My Ex-employer Asking Me To Pay Aed 3000 A Month

Topic locked
my ex-employer asking me to pay aed 3000 a month Apr 23, 2015
Hi,

I resigned from my work last March 16 and rendered a 1 month notice period. However, my boss noticed that on my contract it states that I should give 3 months notice.

He agreed to allow me to leave after a month only if I promised that I will write free 50 articles per month for him until the end of 2015.

I just agreed even though I know He is powertripping me. He said he will not return my passport and will require me to render 3 months notice. So I just said yes so he would let me leave. I'm desperate because the offer in my next job is more than double of what he is giving me. I am fully exhausted working as a copywriter for my previous company, writing 8 high-quality articles per day for just the salary of 4800. So when the new employer offered me 12,000 aed, I saw it as a big opportunity for me and I could not let it pass.

After my cancellation, I returned to the office to handover some things and when I was about to leave he gave me a really funny settlement paper. You can read the attached document.

If I don't write for him, I will pay 3000 aed a month. I signed the paper, I know it is foolish, but I just want to know if the signed agreement is even legal?

By the way, I already have my passport with me but I left my camera there in exchange of my passport.

Can he really make me pay aed 3000 until the end of 2015 should I refuse to write?

Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments
image.jpg
elle14
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: My Ex-employer Asking Me To Pay Aed 3000 A Month Jul 19, 2015
contact me I can help [url=mailto:asma.abidi@bestidea-bms.com]asma.abidi@bestidea-bms.com[/url]
bestidea
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa