Career V's Money

Topic locked
Career V's Money Jan 02, 2007
I am in a predicament. I have been offered a position in Dubai but the money is only approx US$20K more than my current status in Australia.
Is it worth up routing my family for this small financial gain but furthering my career. I would appreciate some input being positive and negative.

Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 02, 2007
$20K more per month or per year? If per year I would say NO. So since you will not be taxed does not mean you will be earning (gross salary) less than in Australia - or you haven't considered that it will be tax free.

By the way were would you be "routing" your family to? Too much time with wireless technology I think.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
The $20K is annually after tax. All calcutations are net. I have taken into account the Tax free benefits in Dubai for wages. Relocating to Dubai - Jumeirah area.
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 03, 2007
Xander wrote:The $20K is annually after tax. All calcutations are net. I have taken into account the Tax free benefits in Dubai for wages. Relocating to Dubai - Jumeirah area.

When you say Jumeirah area; does that mean you defintely have a place there or would like to live there? If you have a place then it is fine otherwise the places to live there are quite steep in rental price.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

to go or not to go Jan 03, 2007
yes a 3 bed villa in jumerah 2 being vacated by the guy whose job we will take over. we dont have to take that accomodation though..
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum