Islam And "Political Correctness"

Topic locked
Dec 02, 2006
chapter 4, An-Nisá section 3

"If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or Allah ordain for them some (other) way."

Notice the "(other) way" at the end. This leaves mans imagination to play around with it- whipping, stoning - and for what - s.e.xual desire and thoughts?

"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful."

Complete and utter inequality.

valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Dec 02, 2006
Valkyrie,

Based on the evidence of my previous post linking to the answer to the question about creation of man, you should realise that whereever you are cutting and pasting from is guilty of quoting the Quran out of context.

I suggest you at least do us Muslims the courtesy of looking at one of the many websites that have English translations of the Quran (you can pick any one) and read the verses in context. Note I'm not asking you to look at the many commentaries about verses, but just see the verse in context.

Also note that English translations aren't always accurate - you need a commentary to explain some words which don't have an exact, one-word, translation into Arabic (eg. the verses you quoted have the English word 'lewd' - if you do a little research you will find other translations)

As you have acknowledged my previous post (about the creation of man which answers your cut and paste list of apparent contradictions), I am not inclined to explain these two verses, because you may similarly ignore the explanation and go to the next apparent contradiction.

If you go back to my posts in this thread, you will see that I have looked into all the 'contradictions' raised by opponents of Islam. I maintain that there are no contradictions in reality. Just read the verses in context (and read the commentaries which give you the arabic words and their exact meanings - if you want to be thorough). If still in doubt, consult an Arabic lexicon or non-Muslim arabic speaker for confirmation.

By all means you should critically examine any belief system - I know I do - but don't fall into the trap of believing what opponents of a belief system say about another, try and get the information from the source, then make up your mind.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums