Switching Jobs

Topic locked
switching jobs Mar 15, 2007
if you get a job, but after a couple of weeks you get a better job offer and want to switch or quit because you dont like it, can you do it without any problems or bans?. I am an engineer with a master's degree if that makes a difference. I am under my husband's sponsorship, and the employer would get a labour card.

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: switching jobs Mar 15, 2007
indi wrote:if you get a job, but after a couple of weeks you get a better job offer and want to switch or quit because you dont like it, can you do it without any problems or bans?. I am an engineer with a master's degree if that makes a difference. I am under my husband's sponsorship, and the employer would get a labour card.

Under these circumstances normally the Employer will not go through the process of getting you a labour card until you have completed a probation period (3 months), so you would not have a problem switching to another Company other than trying to get your payment. After the Labour card has been issued the Employer can ask for an employment ban, as you are under your husbands sponsorship this would not affect your residency.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Changing jobs Mar 19, 2007
Sage & Onion, can you tell us a bit more about the employment ban? I'd heard about some restrictions on changing employers but could do with more detail. I'm about to head out to Dubai with my current employer but a competitor (also in Dubai) is already starting to ask questions about headhunting me. What happens if I want to change jobs after a few months?
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum