Purity Balls

Topic locked
Purity Balls Dec 02, 2006
Focus on the Family wrote:May I Have This Dance?

The fathers and daughters paired off as they entered the elegant ballroom of the five-star Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. The dads wore suits or tuxes, the young ladies beautiful ball gowns.

This was the fourth annual Father-Daughter Purity Ball, an event sponsored by Generations of Light Ministries last March. The ball featured an inspirational ballet by the Ballet Society of Colorado Springs, dinner accompanied by chamber music and ballroom dancing until midnight.

The 100 father-daughter guests — some dads brought more than one daughter, and some of the daughters were as young as 4 — came from around Colorado, and a few from as far away as Pennsylvania. The highlight of the evening was when the dads signed the Covenant of Purity and Protection, witnessed by their daughters. (See “The Pledge,” below.)

“This is not a debutante ball, but an elegant spiritual celebration that honors what God has created in fathers and daughters,” said Lisa Wilson, who with her husband, Randy, founded Generations of Light. (Randy is a Focus on the Family employee.) “We know that the covenants made that night will influence generations.”

Text of "Covenant of Purity and Protection"

I, (daughter’s name)’s father, choose before God to cover my daughter as her authority and protection in the area of purity. I will be pure in my own life as a man, husband and father. I will be a man of integrity and accountability as I lead, guide and pray over my daughter and as the high priest in my home. This covering will be used by God to influence generations to come.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/

Sounds creepy to me.

valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2006
Begs the question: what do the sons do?
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 04, 2006
Seems purity isn't deemed as important for the sons. :roll:

The stupid things people do in the name of religion...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums