Where Are The Places That I Can Go Jogging In Dubai?

Topic locked
Where are the places that I can go jogging in Dubai? Jul 28, 2006
I love running and it keeps me fit. But there are far too few parks and jogging tracks in Dubai (I think). Where do all the runners go to for a good run these days?

It seems there are many sporting goods in stores all over Dubai but not enough sporting facilities like the gym, tennis and badminton courts etc.

Show me a nice place to run & I'll be thankful - the Dubai Marathon is just around the corner and I need to start my training very, very soon.

Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2006
If I remember correctly, there was a post where Maaad had said he was gonna run the marathon, and Kanelli said her significant other was planning to do the same. You may want to check with them. Be wary, MaaaD may want you to sing to him!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 29, 2006
Many people run along the perimeter of Safa park (outdoors).
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 29, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a post where Maaad had said he was gonna run the marathon, and Kanelli said her significant other was planning to do the same. You may want to check with them. Be wary, MaaaD may want you to sing to him!

:lol:

Yes, I think both MaaaD and my hubby are aiming to run in this year's marathon. Running in this weather is terrible at the moment, but in general people run around their community parks and residential developments. The suggestion about Safa park is a good one. We live in Emirates Hills where there are many large lakes that are connected, so that is where my hubby usually runs in the cooler months. Currently he uses the treadmill at the gym.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 29, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote: Be wary, MaaaD may want you to sing to him!

yes if you sing as well as PrettyPenny you will for sure keep me running after you 8)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
There is also a very good track around Mamzar beach.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 29, 2006
I-No-Jack wrote:Many people run along the perimeter of Safa park (outdoors).

Second that - nice surface with distance markings. Good atmo after 8pm and well lit.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:with distance markings.

What is the distance of running around the park once ? 3 kms ? less ? more ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2006
The one in Mamzar is 4km.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 29, 2006
So it's either Al Safa Park or Mamzar beach. That's only 2 places to run and is quite pathetic, isn't it?

Anyway, I always enjoy my runs at Al Safa Park which is about 3.5km per round. I was hoping to try somewhere else where there is some greenery & not too much traffic pollution. I guess there isn't many choices in Dubai, is it?

Do you think this could be one of the reasons why many people here are obese?
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2006
I know there's one in Zabeel park also, but I've never been there. I guess no one else has either. But no question, that outdoor sports (aside from sand football) are not really popuar.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 30, 2006
What about the golf courses, i wonder if they would allow a person to go in for a run.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:What about the golf courses, i wonder if they would allow a person to go in for a run.

Umm no...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
With all these fitness discussion I wana Jog too! Is jumeira beach a bad place for start?
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 30, 2006
easternjewel wrote:With all these fitness discussion I wana Jog too! Is jumeira beach a bad place for start?

not if you are wearing your bikini ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
easternjewel wrote:With all these fitness discussion I wana Jog too! Is jumeira beach a bad place for start?

urgh, not again MaaaD :lol:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 30, 2006
One of the best places to jog is along the Al Seef road, lining the creek on the Bur Dubai side(starts from the Bur Juman signal till the Rulers court). Its very clean and green. Its about 3 kms. And u can find a lot of people walking (very few jog though) in the mornings and the evenings. I go there daily between 6 - 7 in the morning. Anyone is more than welcome to join me.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 30, 2006
Ya, Eros. I think I know where you are talking about. That's a good place with lots of artificial grass and some nicely constructed pavement which is nice and wide I remember.

One could also lie on the grass to do sit-ups/push-ups or simply rest after a strenuous run. Good suggestion.
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

urgh, not again MaaaD :lol:

hahah i get to tease too :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Where are the places that I can go jogging in Dubai? Jul 30, 2006
Gene wrote:I love running and it keeps me fit. But there are far too few parks and jogging tracks in Dubai (I think). Where do all the runners go to for a good run these days?

It seems there are many sporting goods in stores all over Dubai but not enough sporting facilities like the gym, tennis and badminton courts etc.

Show me a nice place to run & I'll be thankful - the Dubai Marathon is just around the corner and I need to start my training very, very soon.

try the bar dubai cornishe opposite the british consulate .
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 31, 2006
You'll never get marathon mileage running around a park (Safa Park is reportedly 3.4 km/lap). If you work in the SZR "downtown" around Trade Center/DIFC/Emirates Towers, you can run in the Zaabeel area to the desert side of the business area. You can get maybe 8 kms in one loop if you try and can construct varied routes so subsequent loops are a little different. The best long run I have found (21.1 km) is a loop around the Creek, from Garhoud Bridge to the pedestrian tunnel at the mouth. You have to criss-cross over the Maktoum bridge. The only negatives are air pollution along the Deira side during traffic and having to wend your way through the souk on the Bur Dubai side. Timing is everything. See map:

http://www.dubaicreekstriders.com/dcsrace.html#map

Also see:

http://www.dubai-road-runners.com/homep ... gruns.html

Finally, you can get decent mileage through the neighborhoods (Umm Sequim etc.) although you have to deal with the strange road patterns.
Bill
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 31, 2006
Bill wrote:You'll never get marathon mileage running around a park (Safa Park is reportedly 3.4 km/lap). If you work in the SZR "downtown" around Trade Center/DIFC/Emirates Towers, you can run in the Zaabeel area to the desert side of the business area. You can get maybe 8 kms in one loop if you try and can construct varied routes so subsequent loops are a little different. The best long run I have found (21.1 km) is a loop around the Creek, from Garhoud Bridge to the pedestrian tunnel at the mouth. You have to criss-cross over the Maktoum bridge. The only negatives are air pollution along the Deira side during traffic and having to wend your way through the souk on the Bur Dubai side. Timing is everything. See map:

http://www.dubaicreekstriders.com/dcsrace.html#map

Also see:

http://www.dubai-road-runners.com/homep ... gruns.html

Finally, you can get decent mileage through the neighborhoods (Umm Sequim etc.) although you have to deal with the strange road patterns.

Thanks Bill that was very informative
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat