Bye,bye.

Topic locked
Re: Bye,bye. Jul 25, 2011
Crikey,almost everyone is in agreement,i must be in the wrong forum. :bom:

busa
Dubai forums Addict

busa wrote:Oh i agree she was completely messed up, but what would you do if given the choice of breaking the law by locking some one away in an attempt for them to break the habit, or just watching them die, she may have chosen her own path but i cant help but think that her entourage did little to stop it out of the fear of losing their meal ticket.

No doubt, quite some people who were around her are shedding crocodile tears now. For the people who did care for her, they could only distance themselves from her. Aside from the legal perspective, cases like Amy Winehouse you will have to lock up for the rest of their lives in a room with nothing in it (not even a window) with soft walls. Even then they will manage to get out at some point. How hard it may sound, as a parent/loved one the only thing you can do is (almost) no contact. Thats the only (small) chance you have, as it is the one thing that might (might!) start them to realize what they are doing.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Rehab really does nothing for people as bad as AW. Oh yes you can hold people against their will! Look what happened to Britney Spears! Control of her estate, her life and everything was handed over to her father and she was sectioned for having diminished responsibility and forced into rehab to deal with her issues by a judge!

The main problem is, you cannot help someone when they surround themselves with pushers and other junkies - these people have to go!

AW wasn't just a drug addict she was an alcoholic - and I believe booze can be far worse in many instances, it's just most people don't associate it with such addictions, but it's just as bad if not worse.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

and I believe booze can be far worse in many instances

Any addiction to anything is bad, be in drink, drugs, gambling etc. But how can drink be worse than drugs?

-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:31 am --

busa wrote:Crikey,almost everyone is in agreement,i must be in the wrong forum. :bom:

Bare with me, it's early.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:Of course there are the exceptions, like Davina McColl, who was an addict, and a pusher, for years and now looks the picture of health.

Yes, another poster child sending a message: It's OK to become a drug addict because you can be cured!!! Another fine example: Ozzie Osbourne - no brain damage there right???

I can't stand these "stars", "well known people" who take drugs for years, go in and out of rehab, and then come out "heros" as if they invented the cure themselves. Or those that are known to do drugs, continue to be employed, rake in the money. It worked for Charlie Sheen until his mouth got ahead of his brain and didn't know when to shut it. Heath Ledger - the world mourned over his "accidental" death.

-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 am --

Chocoholic wrote:Oh yes you can hold people against their will! Look what happened to Britney Spears! Control of her estate, her life and everything was handed over to her father and she was sectioned for having diminished responsibility and forced into rehab to deal with her issues by a judge!

The main problem is, you cannot help someone when they surround themselves with pushers and other junkies - these people have to go!

AW wasn't just a drug addict she was an alcoholic - and I believe booze can be far worse in many instances, it's just most people don't associate it with such addictions, but it's just as bad if not worse.

Don't know if the same laws apply in the UK. Spears was not held against her will. Her father was able to prove that she was incapable of making decisions with regard to the handling of her children and her finances, giving him conservatorship over her, which I believe he still has to this day, and as long as he has it she will never get custody of her children.

Being hospitalized for drug OD or attempting to commit suicide, strange behavior under the influence of drugs, are not crimes, and depending who you are, withholding children from their father, is not a crime.

I saw on TV that Lindsey Lohan is broke and can't afford to stay in rehab. :o When she was in court telling the judge about her lack of funds someone grabbed a photo of her with her $1,000 shoes on. Is rehab interferring with her spending or her spending interferring with her staying in a 5* rehab???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I don't think Davina McColl wants to send out that message Bora. She was an addict and she kicked it, lucky for her. She now has a family and a TV career. She's not a Lindsey Lohan type of person at all.
I'm not saying I agree with her prior lifestyle choices but she has been a success story as far as rehabilitation goes.
It costs more to jail a drug offender than to try to rehabilitate them.
Unfortunately not every addict wants to be rehabilitated.

I still waiting to have it explained to me why drink is worse than drugs. :shock:
Bethsmum

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 26, 2011
I think her record company execs probably have to share some of the blame.

She was probably pushed and pushed and pushed to churn out more money making songs and if it took a bottle of Stolly and a few lines of Columbian marching powder to wring it out of her, I am sure they would oblige.

The only thing that will be missed, is her voice.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 30, 2011
I heard she was greated at the Pearly Gates by Princess Diana who welcomed Amy in. 'Princess Diana! Why is your halo black?' asked Amy.

'Don't be silly Amy', said Diana, 'that's not a halo, it's a steering wheel'.
Bethsmum

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 30, 2011
^^^^Ouch!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 31, 2011
But then again I heard that when she got to the Pearly Gates, they were locked. St Peter came out and beckoned Amy to the front and opened the gates.

'Am I getting special treatment because of my name?'she asked.

'No' replied St Peter. 'I'm waiting for a Norwegian translator for this lot.'

Sorry, I didn't make it up, I'm just repeating it. :shock:
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj

Stop swearing on an internet forum munchkin! Didn't your father teach you anything?
Bethsmum

RIP AW, the thread is about her death after all, right?
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

It was, until it got flufficated.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:It was, until it got flufficated.

Well done! good use of the word "flufficated" that although would not appear in most grammatical corrections, would get you 100 points on countdown.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

spellcheckergirl wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:It was, until it got flufficated.

Well done! good use of the word "flufficated" that although would not appear in most grammatical corrections, would get you 100 points on countdown.

I can't see my munchkin watching Countdown, SCG. He likes blood and guts. Maybe he plays Scrabble?
How many points would 'flufficated' get?

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm --

general_A wrote:RIP AW, the thread is about her death after all, right?

She has been welcomed into heaven by George Best and Alex Higgins, general. Now they have their very own winehouse :D

But back on topic, if you insist, although my posts have all been Winehouse inspired :twisted:

She is predicted to take the top album spot off the brilliant Adele today and have about 6 songs in the top 40.
She was vastly over rated if you ask me. She had a good voice but was a waste of space as a human being.
I think the term 'oxygen thief' comes to mind.
I wouldn't want any of my kids to mimic her.

Her father has been giving her clothes away to fans. I saw a rather disturbing picture of someone sniffing some of her underwear. Wierd :shock:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat