Pakistanis Just Wanna Have Blasphemy Laws

Topic locked
Pakistanis just wanna have blasphemy laws Dec 24, 2010

The tiny minority of extremists in Pakistan are planning marches and rallies against any proposed changes to Pakistan's blasphemy laws.

Major Pakistani political parties are holding the demonstrations in the aftermath of some political fallout following the Christian lady who was sentenced to death by hanging for allegedly blaspheming the prophet Muhammad and the Islamic religion.

Some Pakistani politicians and government ministers have claimed the Christian lady may have been innocent and the local court that sentenced the lady has ignored calls from officials to free her.

Of course, all these calls to free a lady from hanging is all the tolerance that many Pakistani clerics can take. One Pakistani minister (who I believe is non-Muslim) has a bounty on his head along with any one else who supports freeing the lady from execution and providing her with shelter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the current position of the Pakistani government is at odds with what most Pakistanis want. If this lady is somehow pardoned, Pakistanis should start to question if their government represents their interests or Washington's.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiap ... st/?hpt=T2

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk