New Crown Prince And Deputy Rulers Appointed For Dubai

Topic locked
New Crown Prince and Deputy rulers appointed for Dubai Feb 02, 2008
H.H Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Makhtoum, Vice-President and Prime Minster of the U.A.E and Ruler of Dubai yesterday issued an Emiri Decree appointing his son Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Makthoum as Crown Prince of Dubai and his other son Sheikh Makhtom Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Makhtoum to join his brother Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Makhtoum as Dubai deputy ruler.

What do you guys think of these new developments?

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 02, 2008
What's the deal about the names? Is there a rule that the royal family must use certain names? I saw the family tree and I got more confused

spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2008
with so many names being repeated obviously u would get confused but this is common in middle east and am sure even in the west when you have names like Bush Senior or Bush Juniour :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2008
rudeboy wrote:with so many names being repeated obviously u would get confused but this is common in middle east and am sure even in the west when you have names like Bush Senior or Bush Juniour :D

Its a royal family thing..... The Brit/Canadian/Aussie/NZ Royal Family also has a narrow pool of names that it keeps recycling.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 02, 2008
This move is not a surprise especially since Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad (aka fazza3) was appointed head of the Dubai Emirates Executive Council.

The significance of this move is the moving away from directly giving the crown prince position to the eldest son regardless. Sheikh Mohammad saw that his son Hamdan even though not the eldest has the education, leadership and most importantly the work ethic and charisma to continue what his grandfather and father started.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:with so many names being repeated obviously u would get confused but this is common in middle east and am sure even in the west when you have names like Bush Senior or Bush Juniour :D

Its a royal family thing..... The Brit/Canadian/Aussie/NZ Royal Family also has a narrow pool of names that it keeps recycling.

Yep... Her royal highness queen Shazza and his excellency king Dazza have proudly ruled Australia for many a year without needing to resort to the use of such fanciful things like surnames....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2008
craigindubai wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Yep... Her royal highness queen Shazza and his excellency king Dazza have proudly ruled Australia for many a year without needing to resort to the use of such fanciful things like surnames....

Thats Her Majesty Queen Shazza for you mate :lol:
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2008
I think Hamdan is cute :oops: :oops:
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2008
scarlet wrote:I think Hamdan is cute :oops: :oops:

Strange comment from a hairy biker.. u cant be a biker.. comments like that testify..

I think Hamdan is the more active and charismatic of them.. and hopefully he makes a wise ruler.. so, right move..

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 03, 2008
scarlet wrote:I think Hamdan is cute :oops: :oops:

Is someone putting in her application to be one of the four "official" crownprincesses of Dubai?
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat