Need An Advice

Topic locked
need an advice Sep 21, 2006
Hello,
My husband and myself are moving to dubai in few weeks time. He will be working as a restaurant manager, earning 5000 dh/month(+ bonus - well that is not sure yet). We'll have an flat in Al Satwa everything included.
I am still looking for a job at the moment in the hotel industry and really hope i'll find something interesting soon???

To be honnest i'm a bit worried, i don't know what to expect from that new life??? everyone is saying that it will be great, can someone that leaves in Dubai already give me and advice, does his offer sounds ok or is there anythin to worry about???
please HELpppp

Thank you!

allo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 21, 2006
Hi Alo!!!

Just go thru this section!!! All ur Q? will be answered!!!!

If you need something over and above!!!!Everyone here in DB would more that be willing to help!!!!

Hope you enjoy ur stay! :D
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 21, 2006
5000 dhs with accomodation included i hope ? If not then your in big trouble i would say.

As mentioned repeatdley here it really depends on what lifestyle you want to have and what you are used to back home but to some this might be good enough to others this might not be good at all. It would be worthwhile to check out of transportation will be taken care of too ? (car, insurance, maintenance, fuel) because that will take off an expense.

There are many topics about cost of living and such browse through them and let us know if you have specific questions. Best of Luck !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Hi Allo,

Where are you coming from?

The cost of living in Dubai is a bit high, and you should calculate your monthly expenses before actually moving. If your husband will get 5000 aed nett then both of you will be ok. Savings will depend on your lifestyle.

Good Luck.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2006
Hello,
thanks for your posts!!! :D
We are coming from France, we were in LOndon for about 4 years...I really hope our life in Dubai will be great...i'm a bit anxious :?
well yeah the flat is included we won't have to pay for rent and bills.
I hope i'll get a job so with his wages an mine we should be fine...
thanks
Vanessa :wink:
allo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 22, 2006
remember air conditioners use alot of electricity - keep that in mind if your flat doesnt cover utilities.
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2006
boomtown wrote:remember air conditioners use alot of electricity - keep that in mind if your flat doesnt cover utilities.

thanks for the info, but the company will pay for utilties!!! good point :wink:
allo
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum