Modified Wii - Where To Buy In Dubai?

Topic locked
Modified Wii - where to buy in Dubai? Oct 13, 2007
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a modded wii - does anyone know where and how much they are going for?

The NTSC wii is going for 1220Dhs at Micro in Mall of the Emirates - but I have read that you can buy modded wiis in Deira (with wiikey mod).

I'd prefer to buy an already modded Wii rather do a DIY job.

(and yes, I did do a search, but didn't find any recent posts)

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 14, 2007
try the al ain center in bur dubai, near spinnys. there is a stall that sells video games and they were selling modded xbox 360s before so its worth checking.
rAMrAID
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2007
Update - I picked up one on Sunday from Al Fahidi street, near the Astoria hotel (is this what they call the electronics souk?)

I paid 1400 for a Japanese modded wii, extra nunchuck, gun, and Wii-play which comes with another remote (so I have 2 remotes and nunchucks).

The Jap model doesn't come with wii sports, but did play the US Wii-play disk (so looks like the mod works).

However, I will be returning the base unit and asking them to replace it with a US version - the Jap model only has Japanese language as an option, and only connects to the Japanese web sites. Major bummer not knowing what the menus say!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 16, 2007
shafique wrote:...extra nunchuck..

:shock: :shock: some extra frustration to let out?

:) I'm tempted to buy one as well, I've heard nothing but good things about the Wii.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 16, 2007
:)

I have 3 daughters at home driving their mum up the wall! This was their collective Eid present from their Dad (mum bought them clothes, jewellry and other stuff I don't understand :) )

The two sets of controllers are to limit (not eliminate) the fights.. :)

I should be exchanging the unit tonight - and we have been impressed with the freeby games that came with it. I read today that Lucas arts will be launching a light sabre for the Wii... I'm sure my daughters need one :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk