Airplane Terror Plot Foiled In UK

Topic locked
Airplane terror plot foiled in UK Aug 10, 2006
I'm sure most of us are aware of this story today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4778575.stm

'Plot to blow up planes' foiled

All airports have been put under the restrictions
A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.

It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on aircraft in hand luggage.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
/me waits for Lionheart to post and say that all the people arrested were framed and the whole terror plot and subsequent arrests are a conspiracy. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
Hey, I was reading it this morning, very scary indeed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 10, 2006
its the unfair statement of the british goverment with US goverment toward the arab world and lebanon thats causing this hatred... and like usual the innocents pay the bloody price , i hope no one gets hurt and i wish this will be a wake up call for england
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
Just because the airplanes belong to a British airline, and the destination is the US, doesn't mean the terrorists are targeting the right people. How do they know who is flying on those airplanes? What terrorist group do they belong to and what is their agenda? Terrorism will just make people more afraid of Muslims and Arabs - what does that accomplish?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
The really sad thing is that those who were involved are mostly British-born. Therefore they should be tried for treason, which still carries the death penalty.

I also agree with K's comments. Targeting civilians is nothing short of cowardice and accomplishes absolutely nothing. And yes things like this will only go to increase peoples fear and prejudice against certain peoples around the world - sad really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 10, 2006
[quote="Chocoholic"]The really sad thing is that those who were involved are mostly British-born.

and you did`t take any notice of Mr E Powell :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
More updates say all those arrested are of Pakistani decent - they should just throw them all bloody well out!!!!

THe intention was to blow up around 9 planes on or around sept 11th, targeting American, Continental and United airlines heading for America, using liquid explosives.

All passengers are not allowed to carry any hand luggage what-so-ever, no liquids are allowed at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 10, 2006
Chocs, you can't throw out all Pakistani people from the UK. That wouldn't be fair! The root of the cause is anger at UK foreign policy. I personally don't see why there isn't a bigger Arab/Muslim political lobby instead of small pockets of people banding together to commit suicide in order to terrorise and murder innocent people.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
K, I didn't mean it like that, although I know that's how it came across. I meant they should throw this lot out and their associates. Clearly a pattern is beginning to form with certain people being involved in this type of thing, so sad to say there has to be more control over who is being let into the country and where certain people are going.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 10, 2006
The problem is, anyone can start to get angry about Western foreign policy in the Middle East. There is no way to know who is a potential terrorist or not.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
I know, but sad to say it only seems to be certain groups and that's sad, so what can you do. But certainly the scale of what they discovered is mass murder of innocents. It's really scary. And up there, there is no escape.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 10, 2006
I have anxiety when I fly as it is, and yes, when you know that people might be targeting airplines in flight it is pretty darned scary. :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:More updates say all those arrested are of Pakistani decent - they should just throw them all bloody well out!!!!

hmmm - most people think I'm from Pakistani descent.

What if the news was that it was a group of Nepalese hare krishnas, or West Indians, or Albanians, or Irishmen?

When the IRA were bombing the UK mainland, the Irish were viewed with suspicion and I wonder whether there were calls for all the Irish to be repatriated after pub bombings, the Brighton hotel bombing etc... where people were killed?

I am awaiting for all the news to actually unfold - this looks pretty specific threat.. but then again there have been similar scares in the past that have amounted to nothing - eg. the Ricin scare where there was a media blitz and focus on Pakistani decent men that were arrested. But many months later when nothing was found the news was much less prevalent.

This plot, the authorities are saying, involved 21 British born muslims and was well planned and organised. However, not well enough planned to have actually caused any real effect.

Experts on Sky are saying that it is probably not linked to Al-Qaeda...but we have to wait and see.

Ironically, the intent may have been to cause dread and cause maximum disturbance/disruptions.

Most Pakistanis I know are not happy - England trounced them in the second test!!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
[quote="kanelli"]Chocs, you can't throw out all Pakistani people from the UK.

The root of the cause is anger at UK foreign policy. Well If you do not like it in the UK get on a plane and Go else where where :lol: :lol: :lol:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
Chevaliers - your avatar is extremely rude and disrespectful. I am shocked that this is being allowed.

I know you are trying to be provocative (your screen-name gives this away) - but I think you have crossed the line with a dog seeming to defacate on Arabic script on an Arab flag.. I do hope that the Arabic script does not read God (Allah), for that would be asking for trouble.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
why inoccent ppl have to pay the price? and what can be "solved" by terrorising and killing civilians who got nothing to do with the conflict?
sickos and cowards :evil: hope the responsables will be jailed for life!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
shafique wrote:Chevaliers - your avatar is extremely rude and disrespectful. I am shocked that this is being allowed.

I know you are trying to be provocative (your screen-name gives this away) - but I think you have crossed the line with a dog seeming to defacate on Arabic script on an Arab flag.. I do hope that the Arabic script does not read God (Allah), for that would be asking for trouble.

don't worry shafique i know people in high places (not in the forum but elsewhere) and they may already be knocking at the door. if you want to be nasty then you have to be ready to pay. i think the person won't enjoy prison (specially if it is a guy). stay tuned...

the avatar and post should be deleted by the mods or admin anyway
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
kanelli wrote:Chocs, you can't throw out all Pakistani people from the UK.

The root of the cause is anger at UK foreign policy. Well If you do not like it in the UK get on a plane and Go else where where :lol: :lol: :lol:

chevaliers-de sion....why don't u do urself and us a fovour and shut up! i don't get what is the funny part in this story? :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
i dont get it, i cant see anything on his avatar except "land of the gods"

??????????????????
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:i dont get it, i cant see anything on his avatar except "land of the gods"

??????????????????

thanks arnie or maybe he deleted the avatar but i will not call off the operation (see my previous post) unless there is a sencere apology in this forum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: just that easy
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
he's just a troll and a arsehole INJ

just ignore him

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

Aug 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:More updates say all those arrested are of Pakistani decent - they should just throw them all bloody well out!!!!

THe intention was to blow up around 9 planes on or around sept 11th, targeting American, Continental and United airlines heading for America, using liquid explosives.

All passengers are not allowed to carry any hand luggage what-so-ever, no liquids are allowed at all.

thats alot of hatred coming from u choc :shock: remember what u used to tell me about hating israelis and wanting to throw them out ?? 8) 8) DO U GET ME NOW? although i am not saying that pakistanis are like Israelis what so ever... ISRAEL IS THE WORST...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 11, 2006
Gosh this is terrible news!!!

Those of us traveling to the US & UK are going to have to carry our personal items in small CLEAR plastic bags?! How inconvenient and tacky! How are we supposed to survive a long flight without lotion, eye drops and Evian spritzer? I wonder if they're going to ban lip gloss too..???
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2006
apparently lip gloss will be on the permissable list - thankfully

:D :D
arniegang

Aug 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:/me waits for Lionheart to post and say that all the people arrested were framed and the whole terror plot and subsequent arrests are a conspiracy. :D

They are framed until proven guilty in court of law...or is democracy all about putting people on trial on public media. :?:

Anway the timing of this plot is suspicious... blair loosinf support at home, especially his recent green to Zoinist state bombing in Lebanon, Bush's republican party is up reelection on congress, they are behind on most polls...they could use scare tactic to bust their numbers, Isreal needs to deflect world attention away from their massacres in Lebanon..what better way than terror act on London or New York...There are other people deeper pockets, better mind and better motives than 21 angry Pakistanese. But than again if they are found guilty in court of law do whatever you please with them...hang them down town London..gas them..whatever punishment your justice sytem pleases.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 11, 2006
Lionheart wrote:

Anway the timing of this plot is suspicious... blair loosinf support at home, especially his recent green to Zoinist state bombing in Lebanon, Bush's republican party is up reelection on congress, they are behind on most polls...they could use scare tactic to bust their numbers, Isreal needs to deflect world attention away from their massacres in Lebanon..what better way than terror act on London or New York...There are other people deeper pockets, better mind and better motives than 21 angry Pakistanese. But than again if they are found guilty in court of law do whatever you please with them...hang them down town London..gas them..whatever punishment your justice sytem pleases.

what if they were 21 "angry arabs" instead of "21 angry Pakistanese" as you put it should the punishment be the same?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
Lionheart appears and states the expected. :wink:

Chevaliers - take a hike. We don't like trolls here.

I think that many US and British airlines are going to see a major drop in business if passengers, especially business ones, can't bring laptops and carry on bags with their clothes for short trips. I have had my checked luggage lost and damaged, so always keep important things in my carry on bag... For this reason I won't be flying any airline that uses the no carry on bag policy.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:
I think that many US and British airlines are going to see a major drop in business if passengers, especially business ones, can't bring laptops and carry on bags with their clothes for short trips. I have had my checked luggage lost and damaged, so always keep important things in my carry on bag... For this reason I won't be flying any airline that uses the no carry on bag policy.

K, I think in the long run it will make travelling safer and faster. Much of the delays are experienced while people fumble with the their carry-on at the security check and inside the cabin!

One suggestion is to FedEx or UPS essential stuff via overnight delivery to your hotel, home, etc. If you think about it, even if the carry-on essentials are lost they are easily replacesable anywhere in the world (if these are "irreplaceable (sp?)" then I imagine you wouldn't carry them).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
Concord wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

what if they were 21 "angry arabs" instead of "21 angry Pakistanese" as you put it should the punishment be the same?

21 angry Arabs or 21 angry Pakistanese or 21 angry Turks...it really doesn't matter and for the punishment of they are founf guilty its upto the county they have committed the crime in not me.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums