Postal Service.

Topic locked
Postal Service. Oct 08, 2007
Hey all :D
Im in the process of relocating to dubai soon, already got the apartment set up ect but wondering about the postal service, boss says employees normally use office address for delivery, for the main that seems ok but is it easy enough to set up a post box, and if so how much do you expect to pay for that service :?:
Thanks in advance

haxnnxah
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 08, 2007
there are no postal street deleiveries, you could apply for a post box, it does however depend on which post office you apply to, some of the more central offices normally have a waiting list for boxes, where as some of the more out of the way offices have plenty.

or, you could do as the majority of people do, have your post delivered to your employers box (if they allow this). most companies have more than one box in anycase.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 08, 2007
There are 2 stupid things about Dubai/UAE postal service:

1. Except for couriers like Aramex/DHL/etc, they don't deliver to doorstep. You must have PO Box (personal or company's).

2. Even if people want to open personal boxes (not free), except for some big buildings, it's impossible for people to have it in their apartment building (or at least nearby places). People must drive/visit regularly to the post office where they open the boxes at. Ridiculous!

If I had enough money, I'd setup a company offering deliveries from PO boxes to door step (if govt allows). No one so far done this and it's supposed to be a good business!
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 08, 2007
xty wrote:There are 2 stupid things about Dubai/UAE postal service:

1. Except for couriers like Aramex/DHL/etc, they don't deliver to doorstep. You must have PO Box (personal or company's).

2. Even if people want to open personal boxes (not free), except for some big buildings, it's impossible for people to have it in their apartment building (or at least nearby places). People must drive/visit regularly to the post office where they open the boxes at. Ridiculous!

If I had enough money, I'd setup a company offering deliveries from PO boxes to door step (if govt allows). No one so far done this and it's supposed to be a good business!

There used to be a big MAILBOXES INC branch in Karama in the 90s. It has disappeared now.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum