Freelance Visa In Dubai - CapitalSteps 4xim - Fab Solutions

Topic locked
Freelance Visa In Dubai - CapitalSteps 4xim - Fab Solutions Apr 08, 2014
Hi All,

I am planning to get a freelance visa in Dubai, but this is my first time and
I need some help which company to use.

Has anybody tried CapitalSteps 4xim or Fab Solutions before, both Dubai based company?

They both offer package for 3 years, but it would be easier for me to talk to someone who has
signed up with them.

Please let me know if you can help me!

Kind Regards

Claire :)

clairehagen
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Freelance Visa In Dubai - CapitalSteps 4xim - Fab Soluti Apr 13, 2014
Dear All, Id like to Warn Everybody to stay away from companies such as CapitalSteps 4xim and many other consultancy companies. Many of these firms collect datas, mislead people or they use their money for investment. I will tell you above why im saying this.

Last December my cousin (accountant) was looking for a visa solution to work as a freelancer. He found several companies on dubizzle and he arranged a meeting with one of them (Pro Strategy) in JLT it was cluster V or W. She had a meeting with a Canadian couple at the ground floor of the building, the wife told her about the offices upstairs still waiting to be finished. They even went upstairs to see the offices, and she was told to sign up and after registration and visa procedure she can share the office space with them.

She paid 14000 dhs, left the passport and documents, they even give a contract to her and promised visa will be ready in 2 weeks.

When my cousin called them after 2 weeks they kept changing the date of the visa delivery and even after 4 weeks she did have anything. They deleted the adds from dubizzle, switched of mobiles. My sister went back to the cluster where they had the meeting

to get some info about the company. The porter said their is no such a company (Pro Strategy) registered in the building and the floor where they checked out the offices belongs to a different company. She was told to call the police. The guard also told her about a cctv what they have at the main reception and outside roundabout so there are some evidence. By the way the website of the company was also shut down from one day to another.

Before she called the police she sent a mail to the same address where she got the dubizzle reply from and told the guy she will call the police and ask them to check out the cctv to get the number plate and other proof. As in every story they guy made up a story about problem with office papers and so on and he ask her to go to the reception next afternoon. They supposed to meet at 2pm at the same cafe shop, and when she arrived the guy called her from same number what he used before to go to the reception to collect an envelope. He left the money and the passport with the receptionist cos he was afraid to show up.

Just wondering how many other people got ripped of by the same couple, who didnt get the money back. There was also an another company in Deira who collected visa fee and passport and than scanned the passports to make duplicate and after they returned the papers and money saying that they cannot provide the service, they sold the duplicate passports in Thailand and Shanghai.

The main problem, if they rip you off you can barely do anything. Dubai Police wont help you, Du and Etisalat cannot give you information about the owners id, so in the end of the day you will take a huge risk. While we were waiting for my cousin case to be solved I have done some research how to avoid to be cheated by this visa companies. Here are some things what you should keep in mind:

- Each and every ''DODGY'' visa company has a website. If there are no names, such as contact name, manager, somebody to contact,

or they have a number what cannot be reached only a voice mail, there is a huge chance to be ripped off.

- When you go for a meeting asked them to meet with employees or people who already got signed up with them, cos you nee some feedback. If you pay money or they asked for passport, asked them to provide the same from their side (passport copy or emirates id copy). If they refuse, it is straight forward they are hiding something.

- Check out their existenz with their neighbourhood. If they dont know them get away asap.

- Do not pay all the fees in advance! If you pay all, there is a big chance you wont see your money again. If they are legitim, they will agree just to get 50% or 60% upfront and pay the rest on delivery.

I hope this short story will be beneficial for those who are looking for a visa in the future!
KhaledM
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Freelance Visa In Dubai - CapitalSteps 4xim - Fab Soluti Oct 19, 2014
Thank you Khaled for the input. But I require a little help here. I left my job and am in a resident visa sponsored by my husband. I intend to work from home. I work in the creative line - I am an artist and intend to sell my paintings and as well I am a content writer and do research writing for websites, brochures, articles, casestudies, newsletter and magazines. I do not require a visa as I am under my husband's visa. I am not earning a lot on these lines and I have just kickstarted. But I want to do things legally and I wanted to know how I can do that. I do not have a AED 70k to invest in another business or something. Is there a simple, easy way of registering my profession to make it legal?
Raks
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa