Off To Cairo For 4 Days :) Any Ideas?

Topic locked
Off to Cairo for 4 days :) any ideas? May 18, 2007
I am off to Cairo for 4 days on a business trip... evening and nights are all mine :) ideas please...

cheers

farann
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 18, 2007
Get loads of small denominations, becuase you'll be hassled for tips for EVERYTHING.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2007
And see the Pyramids. Ummm, yeah.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 18, 2007
Sage, there is a travel forum you know :roll:

Anyway for cairo look here http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10611.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2007
Grab the Lonely Planet guide to Egypt.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 19, 2007
you want the honest truth?

CANCEL YOUR TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha....anyway...thats a biased opinion. every time i step into Cairo i dread every minute of it and wish i could turn back and get back on the flight.

the nile river is nice....just don't walk along the bank....it smells of urine and garbage......

when someone tells you "you walk like an egyptian"..... RUN!!!! they are gonna try to convince you that they or their father or brother own a gallery or a perfume shop and lure u in

u must definitely try their local taxis.....its a musT! and when u get back to dubai you will appreciate the dubai taxi drivers and even dubai traffic in general......

and there's a whole lot more..............
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2007
Hi Farran,

I wish you a nice time in Cairo. I have stayed and studied there for almost one year. It is an interesting and fascinating city with many problems though - economicall and socially - and to be honest - I would not like to live there again - especially because of the air pollution and because there are some annoying people in tourist areas....
But still - definately worth a visit.

My recommendations:

1. The citadelle - Al-Qalaa! Inside the citadelle are three mosques and several palaces from the Ayyubid dynasty to vistit.
And - the most important - you have an amazaing view over the huge city of Cairo!!!! Don't forget: There are 20 millions living!

2. Visit the Islamic Cairo and the famous Khan al-Khalili market. Take at look at the Mosque of Ibn Tulun (wonderful archtitecture) and relax in the "Fishawi's" - a very popular traditional coffeshop, and smoke a shisha there.

Have a good trip
Ghaima
ghaima
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around