Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated In Dubai'

Topic locked
Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Jan 29, 2010
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Jan 30, 2010
I have this weird feeling that something is brewing in the ME. I mean, seriously.

Recently we had the Iranian protests following the election, which I believe was an organic movement. Then we had several others revolts after that, with Iran telling that the CIA and the Israeli intelligence (Mossad) being involved. At least, thats what the reports said.

Now we have Dubai's (Amn Al Dawla) running behind the curve to capture the assassins that fled the country with European passports. Hamas seems sure, following the article, that its Isreali Mossad behind this event. Lets assume its possible following the seemingly sophisticated assasination in Dubai by electric shock on the head. Something surely is brewing there. Maybe its simple counterintelligence with a close encounter, but I'm not sure what to think of it.

Seems to me that the intelligence is quite active in the region. Yemen is also suddenly a hot distraction from Afghanistan/Pakistan.

Any thoughts?
RobbyG

Yes, something is definitively cooking there, however the UAE police is nowhere near to even get a glimpse of this kind of manipulation and intelligence undercover works, this is way beyond their league too busy they are trying to catch illegal kissing, drunks and blacking cleavages on magazines.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:Yes, something is definitively cooking there, however the UAE police is nowhere near to even get a glimpse of this kind of manipulation and intelligence undercover works, this is way beyond their league too busy they are trying to catch illegal kissing, drunks and blacking cleavages on magazines.

It's a real pity they didn't catch you :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

herve wrote:Yes, something is definitively cooking there, however the UAE police is nowhere near to even get a glimpse of this kind of manipulation and intelligence undercover works, this is way beyond their league too busy they are trying to catch illegal kissing, drunks and blacking cleavages on magazines.

lol :D

...bleaking cleavages on magazines... :mrgreen:
RobbyG

sage & onion wrote:

Yeah its a pity they won't shut you up for once. 8)

C'mon Dawla boys, block the Onion-IP for me. :twisted:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Yeah its a pity they won't shut you up for once. 8)

C'mon Dawla boys, block the Onion-IP for me. :twisted:

You wishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Jan 31, 2010
If the Mossad is "working" in the UAE, it is going to be like a walk in the parc, they litterally face no opposition, a 21st century secret service against a 7th century tribe enforcers.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:If the Mossad is "working" in the UAE, it is going to be like a walk in the parc, they litterally face no opposition, a 21st century secret service against a 7th century milicia.

What do you mean "IF" ? :P
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Lets not forget the assassination of the former Chechen General, Sulim Yamadayev. Shot in the head in a JBR carpark.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

For sure there is Mossad in Dubai. One should know that Dubai is the (il)legal finance and goods hub for Iran to get passed the US embargo. The (shadow) banking market is alive and well and it seems only logical for Israel to monitor some of the funds that find its way to Hezbollah this way.

Everyone who thinks differently should seek immediate councelling... :D

1. http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/i ... Via-Dubai/

2. http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JB27Ak02.html
RobbyG

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 01, 2010
Careful Robby, you may be accused of being an anti-Semite by our resident fanbois! ;)

(BTW - I agree with you)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Careful Robby, you may be accused of being an anti-Semite by our resident fanbois! ;)

(BTW - I agree with you)

Cheers,
Shafique

Stirring things up aight? :P

No anti-semite talk here as I support intelligence above any outright open war. After all, Israel should be able to defend itself just like any other country. If that involves taking down extremists that don't recognize a sovereign state as an essential part of the diplomatic peace process, then so be it.

From a peace process view, I have more respect for Fatah than for Hamas. The solution lies in constructive talks, not in exchanging missiles followed by excessive retaliation from Israel (in defense) with thousands of innocent victims who rather enjoy life. That should be obvious.

New report: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... Hot_Stocks
JERUSALEM—A top Hamas militant leader found dead in his Dubai hotel room on Jan. 20 was a key link in smuggling operations ferrying Iranian weapons to Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, and replacing him could take months, current and former Israeli security officials said on Sunday.

Israel has maintained a policy of not commenting on the attacks, but also of not discouraging reports suggesting it is responsible.

For example, a number of Israeli cabinet ministers on Sunday responded to questions from Israeli media about the death of Mr. Mahbouh by refusing to comment, but then offering unsolicited praise for Mossad chief Meir Dagan.

Analysts say the policy of ambiguity allows Israel to increase its deterrence by taking credit for the attacks, even those it may have had nothing to do with, while avoiding international repercussions.

Applaudable counter intelligence from the above perspective.
RobbyG

Here's an idea - blow Israel right off the face of the map. So many problems will be resolved.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Here's an idea - blow Israel right off the face of the map. So many problems will be resolved.

Easy for you to say. You are already converted to Islam. :lol:

I don't agree. They have been scapegoated too long if you know something about history.

Let me give you an example of why Jews are scapegoated throughout history.

The Jews were expelled from Spain in 1492 for religious and greedy reasons related to the Spanish inquisition. In the 16th Century, Venice was the most influential trade city connecting W-Europe with the Ottoman empire (S-Europe and W-Asia). The Jewish minority fled Spain and was granted access to Venice in small enclaves for their main profession as bankers in a vibrant economic region.

But bankers in general have a problem. They need to have trust in the community or demand collateral for loan losses. In medieval times, the practice of usury (demanding interest on loans) was considered heresy in Christianity, but was allowed with foreigners. The Jews made use of that rule by charging interest on loans to Christians. Now, when you are a minority in a Christian society and your debtors are all Christians then you can't charge interest, so you ask for a pound of flesh (basically your life) as collateral.

Under medieval Christian law, a foreigner (jewish minority) demanding the death of a Christian (after not repaying a loan) was unacceptable and punishable. So, in short, Jewish entrepreneurs had to accept to Baptism or ...move again...

We all know World War II and how Hitler wanted to see his utopia 'Mein Kampf' in working order and hunted the Jews down to nearly every corner of the globe, killing close to 7 million Jews in the process...

What if a Middle Eastern dictator came hunting down the entrepreneurial Americans because of religious reasons? You would want to be left alone also in a nice, save environment to follow your religion in peace wouldn't you?

Think again BB. There's more to a story. :wink:
RobbyG

Bora Bora wrote:Here's an idea - blow Israel right off the face of the map. So many problems will be resolved.

Hitler is reincarnated it seems.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Indeed so it seems.

No seriously, I opt for a secular society based on the general rule of law and freedom of religion. Then everybody can live their lifes in peace.

Thats the real battle. Religion should remain a spiritual thing for the needy. I for instance, don't need it.
RobbyG

Re: Hamas Military Commander 'Assassinated in Dubai' Feb 02, 2010
herve wrote:Yes, something is definitively cooking there...

My feeling was right. Something is cooking. Read this:

Tension between the US and Iran heightened dramatically today with the disclosure that Barack Obama is deploying a missile shield to protect American allies in the Gulf from attack by Tehran.

The US is dispatching Patriot defensive missiles to four countries – Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Kuwait – and keeping two ships in the Gulf capable of shooting down Iranian missiles. Washington is also helping Saudi Arabia develop a force to protect its oil installations.

American officials said the move is aimed at deterring an attack by Iran and reassuring Gulf states fearful that Tehran might react to sanctions by striking at US allies in the region. Washington is also seeking to discourage Israel from a strike against Iran by demonstrating that the US is prepared to contain any threat.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ja ... siles-gulf

Flee Dubai (or the entire Arab peninsula for that matter) while you still can. This is scary stuff... :shock:

Also:

Edit 1: Explosives wash up on Israeli beaches
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast ... e.barrels/

Edit 2: James Bond, Meet Dubai
Dubai, which would prefer to be famous as a playground for the rich, has lately become a center of international intrigue. Last year, a former Chechen general and opponent of the republic’s Moscow-backed regime was shot dead in the parking garage of the upscale residential compound where he lived. Two suspects, an Iranian and a Tajik national, are in custody.

The city’s don’t-ask-don’t-tell notion of banking regulation made it a money laundering haven that allegedly serviced the needs of Russian mobsters, Somali pirates and Al Qaeda terrorists. After 9/11, local authorities tightened financial reporting laws, but plenty of shady types still linger in the shadows.

Al-Mabhouh has been described as a key operative in the pipeline that smuggles weapons provided by Iran into the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. It did not take long for speculation to surface that al-Mabhouh was in Dubai, where many Iranian banks do business, to close an arms deal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/ ... 2947.shtml
RobbyG

Not an unlikely story here in the JewAE (aka UAE) :P
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Tension between the US and Iran heightened dramatically today with the disclosure that Barack Obama is deploying a missile shield to protect American allies in the Gulf from attack by Tehran.

The US is dispatching Patriot defensive missiles to four countries – Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Kuwait – and keeping two ships in the Gulf capable of shooting down Iranian missiles. Washington is also helping Saudi Arabia develop a force to protect its oil installations.

American officials said the move is aimed at deterring an attack by Iran and reassuring Gulf states fearful that Tehran might react to sanctions by striking at US allies in the region. Washington is also seeking to discourage Israel from a strike against Iran by demonstrating that the US is prepared to contain any threat.

:pale: :-?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Israel took pages from Hitler's history, and turned them onto the Palestinians, although on a much lesser scale, but nevertheless the same. Killing women and children, as were Israel's targets in the last big blowup, was genocide. No women equates to no procreation, no children, no future. What they are doing in Palestine is no different than what Hitler did to them. Approximately 1,400 Palestinian women and children were killed and the world goes into a deep spin because what, 11 Israelis were killed. Israel doesn't want peace with the Palestinians, they want to eliminate Palestinians. How does Israel ever expect to live in "peace" as long as they are not willing to share peace? That little country wants to control the region and without the US backing they would never have gotten as far as they have. I could only wish that one day the US will take a stand and tell Israel that they are on their own.

I will never understand why the life of one dead Israeli has more valuable than that of 100 dead Palestinians. Double standards Dutchboy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well BB Adolf, Gaza has one of the highest population growth rates of the world (quite the opposite from genocide). Right there in the top ten. Growth rate at Auschwitz was much less, actually it had a very negative growth rate with gas chambers and all. You seem to want to finish what Hitlers couldn't.

Blind hatred is always so sad and pathetic.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

RobbyG wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Indeed so it seems.

No seriously, I opt for a secular society based on the general rule of law and freedom of religion. Then everybody can live their lifes in peace.

Thats the real battle. Religion should remain a spiritual thing for the needy. I for instance, don't need it.

Don't compare me with Hitler RobbyG. If you want to make comparisons, compare what Israelis have done to Palestinians and their land and homes, and I think you will see that Israel has a Hitler-mentality. What happened to the Jews during the war was dispicable. But it certainly doesn't entitle Israel a free hand to do it to others.

Israel is controlled by fanatic Jews who dress up in Western clothes while their hearts and minds are full of hate. Fortunately they don't represent the majority of Jews outside of Israel. No different from that of Al Quaida, which doesn't represent the majority of Muslims. Its amazing how a small group can do so much damage and demonstrate so much evil.

Israel has been a problem in the region ever since it was established. If Israel got everything it demanded in exchange for peace, it still wouldn't be enough because the bottom line is - Israel doesn't want peace - it wants to eliminate and control.

Where does religion come into this, considering you are an atheist.

Are you saying that "the real battle" is that Israel has a problem with Muslims and that's what has been the core of the problem between Israel and Palestine??

Maybe you "need" a bit of religion yourself RobbyG, it certainly wouldn't hurt you, might even humble you a bit seeing as you think that you are superior in an un-needy way to those who do have a "spiritual thing" who are "needy". How would you know what drives one to having a spiritual belief when you have never had one or experienced one yourself?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:If you want to make comparisons, compare what Israelis have done to Palestinians and their land and homes, and I think you will see that Israel has a Hitler-mentality.

It was the Arabs who wanted to annihilate the Jews and refused peace in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Not the other way around. They failed.

Bora Bora wrote:Israel has been a problem in the region ever since it was established.

Being the only non-Muslim state, of course it is a problem.

Bora Bora wrote:Are you saying that "the real battle" is that Israel has a problem with Muslims and that's what has been the core of the problem between Israel and Palestine??

According to Hamas, the battle is indeed a religious one. A battle of Muslims against infidels. In that battle they donot scare away of using children and women to blow up other children and women.

More on topic: How did this terrorist enter Dubai/UAE in the first place?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:If you want to make comparisons, compare what Israelis have done to Palestinians and their land and homes, and I think you will see that Israel has a Hitler-mentality.

It was the Arabs who wanted to annihilate the Jews and refused peace in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Not the other way around. They failed.

Bora Bora wrote:Israel has been a problem in the region ever since it was established.

Bora Bora wrote:Are you saying that "the real battle" is that Israel has a problem with Muslims and that's what has been the core of the problem between Israel and Palestine??

According to Hamas, the battle is indeed a religious one. A battle of Muslims against infidels. In that battle they donot scare away of using children and women to blow up other children and women.

Our Flying Dutchmen makes some good points there.
And BB, the hate that some fanatic Isreali's developed during the course of time is the same as Hamas fanatics developed among Palestinians. Its blind fear turning to anger under the guise of religion. And you wonder why I want a secular society without laws based on religion? The entire problem is based on religious differences and intolerance against eachother...

The old fanatics in Israel will tell you they don't see a solution to this problem. Its the young people of Israel who have to be intrigued by the prospect of defining peace with the Palestinians. The same goes for the Palestinians. The hatred is so deep among those parties, that every little step closer in the peace process is one to be applauded if only to avoid an outright war.

It would be useless to say who would 'win' such outright war. Think about the restraint Israel has to show each time to keep their forces and military power in control. Its a two side story. Always was and always will be.

This might give you a hint:
Dubai, which would prefer to be famous as a playground for the rich, has lately become a center of international intrigue. Last year, a former Chechen general and opponent of the republic’s Moscow-backed regime was shot dead in the parking garage of the upscale residential compound where he lived. Two suspects, an Iranian and a Tajik national, are in custody.

The city’s don’t-ask-don’t-tell notion of banking regulation made it a money laundering haven that allegedly serviced the needs of Russian mobsters, Somali pirates and Al Qaeda terrorists. After 9/11, local authorities tightened financial reporting laws, but plenty of shady types still linger in the shadows.

Al-Mabhouh has been described as a key operative in the pipeline that smuggles weapons provided by Iran into the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. It did not take long for speculation to surface that al-Mabhouh was in Dubai, where many Iranian banks do business, to close an arms deal.

Dubai is basically a walhalla for mobsters, exiled politicians and warcriminals. Not exactly the safest place on earth.
RobbyG

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Failure to attain peace: Palestine has the right to reject the terms that Israel offers for peace, as Israel has done with Palestine.

Only non-Muslim country: Duh. When you are a minority you should know your place and keep it, especially when surrounded by the majority. But due to US support, Israel exercised and continues to exercise its arrogance. Do you believe that Israel would continue on the only path they know if they didn't have the support of the US? Do you think that Israel would even exist based on past performance if it wasn't for the US protecting them and arming them?

You are right, Israel doesn't use women and children to blow up innocent people, they just drop bombs on them or have their soldiers shoot them.

This is not a religious war. It's about territory. Israel wants the land that the Palestinians reside on.

I'm getting a picture that you belong to a minority in the Netherlands.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Allright, we are not going to solve this Israeli matter in a jiffy. Thats obvious.

Shall we continue with the main topic?

The buildup of defensive forces in the region is always the beginning of an escalating conflict and with the Iranian economy in decline at this moment, it should be clear to some people with knowledge of history that in order to distract the people from domestic issues, a government (Iran) could go to war.

For the Iranian leadership, this could be the ultimate time to block the Hormuz strait as a response to US sanctions. The entire world will drop back in recession and this leaves the USA with a motive to attack Iran, so to distract their (American) peoples attention from domestic issues and open the argument of restoring 40 percent of world oil supplies for economic recovery.

Besides, a nations fiscal stimulus (government spending) has a multiplier effect lower than 1. Which means, that every currency unit (e.g. 1 dollar) results in less than 1 dollar of economic GDP output. Studies show that the best way to get an economy out of its slump is by a buildup of the war industry. In fact, it solves the problem of unemployment and military spending has a direct impact on economic activity.

I'm not surprised at all if we were to see a war with Iran in 2010/2011. Israel intelligence is indicating that Iran is close to nuclear capability in about 1 year and they won't let Iran obtain that capability. So if the US doesn't increase its economic pressure and sanctions, Israel might attack first to secure their safety as Iran has given numerous intentions to blast it to the past. But, the US decided to increase its presence in the Gulf with 2 warships and new sets of defensive Patriot batteries per request of the Arabs.

So, Obama is tightening the thumbscrews to Iran to open their nuclear facilities to UN inspections. IF Iran doesn't comply, I think we can expect a regime change by external force and securitization of world oil supplies.

Lets hope the patriot batteries hold all those Iranian rockets from hitting the Arab peninsula in case of an attack. Margin of error always remains, so 1 in 100 rockets might hit target and human error is always an issue. Need an example?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8492677.stm

I think camping in the desert might be safe option. If Iran fires missiles to Dubai (don't ask me why), it would probably hit the the city center and military bases. Deep in the desert is like living in the rural areas of Siberia. So you know what to do when the SHTF.
RobbyG

melika969 wrote:

:pale: :-?

What region of Iran do you live Mel?
RobbyG

^^^ I live in Tehran! If the war happens I will go to my parents, they live in the north of Iran (Sari). Because of the mountanis and jungles there, It always has been the last place for attackers to evade!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:^^^ I live in Tehran! If the war happens I will go to my parents, they live in the north of Iran (Sari). Because of the mountanis and jungles there, It always has been the last place for attackers to evade!

Sounds like a plan in case you need it. :wink:

Although of minor comfort, you should know that current day rocket technology of US and Israeli forces (in contrast with Irans capability) is extremely accurate, so if it were to happen that Iran be attacked you can have some faith in precision bombings and underground bunkers blasters without numerous projectiles landing accidently in city centers...

I wouldn't want to be in your capital though. Will you watch the news closely to get outta there in time when things might escalate?

Just in case, gather some dry-canned food and bottles of water while supplies are working. You need it during your trip to the Northern areas.
Oh and another great tip: Never leave your cars fuel reserve lower than 50%. You want to avoid government rationing of fuel. Keep it loaded so you can escape the city.

Stay safe. Its better to be prepared for nothing than stranded in agony.
RobbyG

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums