Job Change; What Abt Bank Account, Car Etc..

Topic locked
Job change; what abt bank account, car etc.. Aug 28, 2008
Hi,
If am changing my job, i have to cancel my current residence visa. My question is what will happen to my current bank account, car etc which are all started; registered on the basisi of my current residence visa? do i need to close the account or will i be able to operate those afetr my visa is cancelled?

trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 28, 2008
Nope you don't have to do a thing. You don't notify them at all. So long as you still have money going into the account to pay the bills, they won't question it.

The only time you'd have to sort everything out, is if and when you finally leave the UAE for good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 29, 2008
Erm, I thought if you change jobs, then you get a new residence visa, assuming your company is sponsoring your residency (if you have residence visa from property or spouse, different story). At least that's what happened to me.

My principal is to get money out of my bank account before I tell company I'm leaving (actually, I opened a new bank account with different bank). It's happened that bank freezes accounts until outstanding debts (loans, credit cards) are cleared up as soon as company tells bank that they will be cancelling residence visa.

Car don't worry about unless you have a car loan - then you'll have to pay it off and sort out ownership. Do this before bank knows you're leaving. If you had a personal loan, you are already car owner. Here's more about visa cancellation in Dubai.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2008
Bonk, that's only if you're concelling your visa and leaving for good. Can you imagine if you had to do that everytime you changed jobs?

Nope you don't have to do anything. I've changed jobs 3 times and had visas cancelled and transferred, and I had car loans, credit cards etc etc. They don't get informed of anything, so they don't need to know. As I said as long as money still keeps going in to pay the bills, they don't care.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 30, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:They don't get informed of anything, so they don't need to know.

That depends on the company. As the company is your sponsor, they could be responsible for your bank debts, telephone bills, DEWA etc, and so some feel they are obligated to inform the bank as soon as you give notice. I expect most companies are less concerned if you're changing jobs versus leaving the country.

It hasn't happened to me, and obviously not to you, but I have heard of residents whose bank accounts have been frozen as soon as they gave notice.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum