Pet Peeve Garbage From Cars

Topic locked
Pet Peeve Garbage from cars May 19, 2006
Is it just me? But my main pet peeve in Dubai [aka TTHTBAFWC] is all the loose garbage left by goddamn lazy people at park lots. They just leave empty cups, candy wrappers, used tissue, empty cans/bottles etc. on the ground before pulling off. What a bunch of lazy bastards. And please don't tell that is just "the [fill in nationality/race] - its JUST LAZINESS [there are garbage cans around or surely they can carry it with them and dispose of it properly].

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2006
Agreed, I hate that. That and spitting from your cars at traffic lights.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 19, 2006
I think this isn't a problem limited to Dubai.
Only this morning here in the UK, I was watching the news which mentioned a clamp down on people littering from their vehicles! £50 fine (about AED 330) for each person spotted!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2006
Fayz,

If I am not mistaken I believe spitting on the sidewalk is illegal (a crime?) - I recall reading something about it somewhere recently. I imagine littering would be as well. Frankly spitting bothers me less (as you may have to spit for some legitimate reasons) whereas littering is just laziness.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2006
Spitting is Crasse

Disgusting...............

No justification

end of..........
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 19, 2006
Concord wrote:Fayz,

(as you may have to spit for some legitimate reasons) \.

During Ramadhan I don’t swallow so at times require spitting but I keep an empty pop can in the car as a spitune, I can respect the need to spit but we all share this place we can work together to keep it clean.

For littering it is a fined offence in the UAE as well, I think AED 500 although I've never seen it enforced.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 19, 2006
fayz wrote:Agreed, I hate that. That and spitting from your cars at traffic lights.
:angry3: that's so horrible! ewwwwwwwww yak yak yak:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 19, 2006
i agree with arnie. spitting in particular and littering absolutly grates me. everytime i see a car stopped at the traffic light and the door open you know whats going to happen - either half a refuse bag or the ashtray is going to be tipped into the street or something large, green and jelly-like is about to be deposited into the street by the driver.

in countries with hot, humid climates - like singapore spitting is heavily fined due to the potential health risks it creates.

then again if people didn't litter what we the municipality do with the virtual army of guys in little ornage suits that clean up after everyone??? they may have to send them home!!! :lol:

things tourists/ investors in dubai don't want to see:

1. spitting
2. litter in the streets
3. plastic bags and bottles scattered across the desert
4. idiotic drivers
5. double standards in the way that the law is sometimes applied
6. perception/ reality of uncontrolable rent increases
7. daily reports of labour problems

in all my years here, i have never been stopped once at the airport by the dubai tourist authority to conduct an exit interview. this is a common practice in many tourist orientated countries to gauge the level of service, standards, average spend as well as good and bad things about the place that they have just visited - very much like a service slip at a resuarant.

anyone care to add a point 8 to the list above. prehaps we could forward it to the tourist authority..... :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 19, 2006
oh number 8 could be traffic congestion, when it takes 30 mins to get from the convention centre to your hotel across the street I don't imagine people enjoy that.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 19, 2006
9 Public hygeine of general public - not wearing deodorant should be a crime! :lol:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2006
and people washing their feet in the washroom sinks in Battuta Mall

:shock: :shock:
arniegang

May 19, 2006
10. Fat women wearing tight pants (they look like sausages). Now, THAT should be a crime. Punishment: baggy pants for life!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:and people washing their feet in the washroom sinks in Battuta Mall

:shock: :shock:

Reminds me of when I was a student and used to work at supermarket. This guy used to come in and go and wash himself in the toilets. He was caught one day in just his briefs in the toilets having a full wash!! He was banned from entering the supermarket again!! :o
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2006
i love 9 and 19, arnie you snuk your un-numbered on in between - like an interchange on shiekh zayed road :)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 19, 2006
oops i meant 9 and 10
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 19, 2006
"Reminds me of when I was a student and used to work at supermarket. This guy used to come in and go and wash himself in the toilets. He was caught one day in just his briefs in the toilets having a full wash!! He was banned from entering the supermarket again!! "

worst i've had was someone using one of our wash basins as a toilet for a number 2... :profileright: i mean what the hell were they thinking! i can only take solice in thinking they he may have burnt his backside on the hot water tap
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 19, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:worst i've had was someone using one of our wash basins as a toilet for a number 2... :profileright: i mean what the hell were they thinking! i can only take solice in thinking they he may have burnt his backside on the hot water tap

Eeeewwwwwwww!!! Disgusting! I've gone off my food now!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Where was this soul??
arniegang

May 20, 2006
customer bathrooms in our showroom .... AND, the washbasins are in the common portion of the bathroom. this means that who ever did the "deed" would have had to climb onto and squat on top of the basin in public.....

eeek!!!! dubai does my head in on occasions!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
Maybe the person did it on the floor and "scooped" it up onto the sink!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2006
there were foot prints :shock:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
You see mothers washing their kids bums (old nappy off, wash bum in hand basin, new nappy on :shock: ) in the sinks all the time in the women's toilets here......never mind we all wash our hands in those sinks presumably to make us germ free :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang

May 20, 2006
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
But it can make you "wretch" at the thought of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 20, 2006
i assume from the general consensus that number 12 on the list would be "tourists don't want to see people taking a dump in a public wash basin"

any thoughts on number 13?? what about...

13. 5 year old children steering/ driving thier parents cars in parking lots?
14 ....
15 ....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
wait, wait ... number

14. tourists don't want to meet michael jackson in the ladies bathrooms

i obviously have to much time on my hands this afternoon ... :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
Get on with your work Soul

arniegang

May 20, 2006
15. Strollers (or "pushchairs"). You think drivers are reckless: these mothers are worse. They think just because they have a kid in one of those annoying things everyone should move out of the way (specially annoying are the doublewide ones). Well, I don't get out of the way (I have just as much right to be there - unless you politely ask).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2006
16. Bagpackers that put something heavy on top of Cream Cakes

arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat