In Need Of Advice

Topic locked
Re: In Need Of Advice Mar 02, 2013
BMreformed wrote:Locals are now exempt from being jailed for bouncing cheques.

Nucleus wrote:That is related to national day decree, hence, it is talking about Emiratis

Locals and Emiratis are the same thing Nucleus

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Locals and Emiratis are the same thing Nucleus
I know. I said it is talking about national day related decree. But read the other news, it is about everyone not just locals related to bounced cheques.

--- Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:07 pm ---

Read http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... eques.html

--- Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:19 pm ---

Second it only covers security cheques, not cheques made for payment. But bounced cheques law has been relaxed for a long time, maybe not officially but lot of people were let go who were in for bounced cheques for property payments for purchases.

--- Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm ---

http://www.emirates247.com/crime/local/ ... 1-1.489339

“These cheques [security cheques] are no longer sufficient to put a defaulter in prison. They are not a criminal tool any more,” said Ali Khalfan Al Dahiri, director of the legal affairs department at the Ministry of Presidential Affairs.

“The decision is in line with the President’s directives to achieve justice for all residents including Emiratis and expatriates. The decision was enforced last month and all federal courts now enforce the same rule on both Emiratis and expatriates. There is no discrimination in the enforcement of these rules,” he added.

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus, do you know of the case of the Pakistani ( I think) who purchased an island on the World project who was jailed because his cheques bounced? Everyone knows the World was never delivered.

Secondly, do you know Ali Lootah personally?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: In Need Of Advice Mar 03, 2013
That pakistani guy is out now.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: In Need Of Advice Mar 03, 2013
Nucleus wrote:That pakistani guy is out now.

That's very good news.

I'm wondering why you chose not to answer my question about the chairman of Nakheel?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: In Need Of Advice Apr 27, 2013
Dont ever take a serious decission according to the man u date with...can he guarantee ur hapines??by now,the answer is yes...but we dot onow yet,whts goin on in the future life...everythings could be changed,so does love..based on my experience,i wont take any life decission just for a guy...
Dash7
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance