Amsterdam

Topic locked
Re: Amsterdam Oct 29, 2006
bushra21 wrote: I'll be staying there for about 1-3 days...

if u have little time to get to know a'dam... a guided tour is just what u need... u can do this by bus..but the canal cruise is more fun..

Zeedijk in a'dam is worth a visit..it's kinda like Chinatown..

at november 4th...there is ''Museum Night Amsterdam''..this means dancing.. in a museum at night or participating in exclusive guided tours (dancing in a museum hmmm.. :roll: )

a'dam is full with clubs...some clubs u can visit are:
chemistry---> it's something different
jimmy Woo--> hot new club...where ancient Hong-Kong Kong mixes with modern design
magazijn-----> easy going unpretentious club...without door policy.
Club 7even--> the place 2 be..can get really crowded!

in November u can see ‘’Sinterklaas’’...the whole country is going 2 be celebrating this...it's the traditional Dutch Christmas(the standard-issue Christmas is also celebrated on the 25th. )

getting around the town/country is easy...public transportation is well organized...a'dam has a tram network...which will pretty much get you anywhere

there also other places outside a'dam which u can visit..there is a group of working windmills you can visit along the river at the Zaanse Schans... as well as museums and a cheese factory you can visit (this is 15 km from a'dam)

See...personally i would visit the next 2 places...

Six flags holland...it's the roller coaster capital of Europe..
it's a theme park..with amazing roller coasters! (around 1hr drive from a'dam..depends on traffic..)

and my favourite..Apenheul...it's a zoo that specializes in just one type of animal...monkeys!!
the monkeys can roam freely in the woods..and walk around among visitors..unfortanelty the gorillas live on and island in the middle of the park..and don't walk among the visitors :cry:
nevertheless u r still going 2 feel like tarzan in Apenheul...or in ur case Jane.... AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh-o-ahhhhhhhh-o-ahhhhhhhhhh

Oh yeah...watch ur money/stuff over there...there r many pickpockets...
they got the most creative way's to get ur money...so keep ur eyes open..
and try avoid talking with ur mobile on the streets...or it might be gone :twisted:

if u going 2 visit Apenheul..can u may-b yell AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh-o-ahhhhhhhh-o-ahhhhhhhhhh for me :lol:

Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
thanks! but did i say i was going in november? hmmm, if i did, i mean to say in january...im making a stop there on my way to the states...

i know this is going to sound stupid...but im sure you know of the movie 'hostel'...please tell me there is nothing like that there.....tell me that its just a movie and that doesnt really happen. :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
don't go out at night :twisted:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:don't go out at night :twisted:

omg! really? or are you just joking...because i was planning on spending my nights mainly out...i.e. clubs, clubs, bars, places, clubs, bars, clubs....

shoot
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
lol...like any other city...avoid going alone at night...best 2 go with couple of friends...and 110% avoid red light district at night :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
lol, so when should i go there...my cousin had stressed that if i see any place, i should check that place out
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
would say..in afternoon around 4...cause it's then more crowded..and no one will notice ya... and the guy's walking around there won't be thinking what is this girl doing here...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
ok...good point, i was thinking of when would be the best...4 pm, got ya..

now about how much money should i plan on spending...

i want to go to at least one high-class restaraunt...and do shopping and what not. is it expensive? how much does drinks usually run a person...and the clubs...do they have high entrance fees?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
the s.e.x. museum was really funny....its not about horny old men spanking their meat.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 31, 2006
bushra21 wrote:ok...good point, i was thinking of when would be the best...4 pm, got ya..

now about how much money should i plan on spending...

i want to go to at least one high-class restaraunt...and do shopping and what not. is it expensive? how much does drinks usually run a person...and the clubs...do they have high entrance fees?

Money...depends on u i would say...u can make it as expensive as u like...
drinks/clubs are less expensive than in dubai
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 04, 2006
you can also watch live s.e.x shows where a couple have sex in a theatre while people are watching .. very weird experience haha

don't miss on checking out the red light district .. there is a huge statue of a banana so you wont miss it :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
nooty boy....u know abt peep show ha :laughing6:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around