Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Oct 21, 2008
The journey of Dubai began way back in the nineteenth century whereby Dubai set off on the road to development through the trade of gold and pearls. In mid twentieth century, the rich oil resources of the emirate were discovered. And with them, Dubai was on the fast track to emerge on the international scene as a future world-city.

Thomas Steve
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 26, 2008
Friend, Am also in AD for the last one and half year. But its our bad luck that AD have not much places worth a visit. Its better for you to do this: for weekends and holidays if you have any friends or relatives in other emirates just join with them especially Dubai, Fujairah etc.. There is a lot of things to have fun. And unfortunately AD has nothing to be watched!

TOM
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 02, 2008
Anyone can advise me, (please, and thanks) which is the cheaper place: apartment, food etc.; is it Abu dhabi or Dubai?
arn
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 02, 2008
Food the same.
Dubai apartments cheaper from what I hear, and there's more availability.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 30, 2008
sharjah is very cool check that out
rsflash
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2008
it is not so busy as abu dhabi
rsflash
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 25, 2009
I have written of Abu Dhabi on visit-abudhabi.co.uk . We went there on a Costa cruise, but only for a day.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
I mention both Abu Dhabi and Dubai in my visit-dubai.co.uk .

I thought that Abu Dhabi was fine for a visit...... but we were only there for a day on a Costa cruise through the Arabian Gulf.

However, I also accept that apart from shopping and lazing on beaches, there is not a great deal to do in Abu Dhabi compared to Dubai.

AD looked clean and the Corniche area was very smart. I suppose that if you take up boating or golf , there are some activities .

As for shopping, did you see some of the good value jewellery on
gold-jewellery.net ?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
I would love to visit Abu Dhabi
keyquest
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 22, 2009
Liwa oasis and also the highest sanddune is somewhere in abu dhabi
senorita
Dubai Forum Visitor