Sword Of Allah

Topic locked
Oct 29, 2009
Everyone knew Islam 'was' a violent religion - including Muslims themselves:

The Muslims raged against them. Khalid said, "Oh God, if you deliver their shoulders to us, I will obligate myself to You not to leave anyone of them whom we can overcome until I make their canal run with their blood." Then God defeated them for the Muslims and gave their shoulders to them. Khalid then commanded his herald to proclaim to the men, "Capture! Capture! Do not kill any except he who continues to resist." As a result, the cavalry brought prisoners in droves, driving them along. Khalid had detailed certain men to cut off their head in the canal. He did that to them for a day and a night. They pursued them the next day and the day after, until they reached al-Nahrayn and the like of that distance in every direction from Ullays. And Khalid cut off their heads.

Al-Qa'qa and others like him said to Khalid, "Even if you were to kill all the population of the earth, their blood would still not run....Therefore, send water over it, so that you may fulfill your oath." Khalid had blocked the water from the canal. Now Khalid brought the water back, so that it flowed with spilled blood. Owing to this, it has been called Blood Canal to this day.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 30, 2009
At least this time you didn't supply your interpretations of the selective quote - perhaps you're learning (given that the first time round you put your foot in your mouth by stating facts that exposed your ignorance on the subject).

As I keep repeating - your whole line of argument that Islam's early military conquests were characterised by massacres has been discredited by Hugh Kennedy in his book 'Great Arab Conquests' which you have and have quoted from.

The massacres that he says occured were not the norm, he concludes.

What is eminently instructive is that despite his conclusions, you insist on selecting the passages that detail these alleged massacres and present them as evidence that this was Islam's M.O. - therefore deliberately distorting the conclusions of actual military historians.

The fact you do this knowingly shows to me that your agenda is not to uncover the truth, but to justify your Islamophobia.

You even chose to selectively quote Kennedy when he describes the accounts of massacres, but choose to ignore his conclusions.

That, in itself, speaks volumes.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums