Worst Drivers In Dubai

Topic locked
Feb 02, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Man's brain is 10% larger than woman's one. This additioanal part is responsible for better orientation. That's why men are better drivers and soccer players.

:D :D :D

Can't wait for Chocs reply :P :P :P

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Red Chief wrote:Man's brain is 10% larger than woman's one. This additioanal part is responsible for better orientation. That's why men are better drivers and soccer players.

:D :D :D

Can't wait for Chocs reply :P :P :P

cant wait for new stories :lol:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
In my opinion young locals are the worse.

I'd rather have an Indian driving 50 kph in the fast lane than some nutter weaving and out of traffic at 140.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
Del wrote:In my opinion young locals are the worse.

I'd rather have an Indian driving 50 kph in the fast lane than some nutter weaving and out of traffic at 140.

True. The rich kids think they're the best drivers in the world, right until they wrap the car around a pole or burn to death in public, in seemingly ultra-safe expensive cars.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2009
I have noticed many Lebs have this vision that a BMW is the safest car ever, and that no one ever dies in a BMW, which is why many of them would rather drive run down 3 series Beemers than a new Lexus or an Avalon
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I have noticed many Lebs have this vision that a BMW is the safest car ever, and that no one ever dies in a BMW, which is why many of them would rather drive run down 3 series Beemers than a new Lexus or an Avalon

At least the Lebs know what a good quality car means. Stylish too and parts that almost never fail, unless you drive like an idiot or won't maintain the car properly.

As for safety...You don't want a tree falling longitudinal on your roof in a 3 series, cause it goes straight trough... Other than that, its a very safe car. I've experienced a 70km/h impact from behind on the highway (in full rain and standing still!!) in Holland in my 3 series coupé and it still was structurally sound for repairs.

BMW 3 series is great. Lebs seemingly know it too.
Offcourse driving with 140km/h and hitting a object, won't increase your survivability. Not even in a Mercedes.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:I have noticed many Lebs have this vision that a BMW is the safest car ever, and that no one ever dies in a BMW, which is why many of them would rather drive run down 3 series Beemers than a new Lexus or an Avalon

At least the Lebs know what a good quality car means. Stylish too and parts that almost never fail, unless you drive like an idiot or won't maintain the car properly.

As for safety...You don't want a tree falling longitudinal on your roof in a 3 series, cause it goes straight trough... Other than that, its a very safe car. I've experienced a 70km/h impact from behind on the highway (in full rain and standing still!!) in Holland in my 3 series coupé and it still was structurally sound for repairs.

Offcourse driving with 140km/h and hitting a object, won't increase your survivability. Not even in a Mercedes.

Well said Robbie. I drive a three-series BM and at least once a month a local at the traffic lights will ask me if it's for sale. (And the fact that there are only two or three of my particular model in the UAE might have something to do with it.)
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

I believe Volvo surpasses their safety standards
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
They surely do. Volvo is no.1 when it comes to safety.
In German safety tests, the 3-series doesn't come out all that high with 3 stars I believe it was.

But my experience and most importantly, German engineering standards, are absolutely one of the best.

Just look at those cars they make. :jerk:
RobbyG

Feb 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:They surely do. Volvo is no.1 when it comes to safety.
In German safety tests, the 3-series doesn't come out all that high with 3 stars I believe it was.

But my experience and most importantly, German engineering standards, are absolutely one of the best.

Just look at those cars they make. :jerk:

The styles are great, but safety is key, especially when driving here, Volvo gets my vote every time.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
yes ive driven both e36 and e46 3 series cars. both are great in safety and reliability. :)
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 02, 2009
Del wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Well said Robbie. I drive a three-series BM and at least once a month a local at the traffic lights will ask me if it's for sale. (And the fact that there are only two or three of my particular model in the UAE might have something to do with it.)

Since you made me curious as to what BMW you're rollin' with...and only two of them in the UAE? Damn...

What type are you driving?

guessing; Z4M Coupé? ....or brand new 7 series?
RobbyG

Feb 02, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Del wrote:In my opinion young locals are the worse.

True. The rich kids think they're the best drivers in the world, right until they wrap the car around a pole or burn to death in public, in seemingly ultra-safe expensive cars.

I wouldn't judge locals if I were you man, not with this look you have ! is this your real hair or are you wearing an afro LOOOL get lost, we rock and roll in driving Mr 1970 Mercedes Benz guy
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 02, 2009
Hey no hating on the 3 series! (Bimmer 335i owner here) :)
RobbyG wrote:Since you made me curious as to what BMW you're rollin' with...and only two of them in the UAE? Damn...

I was about to post the same question. I'm guessing he drives a Z8 or one of those rare Alpina models (B5, B7) or perhaps a Z4M coupe. Z4M roadsters are pretty common in this part of the world. I've seen a couple of 750s on SZR, so it can't be that one either.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2009
zzzane wrote:Hey no hating on the 3 series! (Bimmer 335i owner here) :)
RobbyG wrote:Since you made me curious as to what BMW you're rollin' with...and only two of them in the UAE? Damn...

I was about to post the same question. I'm guessing he drives a Z8 or one of those rare Alpina models (B5, B7) or perhaps a Z4M coupe. Z4M roadsters are pretty common in this part of the world. I've seen a couple of 750s on SZR, so it can't be that one either.

I'd say a Z8 too, or maybe an E46 M3 CSL. I've seen 4 Z4M coupes in Abu Dhabi, but i don't know about Dubai.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Del wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Since you made me curious as to what BMW you're rollin' with...and only two of them in the UAE? Damn...

A brand old 3 series. Classic, according to RTA. And Locals still want to buy it.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 03, 2009
very interesting and very true discussion. dubai is not a democracy nor a free speech enviornment despite what the government tries to convey. at the end of the day all statistics and figures are rigged! manipulated to favor the locals. in all honesty the locals are the worse drivers. just go on youtube and you will see videos of emiratis driving while reading the newspaper. oh wait a minute, youtube is BANNED in dubai. no wonder....ever gotten in a car wreck with a local? whose fault was it? whose fault did the police man make it to be? yes exactly my point

Sunil
http://www.dubai-information-site.com
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2009
DubaiInformationSite wrote:very interesting and very true discussion. dubai is not a democracy nor a free speech enviornment despite what the government tries to convey. at the end of the day all statistics and figures are rigged! manipulated to favor the locals. in all honesty the locals are the worse drivers. just go on youtube and you will see videos of emiratis driving while reading the newspaper. oh wait a minute, youtube is BANNED in dubai. no wonder....ever gotten in a car wreck with a local? whose fault was it? whose fault did the police man make it to be? yes exactly my point

Sunil
http://www.dubai-information-site.com

As a matter of interest, where do you live?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
DubaiInformationSite wrote:oh wait a minute, youtube is BANNED in dubai. no wonder....

It wasn't banned five minutes ago.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 03, 2009
Del wrote:
DubaiInformationSite wrote:oh wait a minute, youtube is BANNED in dubai. no wonder....

It wasn't banned five minutes ago.

Can't get it here, mind you that is Company Policy rather than service provider.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
mercs and bmws are for women and for men who are turning into grand parents :D. i dont even want to go towards Volvo :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:mercs and bmws are for women and for men who are turning into grand parents :D. i dont even want to go towards Volvo :D

Now tell me, what's wrong with Volvo?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:mercs and bmws are for women and for men who are turning into grand parents :D. i dont even want to go towards Volvo :D

:lol:

what would u go for ?!
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

lol tell me WHATS NOT WRONG WITH IT. its old age car sorry ICE AGE car :D i mean the name alone, VOLVO its sounds like POLO or someones gonna vommit. VOLVO LOL :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:

what would u go for ?!

has to be a s3 or a s4 or even a VW GTi or the R34. bloody beemers and mercs :S beemers are delboys car
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
gafoorgk wrote:

what would u go for ?!

has to be a s3 or a s4 or even a VW GTi or the R34. bloody beemers and mercs :S beemers are delboys car

Have you seen who drives VWs? Women, and skinny men in tight t-shirts.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

lol tell me WHATS NOT WRONG WITH IT. its old age car sorry ICE AGE car :D i mean the name alone, VOLVO its sounds like POLO or someones gonna vommit. VOLVO LOL :D

Give me my 4.4ltr XC90 anytime, great vehicle.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
gafoorgk wrote:

what would u go for ?!

R34? I think you mean the R32.
The S3 is a GTi with some fancy dress put on it. The current S4 looks worse than the previous gen model. The GTi looks a bit weird and is completely run over by the Scirocco.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 03, 2009
sorry was confusing the r34 with the r32. mind you the r34 is a monster too. the japs have some nice cars including the godzilla, supra, evo, nsx, s8000.

sorry but the guy from top gear says r32 is the best so cant really argue with him :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:sorry was confusing the r34 with the r32. mind you the r34 is a monster too. the japs have some nice cars including the godzilla, supra, evo, nsx, s8000.

sorry but the guy from top gear says r32 is the best so cant really argue with him :D

S8000? Did Honda just release a V8 powered muscle car? :lol:

Sorry but the same guy from Top Gear also says that all c*cks drive Audis. 'nuff said. :P
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat