To Date Or Not To Date?

Topic locked
Aug 23, 2006
True Love transcends everything.... its even above religion, so if u really love someone their religion shudnt matter. Also in todays day and age , where very few people are religious, it doent really matter.

Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2006
Eros wrote:True Love transcends everything.... its even above religion, so if u really love someone their religion shudnt matter. Also in todays day and age , where very few people are religious, it doent really matter.

eros,

that sounds great on paper, but i am afraid in the real world where kids/adults have to deal with parents and religeous issues, it DOES NOT WORK.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 23, 2006
yorky500 wrote:
Eros wrote:True Love transcends everything.... its even above religion, so if u really love someone their religion shudnt matter. Also in todays day and age , where very few people are religious, it doent really matter.

eros,

that sounds great on paper, but i am afraid in the real world where kids/adults have to deal with parents and religeous issues, it DOES NOT WORK.

it does work if one is willing to sacrifice for another.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2006
many parents say "im not racist, would not discriminate this or that group of ppl, but i dont want u date a black/white/arab/asian etc, because of colour/religion/mentality etc.''
if u grow up with all kinds of prejudicies and believe in them urself, than its not an issue. althou it is not a rarity that a racist person falls in love with another from the group he/she hates. but if ur open minded, than its only up to u how u can "train" ur parents through the years to accept ur decisions and the ppl around u.
...and if training is not an option, than be strong enough to chose ur own life over the selfish expectations of ur parents.

anyway, overcoming the religion and mentalities that come along with it, is, or should be the concern of the couple and nobody elses.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 23, 2006
Corcovado wrote:Kanelli we need to give our children the right to choose their religion when they grow up, cos i said it b4 ur relation with god is 100 % personal and as Khalil Gebran Said:

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

true
raidah

Aug 23, 2006
[quote][/Would you date someone if you know he/she’s a Muslim and you’re a devoted Catholic Christian?[quote]

Hey girl your on to something! :lol:

I say yep give it a try! Dont think that far ahead....there is always two sides of the coin. You might end up marrying him or he might turned up to be the worst guy you've ever met.

As for his religion, try to observe for yourself. Somehow Im convinced their religion is a bit better than ours(sorry dont mean to offend that just my opinion) There are again good things and bad things as well.

Just take care of yourself...I dont want to see a thread of hurt/hatred topic from you bec. of this. :lol:
zam

Aug 23, 2006
Corcovado wrote:same here, my parents are so open minded that once i wanted to be a nun and they didnt mind

Corcs...you were nearly a NUN??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

What went wrong?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 23, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Corcovado wrote:same here, my parents are so open minded that once i wanted to be a nun and they didnt mind

Corcs...you were nearly a NUN??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

What went wrong?

Knight

:oops: :oops: well hmmm u know 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 23, 2006
Ah yes! You got a life and discovered those things called 'boys'!

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 24, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Ah yes! You got a life and discovered those things called 'boys'!

Knight

hehehe :oops: :oops: :oops:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: To date or not to date? Aug 24, 2006
isabela wrote:Would you date someone if you know he/she’s a Muslim and you’re a devoted Catholic Christian?

Coz what’s the point of investing your time and feelings when you know that at the end you will choose a different path. A Muslim should marry a Muslim especially Arabs and a Catholic would wish to be married in a church in front of a priest unless one of you will choose to change his/her religion.
If the reason is – why not try it for fun – then how bout the emotions involve and you can end up having feelings with the other one, then it’s like playing with time …playing with love?

:? :?: :?: :?:

If you're Catholic there must be a Catholic guy out there for you... It's best to stick to your own - religious wise. Religious differences will not matter much at first but eventually these differences will surface and matter.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 24, 2006
isabila

as a muslim who respect his religion i must do what my religion told me to do .
i can merry any girl from the three holy religions therefor i can merry a christian girl a jewish girl or a muslim girl .
i cant merry for example a buddhist girl otherwise my relationship with her will be like doing sins every day.

offcors u merry the person for who he is not for what his religion is .but when u chose a path and a riligion u have to respect that .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: To date or not to date? Aug 24, 2006
isabela wrote:Would you date someone if you know he/she’s a Muslim and you’re a devoted Catholic Christian?

Coz what’s the point of investing your time and feelings when you know that at the end you will choose a different path. A Muslim should marry a Muslim especially Arabs and a Catholic would wish to be married in a church in front of a priest unless one of you will choose to change his/her religion.
If the reason is – why not try it for fun – then how bout the emotions involve and you can end up having feelings with the other one, then it’s like playing with time …playing with love?

:? :?: :?: :?:

muslims guy can marry with christian, jews woman, as per the holy book
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance