Article: Will The Arabs Ever Regain Their Dignity?

Topic locked
Article: Will the Arabs ever regain their dignity? Oct 09, 2011
I enjoy reading opinion articles by Khalaf Al Habtoor. He says what he thinks and probably says what others are afraid to say.

Currently we're like straws blowing in the wind. We react to situations as they happen rather than proactively shape the region to suit our needs

I've always thought of myself as a proud Arab but lately I've been seriously wondering whether there's anything to feel proud about. There was a time when our leaders spoke, the world heard them loud and clear. But those days are, unfortunately, long gone. I cannot comprehend the present generation of Arab leaders. Where is their courage? What happened to our Arab dignity? They behave like they don't have eyes to see, ears to hear or the ability to feel their people's anguish.

Nevertheless, until I turned on my television some mornings ago to catch the news, I still held to the belief that there was hope for the Arab nation, perhaps because that was what I needed to believe. But what I witnessed on Al Jazeera was for me the last straw. I cannot continue wearing rose coloured spectacles when there is an unpleasant reality staring me in the face.

Go to http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists ... y-1.887962
for the full article.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk