Help With The Uae Dubai Customs Tax-thanks Alot!

Topic locked
help with the uae Dubai customs tax-thanks alot! Jul 23, 2009
I am wondering if anyone knows the policy or website regarding how much tax/duties you need to pay to the UAE customs for the personal items (books and other personal belongings) shipping from other countries (USA) to Dubai.

Appreciate your help!

uaer
Dubai Forum User

Aug 01, 2009
Reasonable amount of personal items no import duty. Limits on cigarettes and alcohol.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/duty-free-limits-dubai.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 02, 2009
when i moved from the states, i didn't have to pay anything for the dvd's, books and electronic items i brought with me. it'll take a few days to clear customs however, since they go thru most of it to search for illegal items.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2009
Thanks for the info. They are very helpful.

I still have two questions:

1. on the packing list that I will give to the shipper, I list the value of each of the boxes that I am gonna ship (e.g textbooks 50 US dollars), I don't really know the exact value of the box containing those items, will it be a problem if the customs thinks that the value of the box is much more than the claimed value. Will I be fined? or will I have chance to explain (textbooks are either free, or used for a few years, so the market value has dropped dramatically already.)

2. I also have a lot of books and dvds related to Christianity, including several Bible, will that be a problem? I am a Christian and also interested in religious studies, so I am shipping all these books. Will that be a big problem? What possible consequence will it cause? Thanks.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Aug 03, 2009
1. Probably not if they are obviously personal effects, and there isn't a huge discrepancy between your stated value and what customs think they're worth.

2. If you have multiple copies of the same thing then you might have some explaining to do. Or you have material that is obviously anti-Islam. Otherwise should be ok.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 03, 2009
Thanks alot!
uaer
Dubai Forum User

undefined Oct 16, 2014
Hi dear,
Do I have to pay any tax or charges to take LCD TV 43" to Pakistan?
facekash
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum