New Temporary Visa Requirements

Topic locked
New temporary Visa requirements Sep 21, 2007
Hi all

We are coming over to Dubai soon and have just been informed that we now need to have a tempory employment visa prior to arriving. My company is lookinf into this, but has anyone got any news on this and how long these could take??? :(

emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2007
never heard of this before?? ask the employer to clarrify this, visa's are his responsibility in any case, not yours
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 22, 2007
Employment Visa does exist (and considerably legal & safer for the employee than Visit Visa). But don't know about Temporary one.
A professional company normally will give Employment Visa instead of Visit Visa, and that's fully their responsibility.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2007
Because of the recent publicity regarding banning any person working on Visit Visa (Half the ex-pat population will have to leave :shock: ) this is now being talked about, however I believe what is required is an Entry Visa which will be issued if the Company applies directly for an employment Visa. Actually this was how it was done many years ago.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 22, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Because of the recent publicity regarding banning any person working on Visit Visa (Half the ex-pat population will have to leave :shock: ) this is now being talked about

Does it apply also to parent/spouse-sponsored residence visa holders who work? In that case, maybe 70% expat will have to leave (or at least stop working) :shock:
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2007
xty wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Because of the recent publicity regarding banning any person working on Visit Visa (Half the ex-pat population will have to leave :shock: ) this is now being talked about

Does it apply also to parent/spouse-sponsored residence visa holders who work? In that case, maybe 70% expat will have to leave (or at least stop working) :shock:

I don't think so, as far as we know a Wife who is on her husbands visa will still be able to get a Labour card as is the current practice.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 28, 2007
There was a new Mission Visa mentioned in Emirates Today this morning, for 6 months work and live in Dubai. But I thought there was already a Mission Visa for Doctors, Lawyers and a few other professions.

More info here - visas in Dubai

An employer is supposed to get a work visa to allow you to enter the country if you're coming for a job, then you hand your employer your passport and they get a residence visa and work permit for you. But a visit visa is easier so many do it that way.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum