How To Over Come Ban

Topic locked
how to over come ban Mar 12, 2008
i have completed 3 yrs in my present company and now i want to move on and have some offers too.....but my present companyinvariably insists on 6 months ban.......how do i join the other company in this case...........eariler ppl use to come back immediatly on visist visa and after 6 months get employment visa.....but i understand visit visas have been stopped now......so wats the way out??

jhakkasbanda
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 12, 2008
Why are they implementing a ban? Are you going to a competitor? or the same industry?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 12, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Why are they implementing a ban? Are you going to a competitor? or the same industry?

Ban is automatic upon cancellation of visa unless a NOC is given.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2008
of course similar industry.........not exactly competitor
jhakkasbanda
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 12, 2008
Bans are not automatic anymor from the Ministry of Labour, they are implemented at a company's discretion, this was changed a while ago.

Simply ask them why they are banning you, and will they not give you and NOC or even transfer your visa to the new company.

If you are not going to a direct competitor, they have no reason to enforce the ban.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 13, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Bans are not automatic anymor from the Ministry of Labour, they are implemented at a company's discretion, this was changed a while ago.

Simply ask them why they are banning you, and will they not give you and NOC or even transfer your visa to the new company.

If you are not going to a direct competitor, they have no reason to enforce the ban.

Depends on the Visa category Chocs.

Unskilled visas still incur the automatic ban.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 13, 2008
i m an engineer........and my company has refused to give NOC........what to do now?????????.............guys need some advice........the offer is very good
jhakkasbanda
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 13, 2008
They have to give you a valid reason for not giving an NOC in that case.

Talk to someone at the Ministry of Labour, as they can very often just overturn a ban if they feel it is unnecessary.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum