Is Religion Such An Important Thing?

Topic locked
Mar 12, 2007
shafique wrote:
If you have a different opinion, then let us cordially to agree to disagree. :)

Cheers,
Shafique

most important point. :D

Or just say.. I think you are correct. :D

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 12, 2007
I think you are correct. :D

:lol:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2007
Interesting discussion but the answer is quite obvious. Religion is that important to religious people and not important to non-religious people.

As for me personally, religion in the sense of different rules and regulations people live by is not important but religion in the sense of a persons faith and relationship with God is important. Why is it so important?... because I don't believe life ends in this world but that our spirits live on for ever after and what could possibly be more important than where we spend eternity? And do I believe my religion is the best?... of course I do, if I thought any other religion was better I would follow it instead. It's quite simple, it all comes down to faith... which is something that cannot be forced on people. Everyone will know the truth one day and will (or will not depending how you look at it) pay the consequences for their choices.
Strawberries
Dubai Forum User

Mar 12, 2007
Excellent first post Strawberries, and great nickname too.

Welcome.

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2007
It’s been a while...an interesting thread.guys..
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2007
Strawberries wrote:Interesting discussion but the answer is quite obvious. Religion is that important to religious people and not important to non-religious people.

As for me personally, religion in the sense of different rules and regulations people live by is not important but religion in the sense of a persons faith and relationship with God is important. Why is it so important?... because I don't believe life ends in this world but that our spirits live on for ever after and what could possibly be more important than where we spend eternity? And do I believe my religion is the best?... of course I do, if I thought any other religion was better I would follow it instead. It's quite simple, it all comes down to faith... which is something that cannot be forced on people. Everyone will know the truth one day and will (or will not depending how you look at it) pay the consequences for their choices.

Welcome Strawberries :)

I too believe that life doesnt end here in this world. Just that I dont believe in what ever is written. or is taught... I also believe in God, we may have different views on it though.

Well this falls right on the boundary line.

"Everyone will know the truth one day and will (or will not depending how you look at it) pay the consequences for their choices."

A moderate, considerate society should have the ability to respect others and their ideologies but thinking that one is right and other is wrong doenst do a lot of good in promoting it... just my view.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 13, 2007
shafique wrote:I think you are correct. :D

:lol:

Cheers,
Shafique

:lol: no no.. I said that first :D I think you are correct. :) haha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 13, 2007
Well this falls right on the boundary line.

"Everyone will know the truth one day and will (or will not depending how you look at it) pay the consequences for their choices."

Haha yeah I threw that one in there to see if I'd get any reactions

Thanks for the welcomes :D
Strawberries
Dubai Forum User

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums