of scientists are bullish on some matter, I invoke my scepticism and read into what the other 5 percent of scientists have to say about the global warming matter. Still are 30.000 of them.

Same goes with the Global Financial Crisis. Everybody who didn't see it coming are now opting for the solution. And the few people who REALLY did see it coming, people like Peter Schiff, Steve Keen, Nouriel Roubini and some others are denied again, because the economic school of thought, the ideology, is not widely accepted and tought for. Its growing now ofcourse.

People are blinded by intellectuals in society. Very scary and could bring us down some day. Just for your information. :wink:
RobbyG

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums