OBL! At Home.

Topic locked
Re: OBL! At Home. May 09, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:BB, lets' rephrase that as 'some' Americans are aware - the majority don't know what's going on outside their own back yard. The majority don't hold passports and have never travelled anywhere.

You are a rare breed in that case.

I'm sure it goes beyond "some" Americans Chocs. One doesn't need to leave the US to become knowledgeable about international issues. Americans do read and there are an abundance of documentaries/news shows to find out what is going on outside the States. The majority don't hold passports because when you have 50 states, which offer diversity, you don't need to leave the States. :) The number of passport holders have grown due to immigrants obtaining US citizenship. It makes travelling back "home" easier. :wink:

Hahaha now that IS a good point!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

shafique wrote:^K - my view is that had he been arrested then there would be fewer conspiracies floating around today. I don't think there would be a spate of hostage taking etc... the nutters hardly need another excuse for their terrorism.

Conspiracy nuts in Europe and the US are bandying around notions that OBL actually died 7 years ago etc.. and basically any new information that comes out now (given the delay) will be suspected of the CIA Hollywood treatment (aka as the 'Memri-fication' of evidence) :)

But at the core, OBL would probably have wished for this type of death. A trial and an execution would have been more humiliating, IMO.

Cheers,
Shafique

I wouldn't blame conspiracy theorists one bit. Can you for a fact prove that OBL was not alive before the day he was allegedly killed? :? There are doubts and the US gov. merely needs to clear those doubts. But considering the number of flip-flops coming out of White House, who'd believe them now?
And think of it....the US attacks Pakistan via drones every second day. Does the average American know what the hell is happening? So at the back of our heads is the lingering doubt, is this merely a re-election campaign bid of some sort? I'm at 70-30. I believe them for the large part, but I have my doubts. And questioning something is a good thing.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

MCL, we all know who wear flip-flops!!! And if they are coming out of the White House, they generally are carrying a bag of money, heading to the airport, to catch a return flight. Those giving them the money wear sandals (with socks, of course!). :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Listen BM, I have you on my foe list and don't click "display post" most of the time, unless someone else says something interesting related to one of your posts and I feel interested enough to click. If someone quotes your post and they are not on my foe list I can of course see what you have written. Hopefully it is less of a mystery for you now.

Thank you Kanelli for clearing up the mystery of how I appear on your foe list but you reply to my posts.
I have to say you do appear to make hard work of something which is basically for a bit of fun, that is DF.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

kanelli wrote:Listen BM, I have you on my foe list and don't click "display post" most of the time, unless someone else says something interesting related to one of your posts and I feel interested enough to click. If someone quotes your post and they are not on my foe list I can of course see what you have written. Hopefully it is less of a mystery for you now.

What the hell? Are you serious?

-- Mon May 09, 2011 3:52 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:It all seems rather childish for people who claim to be so well educated. :roll:

Many children of around 7 years old display a more mature attitude.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

What do Kate Middleton and Osama Bin Ladin have in common?

Last weekend a man from the Navy smashed his way in their back door and shot his load in their face.

:lol:
Bethsmum

Hey look, it's not for anyone to judge what people do with their foe lists - get over it.

BM, that was really crass and pretty foul! Not funny at all.

Back ON topic. I'm not so sure we'll ever know the truth of what happened to OBL, right now the powers that be are happy to keep everyone guessing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:Listen BM, I have you on my foe list and don't click "display post" most of the time, unless someone else says something interesting related to one of your posts and I feel interested enough to click. If someone quotes your post and they are not on my foe list I can of course see what you have written. Hopefully it is less of a mystery for you now.

What the hell? Are you serious?

-- Mon May 09, 2011 3:52 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:It all seems rather childish for people who claim to be so well educated. :roll:

Many children of around 7 years old display a more mature attitude.

FD, you can be a banana about people using the foe list if you like. However, the foe list is an excellent way to deal with the drama of the last few months and ensure that the forum can proceed in a positive way.... well, unless you and BM want to continue to be cry babies about other people's foe lists and speculate on their maturity levels. I wonder what you must think of the person who designed the foe list feature for phpBB in the first place? They must be immature as well ;) I can't wait to see your opinion of the upcoming moderation features that Andyba has told us about in a previous thread. :lol: "What the hell! Karma points? Are you serious?" :lol:

Now, do you want to talk about the subject of this thread or not?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Now, do you want to talk about the subject of this thread or not?

What ya gonna do, threaten me with bad karma? :lol:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

oooh yeaaah! :naka:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

My knees are shaking like a 5 year old. :D
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well, I'm sticking my tongue out like a 7 yr old, na na na boo boo! :P

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Okidoki. :shock: :roll: :roll:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oh merde, you were serious? :lol: :dink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Children, children, play nice!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: OBL! At Home. May 10, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:I didn't misread your post DDS. It was pretty clear what you wrote and the only thing you explained away was the impact if caught dead or alive. Your post can, and was, perceived as sympathic in the way he went down.

Huh ? Now thats just sad now isn't it. Anyone who isn't jumping up and down in times square grunting USA USA is precieved to be sympathetic or somekind of OBL fan ? Nothing but the usual either you are with us or against us rethoric.

As for the rest, Americans really arn't that well informed on anything non US. Just check out the international edition of CNN ! Really have no clue as to what is happening outside their 3 block radius. I can bet you majority can't point out where Iraq or Afgahnistan is on the map.

CNNN reports :D

desertdudeshj

Oh dear, when beaten resort to YOUTUBE. How predictable?
Bethsmum

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: OBL! At Home. May 21, 2011
Another one of those friendly little posts I see :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: OBL! At Home. May 21, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I didn't misread your post DDS. It was pretty clear what you wrote and the only thing you explained away was the impact if caught dead or alive. Your post can, and was, perceived as sympathic in the way he went down.

Huh ? Now thats just sad now isn't it. Anyone who isn't jumping up and down in times square grunting USA USA is precieved to be sympathetic or somekind of OBL fan ? Nothing but the usual either you are with us or against us rethoric.

As for the rest, Americans really arn't that well informed on anything non US. Just check out the international edition of CNN ! Really have no clue as to what is happening outside their 3 block radius. I can bet you majority can't point out where Iraq or Afgahnistan is on the map.

CNNN reports :D

Oh, dear. First, I see you are still on the path of insulting people. Now..........that's :( . Second, that video has been done on DF over and over. I'm sure you were around when it was posted, along with videos of other countries - with the exception of Pakistan of course. :lol: Something original please? The closest you will ever get to Times Square will be sitting in front of your telly right here in Dubai. :lol: :lol: Or, or, if you get lucky, possibly in Canada. :lol: :lol:

I'll get in touch my government and request that more info be provided to Americans who don't give a crap as to what is going on outside their neighborhood. The fact is, Americans are more concerned as to what the likes of you is doing inside the country. :bom: :bom: :bom:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: OBL! At Home. May 22, 2011
Slow day eh ?
desertdudeshj

Lost for words eh???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Never, just lost my momentum 10 days after I posted that, do try to be current next time. Besides not in the mood to waste my energy to feed your ego.

Have your last word and begone now ! Go play with your sister who has just arrived on her broom.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Never, just lost my momentum 10 days after I posted that, do try to be current next time. Besides not in the mood to waste my energy to feed your ego.

Have your last word and begone now ! Go play with your sister who has just arrived on her broom.

:shock: Is there a witch in the vicinity of Discovery Gardens munchkin?
Bethsmum

Talk of the devil...er..in this case witch.

Gotta give it to the crew, they never miss their cue or maybe just awfully predictable ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Talk of the devil...er..in this case witch.

Gotta give it to the crew, they never miss their cue or maybe just awfully predictable ?

I am the good and beautiful witch munchkin! It even gives Discovery Gardens a mention in my casting, Muchkin Square LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6qcgeg2 ... re=related
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat