Is This Offer Financially Attractive ?

Topic locked
Is this offer financially attractive ? Feb 28, 2009
I will relocating in Dubai if I accept 6000AED package offer (inclusive housing allowance).With that package,, Should I come to Dubai with the cost of living more and more increases in recent years ?
My new job ' responsibility is operate maintain and trouble shooting production line. This position level requires a Diploma (or equivalents) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and lower than Line Technician position and I have 3 years experiences .So , do I deserve with that salary package

Deeply appreciate for any respone!!

balaboo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Is this offer financially attractive ? Mar 01, 2009
balaboo wrote:I will relocating in Dubai if I accept 6000AED package offer (inclusive housing allowance).With that package,, Should I come to Dubai with the cost of living more and more increases in recent years ?
My new job ' responsibility is operate maintain and trouble shooting production line. This position level requires a Diploma (or equivalents) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and lower than Line Technician position and I have 3 years experiences .So , do I deserve with that salary package

Deeply appreciate for any respone!!

Depends on where you are coming from. For instance, if you are coming from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh it could be a step up. Anywhere else, if you are considerably cheap, you can save money. Is the company providing transport to and from work? Exactly what kind of accommodation are you expecting? It could be living in a compound and having your own room - and that's all you get is a room (and a toilet)- and more than likely sharing it. You should ask them as to what kind of accommodation they are providing - single or share and the size of the apartment?

Where are you coming from and what did you earn in your last position?

If you can really budget you would be able to save. But if you come to Disdubailand you can get caught up in all that it has to offer and piss your money away very quickly, especially if you are single.

Good luck
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 01, 2009
According to my standards...thats a No Go.

;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 05, 2009
AED 200 Fuel
AED 200 phone
AED 1000 food
AED 200 (toiletries, also a minimum estimation)
= AED 2,200

Then I didn't buy make-up, clothes, gifts, no entertainment, no magazines, no hair cut/colour etc.

AED 200 (make-up) some months more, some less
AED 70 birth control
AED 250 (underwear) no clothes bought, no shoes, no handbag, no accesories
AED 100 (one movie outing for two)
AED 34 (3 magazines)
AED 180 (hair cut only)
AED 15 (one cup of coffee)
AED 150 (15 dvd's)
AED 120 (one breakfast)
AED 40 1 x car wash
AED 490 (gym)
= AED 1650

TOTAL: AED 3,850 - then I didn't go out, I didn't buy ANY clothes (just basic underwear), shoes etc, no take-aways, no entertainment (going places, seeing things, doing things), NO savings, no pension, no medical costs, no hobby, no long distance phone calls, no migraine medicine*

I also got a package deal for AED 6000, with company car and accommodation.... NOT enough.. I always struggle the last week of the month and I don't do much, don't have expensive habbits etc.

I thought I would be able to save but there is always something eating up the money, a fine here, an emergency there, medical costs, all sorts of small things - like buying vitamins and water!!

I would say NO don't take it unless you are not planning on saving.
missnormal
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Is this offer financially attractive ? Apr 05, 2009
balaboo wrote:I will relocating in Dubai if I accept 6000AED package offer (inclusive housing allowance).

Meaning you have to pay for housing out of that amount? That's going to suck up half of it or more, unless you want to share a room or bed.

Or company is providing housing / housing allowance plus 6000 dhs? Then it's not great but you can afford coffee and a pizza a couple of times a week.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai